Deutsche Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated 15 Dec 2017
1,331 Interview Reviews

Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

There were two rounds: an interview on campus with two employees, and then final rounds at their branch in Cary, North Carolina about a month later. For the final round there were two 30 minute, one-on-one interviews. One was technical and they asked me to coding questions, and the other one was behavioral/technical (mainly theoretical questions about Java). When I mentioned that the language that I was most proficient in was C++, my interviewer asked me more questions about C++, which was nice because I couldn't remember too much about Java and I think I was able to redeem myself. Overall was a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you print out the fibonacci sequence (iteratively)?
      Questions on concurrency and threading, pass by reference vs pass by value   Answer Question

CRE Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

1st round was a 30 minute phone interview. 2nd round was two in person interviews of which you were interview by 2-3 people at once. Final round was another two in person interviews administered by two or three people.

Interview Questions

• Why DB? Why real estate? Technical questions about CRE lending. Basic resume questions.   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Very streamlined process. Received a phone call that I had been selected to interview, they flew me out two weeks later. Didn't get final round interview. In-person interview was with two people, they asked all behavioural questions. Make sure to know about Deutsche and what differentiates them from the other IB's.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a technical problem and how you solved it?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL (US)).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter to attend “super-hiring” event. Event was re-scheduled THREE times.
    Finally - interview day, 2 interviews back to back - half hour each with 2 different VPs/AVPs, extremely rushed with people knocking on the door - by the way the interview room is a claustrophobic’s worst nightmare - can’t be bigger than 5x7.
    Takes three weeks to get contacted again by recruiter - wanting to “proceed with hiring process”. WORST employer related experience I’ve ever dealt with, the unprofessionalism, disorganization and lack of follow up is astounding. It’s been 3 months since they supposedly wanted to proceed and I’m still being strung along by HR - it’s a cat and mouse game. At this point I feel discriminated - yes I am a minority but I am well beyond qualified for the role I applied and interviewed for. Never, ever have I had such an all around negative experience with an organization.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interview was basic resume fit questions with basic market questions. There were some questions on how you would assess different types of risk and your understanding of the different roles within a risk department.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Applied online for the San Francisco location
    Was in the process for another group but didnt get the offer. They thought i was impressive enough and referred me to another group to an automatic superday
    I got a call and flew out 4 days later

Interview Questions

• 4 rounds of interviews
      2 were highly behavioral asking about my past experiences and why I was interested in the group
      One was purely technical asking about the different valuation methods, merger model analysis, etc
      One other interview was very group specific asking about a company in the industry, how to value a company in that specific vertical, etc   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then did an online assessment. A week later, i received an email to do a video interview with 2 women. Later that day after the interview i was called about coming to their NYC office for the final round at an HR Super day a week later. For the final round, it was two separate interviews, the first was with one man in HR and the final was with two men in HR. Was grilled with questions about my experience on my resume and was asked specific questions about the HR industry of the places i had previously interned at. Long story short - if you have it on your resume, you should absolutely be able to talk about it in great detail. After my interview, I received a call the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me chronologically through your resume   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with a large amount of data   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a breach in confidentiality (or how would you deal with that)   Answer Question
    • What part of HR do you least enjoy   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your campus involvement.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, heard back in 2-3 weeks. First 30 min round in the morning with Associate and VP about resume and technicals. Invited back for two 30 min rounds in the afternoon with MDs that were mainly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about resume, background, why investment banking   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Two on-the-spot phone interviews. No email or notification that they would call. Friendly people, mainly behavioral questions and things about my resume. Didn't seem very organized, nor were they able to answer my questions regarding what next steps might entail. Seemed unaware of the process themselves. Still waiting to hear back.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

No interview. Show why you care about diversity in the essay. Most students were from top universities, so if you're not in a target school, make sure you stand out with what you've done for diversity.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.