Dell Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Dell Technologies

2,708 Interview Reviews

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

1st round: I was contacted by a manager of one of their software dev teams to do phone screening which took about 30 mins. The manager spent 15 mins talking about the project that her group was working on, then she asked about my background. Very class HR questions. Got scheduled for a technical phone screen.

2nd round: The technical phone screen was pretty easy, basic data structure such as Stack, Queue, Graph (no coding, only discussed the use and time complexity). One question involving threads in Java which caught me off guard, but the interviewer gave me hint.

Never heard back from them after the 2nd round, they might move on with other candidates. I feel a little bit disappointed since they did not even bother replying my follow-up email to ask for the status.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you are writing a test script to test a function running in a process over night. How do you make sure that if the process is halted, your test function will be able to detect that.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Was flown in for college interviews along with 50 or so other people. First we were taken out on the town and treated to dinner. We spent the night on the Hyatt by the river, which was nice.

On the day of the interview, we first talked to the HR recruiter, then we were interviewed in a large room where there were many hiring managers present. What happened next was very similar to speed dating.

Each interviewee had an assigned seat, where they were interviewed by their assigned potential manager to be. Every 30 minutes, the managers would all rotate seats (musical chairs style) and talk to their next potential candidate.

Each manager had hiring authority, so if one guy liked you, you were in. I had 3 interviews that day, so in theory could have gotten 3 separate offers.

Interview Questions

• The manager that hired me just wanted to know what I like to do on the weekends b/c my resume already showed that I had technical knowledge. Other managers asked me to tell them everything I knew about BIOS programming, which was zero.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I got an offer that was higher than I expected, so I took it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

one phone interview asking all the details on the resume.
    get response inviting for onsite in one week.

On site interview:
    interviewed with five engineers. All technical questions. not so difficult.

compensation not competitive

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

5 Interviewers, 1 hour each. From 9 to 2. Interviewers were friendly, some asked a little difficult questions, some are easy. Wish the interviewer took candidates to lunch as the interview was during lunch hour, but it did not happen. I guess they cut cost.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in September 2015.

Interview

Very quick interview. Interviewers were nice but hard to read. I don't believe they thought I was a good candidate from the start but I currently have no idea how the interview actually went.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and thorough. Interviews with several managers and technical leads. Asked questions about my experience and expertise. Met individually with each person on the interview panel. Some of the questions were very technical and some were just general interview questions on work experience and past employers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Madison, WI (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Mainly behavioral. The interviewer asked me to code a simple program and then asked mainly about my undergraduate coursework and projects. He also asked some basic aptitude and logical questions which I answered correctly. It was a good interview but later they messaged me saying that there were no positions open as of now (which I found a bit strange).

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific. Asked me which software languages had I worked on and what courses have you taken.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

It is a Skype meeting and all behavior questions. In the very end I asked "It seems a lot companies ask very technical questions but why Dell do this differently?" He answered "Since the technology changing very fast, and you GPA seems fine, so we did not ask for that".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Brief. Literally sat us down and proceeded to explain the requirements of the job. Didn't ask any questions and was completely non-technical. Can't consider it an interview really... more of a discussion

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Hopkinton, MA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I got a mail from the recruiter more than 30 days later to setup a phone call with a Director.
    The director then called me 10 minutes late, and while talking, he was quite unclear for which he said he is in the car, driving, which is why. On reaching his destination, he decided to finish the call.

As a company with such a high reputation, I thought they had a decent hiring process, where the hiring manager focuses on the person and not the road.

I was quite disappointed. Also the director sounded least interested.

Working for such a firm is a big NO!!