Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 5 Feb 2016

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte in September 2012.

Interview

Applied through school's career center. Had on campus interview, which was split into two parts. First thirty minute case interview with one person followed by another thirty minute behavioral with someone different. Case interviewer was nice but given a tough case to work with. Behavioral interviewer less friendly asking questions from list. Second round interviews were the next day with one long interview with two interviewers

Interview Questions

• Case involving the establishment and training of a new software required by the US government for a worldwide medical company   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

- Selection was in the course of 2 days - The first round of selection was through an aptitude test on Day 1; followed by a group presentation of a case, and an interview - both on Day 2 - Only standard personality-gauging questions were asked - None were IT-related - One of the interviewers was cordial, the other severe (good cop, bad cop?) - Got the selection result in less than an hour

Interview Questions

• How many standard ball point pens can fill the interview room?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a digital interview, very standard and quick. They sent out "relation manager" to keep in touch with candidates and was helpful in answering a lot of my questions. It was a technology based position so they expect you have the strong foundation with software aptitude. Only "willingness to learn" will not cut it.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Overall the interview process was very smooth and structured. There was an opportunity to talk to current employees the night before the first round, but there were many other interviewees there so don't expect to have made a lot of memorable impressions. The first round of interviews was exactly what they'll tell you: behavioral part and case study part. I believe the second round of interviews was only a case study, but it was more challenging the second day.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Bangalore (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

1.General apti round (logical and reasoning) 2.Group d round(topic based on your choice) 3.Versan t round(not an issue ,everyone cleared it) 4.technical rounds(2)(round 1 was basics concepts of java later in round 2 they drilled on jdbc concepts and servlets more) 5.HR

Interview Questions

• Opps concepts JdBC concepts programming   1 Answer

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campus (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Campus (Philippines)).

Interview

I applied through school's career center. After submitted resumes, Deloitte held a lot of case interview workshops and networking sessions with applicants. Then if you are invited to the first round interview, it is usually a 30 mins behavioral interview and 30mins-40mins case interview. A lot of people will tell you beforehand that you need to practice the case provided online, using SDLC and understand the frameworks. It is partially true that Deloitte really looks for how you approach a case. Do you see the big picture and take everything into account, or do you get caught in details. Time runs very fast and definitely take good notes, ask good questions. Then you will get invited back for a second round 1 hour long case interview. Again, just be yourself, don't get caught on one question and feel free to ask any information that is not provided. They usually want you to get in touch and make sure that you have talked to at least one or two directors/partners so that they understand you as a person.

Interview Questions

• Have you had the situation where your work had touched your personal integrity?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calcutta (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Calcutta (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

First of all there was an aptitude test, which was adaptive. After a few weeks, they conducted the interview process, which lasted about 7 hours. A total of 110 candidates were selected from the aptitude test round for the interview process. In the interview, candidates were divided into groups of 10, and each group was given a case study and told to have a group discussion and provide a solution to the problem given in the case study. They selected candidates who spoke things that mattered, even if they spoke for just 1 min (my case). It does not matter how much you speak, the quality should be focused on rather than the quantity. About 40 candidates were selected for the next round, the personal interview. They asked questions on various fields, including technical, HR, logic and even on topics like football (from interested candidates), but all these not from everyone. These are just what I got to know from my friends who gave their interviews. The main thing here is to assure them that you are worthy enough and really want to join Deloitte, and they would accept you regardless of whether you answered their questions correctly or not. Also, the panel members are quite friendly. I was quizzed for about 10 mins, and then we chatted for about 15 mins. I could not answer the puzzle question I was asked, but I showed them various approaches to solving the question, and I guess that is what impressed them.

Interview Questions

• *Which Selenium tool you used, full suite or Firefox plugin? (I had mentioned Selenium in my CV) *couple of chmod related questions from UNIX *Puzzle: You are given 2 ropes of different lengths, but they both burn in 1 hour. (No relation between length and time of burning) How can you measure 45 mins? Answer: Burn the first rope from both ends, and at the same time burn the second rope from one end. When the first rope burns completely, it would take 30 mins. At this point, extinguish the second rope, which would also be burnt for 30 mins. Now, burn the remaining part of the rope from both ends, which would take 15 mins. *Why Deloitte? *Lastly, we chatted on career development program offered by Deloitte and also the what would the post require me to do if I was selected.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Riverside, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

My Deloitte interview situation was honestly mediocre in comparison to my Deloitte recruiting experience (which was very extensive and wonderful). I had three thirty-minute back-to-back interviews at my university campus; the first was a behavioral, and the second and third were both case studies. The behavioral interview was unusually brief, and the case interviews were much more technical than I was expecting after reading other interview reviews on here (and in my opinion, much too difficult for any college student to confidently and knowledgeably answer). The interviewers seemed cold and had little to no interest in the interview, and there were no female interviewers. I got no replies from the interviewers after sending followup emails. I personally found them rude and felt they had already pre-selected who they wanted to hire prior to even conducting interviews.

Interview Questions

• - What got you interested in technology? - Tell me about a situation that tested your integrity.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Applied for the BTA externship program over the summer, got a phone interview consisted of behavioral questions, passed the first round and heard back in a few days for an on-site Case Study in Arlington, VA. The case study was fairly easy; it was to test your ability to work in a team, and convey your ideas to others. I got an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took a strong stand on an issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boulder, CO (US)).

Interview

I applied through the campus career site. The first round was on campus and consisted of two 30 minute portions with different people: a case and a behavioral section. Behavioral section was heavily weighted towards work done in teams and challenges within teams, Etc. the case was fairly straightforward with no math required.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were a part of a team that struggled   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.