Dell Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Dell Technologies

3,028 Interview Reviews

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

Had to do online application. Then telephone interview. Then invited to in person interview.
    There was a possibility of a second interview after as well. In person interview was more like a long conversation they asked some competency based questions and was not completely formal so was put at ease. Was told next steps were I would hear from HR and I could be asked back in for another interview or possibly a role play phone call. Where in someone would be the customer and I would be sales person. They called the next day and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I wanted to work for Dell?   1 Answer
    • What was my attainment in my current sales position?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

There were 12 rounds of interviews on the phone. A onsite all day interview plus additional phone interviews scheduled post-onsite. However on the day of the scheduled call I was informed it had to be cancel. A month later recruiter finally responded and informed me the position was filled. The entire process took a little over three months. The submitted expense for the onsite interview was never reimbursed despite multiple email correspondence and promises that payment is in the mail. When asked for a tracking number for the mailed check, no response was received and communication from them ceased.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had encountered some one with a different opinion and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Very thoughtful interview process with right questions asked. Turn around time is quick. Initial phone screen followed by an onsite of five rounds. Relevant questions asked and excellent interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Describing an analytical model from end to end - the past problem you solved.   Answer Question

MBA Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

I submitted my resume and had a phone screen. After that, I was invited to interview. The interview was coordinated via email. My in-person interview was with 2 people. Mostly behavioral questions with one case question.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

brief; dinner and then superday; met team who reviewed resume and shared experiences with all candidates. applied online + was selected to interview. lasts one hour, 1-2 interviewers. know your resume

Interview Questions

Interview

1. Job Fair on University Campus
    2. Company overview given by senior supply chain leaders
    3. Interview on Campus with various teams and managers
    4. Flown out to HQ for Austin tour and interviews
    5. Decision given before leaving

Interview Questions

• Most questions revolved around going through the resume   1 Answer

Principal Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

This was a very odd experience. You would think a company as big as Dell would have interviews down to a science, but this was very unorganized, and I'm not sure how it even evaluated my qualifications. After I applied, a recruiter reach out and scheduled a conversation with me. This was followed by a typical tech screen where they ask you some questions about your background, and have you do a couple coding problems. The coding problems were surprisingly very easy. After that, they scheduled an interview loop. The coordinator sent an email marked urgent, asking for availability, but then took almost a week to schedule, so I guess not really urgent? The interview only consisted of three rounds. There were no coding problems or system design problems. I couldn't understand how they were evaluating me for a principal role. The closest thing I got to technical questions was one interviewer asking me questions like what the difference between a div and span were, or what the difference between a header and head element was. A lot of the questions, most candidates would probably know, but just not know the technical term for, or exact syntax. Very easy things that most people would quickly google. My interviewers were very friendly, but the interviews just made no sense. Ever leave an interview dreading that you'll get an offer? What do you do when everyone is very nice, but they evaluate talent like this? But at this point, it would seem that I'm not ever going to hear back from them either way.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

6 rounds: 1st was basic behaviorial, all of the following technical
    - multiple interviewers in one round
    - whiteboard coding in Python (algorithm)

Straight to technical questions regarding foundations, protocols, past network support experience - asked questions regarding network troubleshooting, access, VPN

Data Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

Got interview through career fair. Very in-depth technical interview on machine learning and projects I have done. After that is a take home assignment, and an onsite interview for final round.

Interview Questions

• It's base on you have done and extension question base on what you say you did.   Answer Question

College Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

No technical questions for asked since this was for a sales role. Asked me about the industry and my experience. It was mostly behavioral and I was interviewed by an employee and HR manager for about an 1 hr.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you know about Industry X   1 Answer

Interview

I talked to a recruiter about the open position and applied through the careers website. I was then contacted by a sales manager to schedule a Skype interview. The interview took about 30 minutes and was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging task at work and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.