Democracy Prep Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Democracy Prep Public Schools Interview Questions

Interviews at Democracy Prep Public Schools

Teacher, Secondary School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Performed demo lesson in front of students then debriefed that lesson. Was given feedback about what worked and what didn't. Focuses a lot on classroom control. Come to interview with clear but rigorous content for students to explore.

High School English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

It was very long and smooth. The lady was very nice and engaging with her questions. I loved that she took notes to ensure that she was getting down my words. She was also engaged in the interview. She was very accepting of my answers.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools (Baton Rouge, LA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

It took 2 hours, long and grueling process. The principal walked you around the school and you had to respond to situations that occurred on the spot. Students were like little robots when asked the vision of the school. Did not feel as if the teachers were dedicated, they seemed tired from the long grueling hours.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will fit into our company? What is something you will change about what you saw today? Give your insight on the type of teaching you saw today? When will you be able to start? Will you take another position if not offered this one?   Answer Question

Interview

phone screen interview was average. he asked a lot of questions but they weren't that hard if you are familiarized with interview questions, the interviewer was very nice and helpful, but asked questions very quickly and you felt like you had to answer quickly and wisely.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time I got constructive criticism/feedback?   1 Answer

Manager of Education Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Very structured/scripted. A call with someone from Human Resources who asked me about the use of technology in education but I realized halfway through the call that she didn't understand the answers I was giving, though she thanked me politely for each one. Since some of the questions were about technology, it would have been nice to speak with someone who had the background to assess a lightly technical response.

Interview Questions

• How have you used technology in the classroom?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Democracy Prep?   1 Answer

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools (New York, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied May 19, 2018 and was emailed for digital interview on June 13th. Then, I did a phone interview on June 15th. On June 22nd, received an email stating that my application was not moving forward. Both the interviews had about the same questions which didn't make sense to me. Overall, not any hard questions. The interviewer was polite. I'm glad they got back to me about the status of my aapplication.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools in June 2018.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview at a local Democracy Prep in my city. The lady never called and has not responded to my email. Its rude and unprofessional to not let a candidate know that an interview has been canceled. But from reading the comments here, it seems like I dodged a horrible work experience

Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

The short of it was the interview process at Democracy prep was long, drawn out, and cold. The admin seems to care more about discipline than actually seeing their students grow in and out of the classroom.

The students and teachers are not robots, we're all human...if the Principal and leadership understand this concept they won't be searching for 100 new positions every school year.

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools (Las Vegas, NV (US)).

Interview

A recruiter called me to interview me about the position I had not yet applied for. They were probably desperate to hire for the vacancy. I was not interviewed by the head administrator although I had been told that I would be. The interviewers were not up front about the transitional and uncertain state of the school, what a disorganized mess the head administration was, and the attitude that the students and parents had over the Democracy Prep takeover. I wish that I hadn't taken the offer.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Democracy Prep Public Schools in February 2018.

Interview

Overall, my interview experience was terrible. Is this school for underserved population? Then recruiters need code of ethics to represent as members of wonderfully established school. I applied two seperate locations, and qualification listed in the job posting mentions that with 2 years of urban teaching experience and state certification are preferred, not required.

Two recruiters contacted me separately, and one recruiters ask for convenient time on the provided link, but the other recruiters made a mistake, not to make a calendar, so we set a time and date through email, but she didn’t mention the time zone, and called following ET zone, and it was 5 mins late.

She seemed to be reading from a script going question by question and introduction about school. And last part of question was if I have a in state or out of state teaching license, and said that I should gain certification in my desired state. It’s a common rule and everybody knows, then qualification listed should be changed, and I wonder if a recruiter ask questions and send a email after reading applicant’s qualifications on CV. Five days after 20 mins phone interview, I got a rude rejection email, never reapply in a given academic year. (Oh, I’ll never apply, and wanna spread my horrible experience.)

It was so weird that I got another recruiter’s email about upcoming interview. So I asked if it was still valid and no answer had been received. Because it had been my ideal job, and I applied to different locations, I prepared for a second interview, and I got no phone call on a scheduled date. It happened because of recruiter team’s a lack of communication on applicant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself. Why do you want to work at Democracy Prep?   1 Answer
    • How do you measure progress(succeess) as a teacher?   1 Answer
    • Are you okay with very long hours? How do you manage your time?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.