Deloitte Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Deloitte

3.2

Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England) in December 2020.

Interview

group work in the morning. You don't actually present they just want to see how you work with others then an hour long 1-1 interview with a senior in the department you applied for

Interview Questions

• motivation questions, competency questions (agility, teamwork, leadership etc), how you would handle certain situations etc. They have an assessment centre prep document on their website super helpful. They also have presentation and interview pdf prep. The interview pdf talks about the skills they look for and all the competency questions are based around those skills   Answer Question

Finance Apprentice Interview

Application

Interview

Online job simulation involved a mix of numerical questions, video questions and a couple of written response. The video questions were mainly based on the given case studies. Not too bad just make sure so sound confident and don't panic about the questions as you get some time to prepare.

Interview Questions

• How to resolve an issue involving 2 companies merging.   1 Answer

Audit & Assurance Analytics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England) in December 2020.

Interview

Good start, informal talk to begin. The interviewer was nice and not negative or anything. Very rigid interview structure, little deviation from the questions and no direct questions about my background/experience meaning a very level playing field for candidates and also not a major importance placed on prior experience (for a grad role). I also get the feeling the interviewer wanted to keep personal exchanges to a minimum so no biases could develop. The only downside was that I felt it was quite a cold experience by the end, which is probably only to do with the set structure.

Interview Questions

• There were some set case study questions: I had to read some slides for 2 mins and then discuss them.   1 Answer

Industrial Placement - Audit Interview

Application

Interview

Initial step is to submit an application and after that conduct an online test then a job simulation/digital interview and finally a person-to-person interview held digitally. the job simulation is very difficult and I would suggest you REALLY prepare for it by making sure u have enough examples to refer to and also being able to come up with responses of how you would behave in a situation with a colleague. align these with their core values

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte and why this position?   1 Answer

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England) in November 2020.

Interview

I applied online to Deloitte in mid-October 2020 and a week later was invited to complete a Mini Assessment Centre via Zoom. This consisted of an hour case study prep in which I had to create a PowerPoint Presentation; followed by a 45 min case study interview with a Senior Manager from the service line I was applying to.

The case study portion I had prepared hard for. There isn't a lot of case study preparation materials out there for Human Capital (mainly these types of prep materials are reserved for Strategy & Tech). However, there is a lot you can learn from these as well that help to approach the Human Capital case study. E.g. How to structure your case response, what your interviewer will be looking for during this portion, as well as general information regarding organisation transformation and change management theory. There is a lot of information given in the case study, my approach was to shift through the noise and pick out key points that I could use to structure my answer to the main question.

My interviewer was extremely pleasant and made me feel at ease straight away. She explained that she liked to conduct interviews in an informal way (however, don't let the conversational style of interview allow you to be lapse in your professionalism - remember you are still being assessed). We definitely created a rapport and we ended up speaking for about an hour which I came away feeling was a positive indication of my performance. I was told that she would be assessing 'my chops'; whether or not I had the consulting skills to perform the role. If I was successful in this portion, she would recommend putting me forward to the final stage where I would be invited to a Partner interview where my 'fit' would then be assessed.

Following the Senior Manager interview, HR were a little slow in getting back to me on whether or not I had passed that round (after 10 days I chased and was told they were arranging the Partner interview).

I was finally invited to interview with a Partner within HC - this was also via Zoom and was scheduled to be 30 mins, we ended up speaking for 45. Again, this was extremely pleasant and I felt confident and at ease. Whilst the first interview felt more like an assessment of my skills, this final stage round felt markedly more like a 'getting to know me' interview. I felt positive to have been progressed to this stage and I believe that shone through. The Partner will be assessing your fit within the team you have applied to, but also your motivations and previous experience.

A week later, I was called by HR and formally offered the position!

Interview Questions

• Senior Interview Case Study:
      i) Global Printing Company have a new CEO with a new digital strategy:
      1. How would you manage the change in strategy overall including your rationale
      2. Present a deep dive into one particular workstream
      3. Benefits & Risks
      4. Critical Success Factors

Followed by questions on your presentation.

ii) Informal Skills Interview:
      1. Walk me through your CV
      2. Why Deloitte?
      3. Tell me about a time you have been in a high-performing team?

Partner Interview:
      1. Tell me about your past experience
      2. What sector would you most like to align with?
      3. Can you tell me about your favourite change project?   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England) in November 2020.

Interview

It was alright. Lots of behavioural and analytical questions. The first half of the assessment is based on situtions and behavioural responses. In the second half, You are presented with a lot of reading material, data and graphs to decipher and perfrom mathematical calculations for multiple choice questions.

Interview Questions

• The first part was behavioural questions and the second part was analysis questions.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England) in November 2020.

Interview

3 stage interview for a role based in Belfast. Had a phone call screening , proceeded to the 2nd stage where i had to write a mini assessment, case study preparation and presentation. Had the 3rd and final stage with the Director. The process was easy but the series of emails for the 2nd stage interview can be confusing. I was made an offer which i rejected because the salary was too small for my experience

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England) in October 2020.

Interview

It was a complete waste of my time. I had applied through referral and had an initial call with HR where I clearly stated my salary and role expectations.
    There were 3 rounds. First a hirevue coding test, followed by technical face to face and last leadership interview. I passed all rounds but Deloitte took close to 3 months to share feedback and progress me through the rounds.
    Finally the HR said that they are willing to make offer but forget meeting my salary expectations, they were offering me less than what I was currently offering. And this was not because I wasn't up to the mark, rather their salary band for the said role was limited.
    And even by industry standards their salary band was so low.
    This was so disappointing considering that I had already shared my salary expectations. HR should not have agreed to it in the 1st place , and then kept the process going for 3 months. Repeatedly calling me, even when I had lost interest since they took ages to share feedback, only to give this reply at the end.

Advise to Recruitment
    Different companies have different role structures and salary bands. So a candidate may not always know which role is best fit. Please advise them because that is the purpose of the initial HR screening.

Interview Questions

• Simple Coding questions
      Technical questions based on tech stack mentioned in resume.   Answer Question

Audit Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England) in October 2020.

Interview

I didnt reach the interview process but glassdoor is making me write a review, however I currently have 0 experience. Therefore, I am just writing this here. I only got to the assessment stage where I failed.

Interview Questions

• I could not tell you even if I wanted to. Probably something about your weaknesses. I know the following stage wouldve been the job simulation which I think is quite difficult.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England) in October 2020.

Interview

Before getting to the final assessment, need to finish an online assessment and video interview. The online assessment is not timed and includes some numerical questions. The online interview is timed, and you will need to prepare each questions in 2 min.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.