Deutsche Bank Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk
Glassdoor Logo

Find jobs for Investment Banking Summer Analyst

Deutsche Bank Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 25 Aug 2018

3.3

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a first round phone screen without it being scheduled in advance - called me by surprise.
I attended the Superday a few weeks later, which was 5 round of interviews. One was a 2-on-1 with two analysts. Then an interview with an associate, then a VP, then an MD, then another analyst. Had 2 or 3 brain teasers and a couple hard technicals but mostly basic stuff.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF   1 Answer
  • Sum the numbers 1-100 without a calculator and show me how you did it   Answer Question
  • If you had two acquisitions identical in every way except one had more revenue synergies and one was based on more cost synergies, which modeled price is more conservative?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Recruited from a core school:
    2 20minute interviews with alumni, if selected, followed by 2 30minute interviews for their Super-Day. Was very easy, and clear throughout the entire process. DB wants people that are genuinely interested in working for the bank, rather then just landing an IB internship... if you have an interview and are there for the wrong reasons you will be exposed come interview time.

Interview Questions

• The first round interviews stressed my knowledge of basic accounting concepts/valuations. The most important questions are "Why IB/DB"

Super-Day was tough being that mine took place over the phone instead of in the office (NYC). 1 was all fit, one was 25% fit/ 75% technical

Questions:
      What is Brexit? How does it impact the economy?
      Where is the market headed?
      What do I get with an EPS, P/E, EBITDA multiple?
      What do you know about LBOs?
      What do I look for on the financial statements when analyzing a company (aside from the first and second answer I gave them)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews with director and vice president levels. They asked mostly behavioral questions to see if you fit for the role. I wouldn't worry too much. There were no technical questions. asked

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

They were very friendly and helpful throughout the interview process. Compared to other banks I felt as if they were trying to get to know who I was which is why I ultimately turned down my offers to other banks.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I interviewed for the dbAchieve program for the corporate finance (IB) divisiom. I had a 2:1 for first round, then 2 1:1 for the second round, and they were both behavioral. Heard back 3 days later by phone.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got invited to super day about a week after deadlines ended. 2 on 1 interview with two VPs, friendly atmosphere. Heavily technical, not only the basic technicals but the rationale and reasoning behind why things are down the way they are. Pressure test focused, got pushed right at the start.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 ways to value a company? What is the rationale behind each method? Please rank the 3 methods in order of valuation and explain why   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Notre Dame, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Notre Dame, IN (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a campus interview. It consisted of two days of interviewing. The first day was one inteview- a half behavioral half technical invterview with a VP from NY. The second day consisted of two half hour back to back interviews. One was very technical. The other one was solely behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Standard interview questions, no curve balls, and make sure you ace the behavioral part. A strong grasp on the three fundamental valuation methodologies is key. Understand why they exist and which one to use under which situation, the pros and cons. Tell me about yourself is a determined factor.

Interview Questions

• I was given a situation and asked what advice I would provide.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

It was for their sophomore diversity program. I applied on their website. The application included resume submission and an essay. I heard back in about a month, and was invited to their NYC office for a super day. The super day had two rounds of interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all behavioral. Some candidates received technical questions based on their previous internship experience in finance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

One screening phone interview and two panel interviews with senior people (7+ years work experience) in New York for the Hong Kong position. Technical and market based questions. Look very deep into resume. There was a translation test after the second panel interview........ Got the offer very soon and the HR is very nice to answer your questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.