DeepMind Programme Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 89 interviews

Other13%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

DeepMind

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DeepMind

Interview

comprehensive and enjoyable. They were very clear and helpful about the process, and it was an exciting interview process and opportunity. comprehensive and enjoyable. They were very clear and helpful about the process, and it was an exciting interview process and opportunity.

Interview Questions
  • Why did i want this job?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DeepMind (London, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

Great Experience! Both the HR and PM interviewers were professional, respectful and friendly. I genuinely enjoyed meeting everyone at DeepMind, and the feedback I got was communicated kindly and felt fair. My recruitment coordinator always responded to the questions the same day, which really helped to calm the anxiety.

Interview Questions
  • Most questions are based around Planning and Leading Projects Enabling Teams Domain Knowledge Just think of situations relevant to the "about you" section in the Job Description.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

184 Comments

Join the conversation on

DeepMind

Application

I interviewed at DeepMind

Interview

Invited to interview over a year after applying, though the interviewers appeared to be unaware of this. Two rounds of online interviews. First round was a general introduction. Second round more specific and targeted to the role.

Interview Questions
  • What is your favourite technology breakthrough in the last two years?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DeepMind (London, England, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

I've only had the first interview with HR and, judging by that, I'd not like to work there. The interviewer was not very interested in the conversation, just picking up questions from a list a typing every word I said. I'm glad I didn't pass that interview as I wouldn't like to continue with the rest of the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DeepMind

Application

I interviewed at DeepMind

Interview

Video Conference with recruiter (~30 mins) followed by video conference with team member (~45 mins). Both focused on key pillars described in job description. This leads into group interview and further, more in depth evaluation.

Interview Questions
  • Questions focused on key pillars described in job description
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at DeepMind (London, England, England) in Mar 2020

Interview

Brief meeting with recruiter who outlined the process. I have 2 interviews with the Hiring Manager, then 3 further interviews with the Program Management team. Interviewing process to 2+ months. Didn't get any feedback whatsoever, whole process felt like a waste of my time.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DeepMind (London, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

3 stages: very informal chat with recruitment partner prior to making an application; 45 min interview with a program manager covering competencies relating directly to the job description; "Exploration Day" in the office with 5 other shortlisted candidates which included several 1:1 interviews, a group task and a solo task. Lots of opportunities to ask questions and see what life is like in the company.

Interview Questions
  • 3 competencies of the role: enabling teams; project management; interest in AGI (artificial general intelligence) research. 2 scenarios discussed for each theme, "what would you do if...?" type questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at DeepMind (London, England, England) in Jan 2018

Interview

I had two interviews, the first with an HR specialist over Hangouts. The interview went really well and he was very professional. The interview was brief though, only 25 minutes. And I would have liked a few more questions around my Programme Management experience and expertise. This was a bit dissappointing as this is where I really excel. This might have also lead to what happened next: The HR coordinator came back about a week after via email, saying that they really liked me but would find me more suitable for an assistant program management position because according to them I lack in-depth programme management knowledge. (This seemed a bit odd to me seeing that I was the most senior in my previous team, and the feedback seemed more like an assumption than a fact seeing they never asked me about the depth of my knowledge.) I am thankful however that they took the time to give me that feedback. I see everything as an opportunity, so I chose to go ahead with the assistant program manager interview. It took place nearly a month after the first interview so I had built up quite a lot of nerves. I met with a programme manager via Hangouts. She was ten minutes late into the interview and had to rush from the interview as well. This was very dissappointing. In my opinion this is not how you should treat candidates who have looked forward to this conversation. There wasn't much time, 20 minutes to be exact, to go through my experience and I didn't have time to ask her more than one question (How could I, as an assistant program manager, make your day-to- day work easier?) And she couldn't actually answer that because it seemed like she didn't know that I was interviewing for assistant program manager position. It felt rushed and a bit confusing thus I really didn't perform my best. I didn't get an offer and was quite disappointed about the process and about letting my nerves get in the way. I also think the process could be a bit more swift. It took nearly three months. Deepmind does a great job however and the coordination was really good all through the process, hence my positive rating.

Interview Questions
  • What motivated you to apply for a position with DeepMind?
  • Best example of a programme manager?
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeepMind (London, England, England)

Interview

Waited 2+ weeks for the initial phone screen. Hiring Manager was 20 minutes late to the phone screen, appeared quite flustered. Generic interview, only 10 minutes long due the delay. Received no feedback in the end. 2 months later, received an email to say things were "a little delayed" but a decision would be made soon. Never heard from them again. If they asked for a face to face now, I'd tell them where to go. I think a lot of people will apply / interview here because of the Google link, using it as a back door into Google. However I am on good authority that Deepmind and Google still operate very separately. If you're serious about Google, go direct. Overall the hiring process was chaotic and poorly organised. I got the impression that the HR team were not experienced enough and certainly overstretched.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you applying to Deepmind? (the only question I can remember, the phone screen was so generic)
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DeepMind (London, England, England) in Dec 2017

Interview

Fairly strait forward. I had 2 interviews via Google Hangouts followed by a face to face interview. The 2 Google Hangouts interviews were simple and straightforward, however the face to face interview with 3 other Programme Managers was very unprofessional. One of them was on his laptop, whilst the other 2 were on their mobiles checking emails whilst I was giving a presentation. The interview only lasted for 30 mins. I had tried to ask questions about the business and scope and I just received one worded answers. The moment they entered the interview room, I could tell that they had already made their mind up.

Interview Questions
11 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews