Diligent Senior Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1 Interview Review

2.0

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Diligent (London, England) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn. A few weeks later, I had a first round call (20 mins, approx) with the internal recruiter, who was very personable. That went well, so I quickly progressed to a phonecall (again, approx 20 mins) with the hiring manager. Within a few days, I had a scheduled interview with that hiring manager and the VP, for which I was asked to prepare a 10 minute presentation on an app.

On the day, the VP was unfortunately ill, so I presented to the hiring manager and a member of the team I would be joining. The interview went very well (took a little over an hour), and both came across as warm and approachable. The next day, I had a call with the VP. Again, no issues there, all seemed to be going quite smoothly.

Here, unfortunately, is where the wheels came off. On a Friday evening at 5.30, the recruiter called to tell me that they were delighted to present me with an offer. The offer came in a little lower than I'd anticipated, but I was still interested so I asked about what room there was for negotiation and what commission guarantees were offered (both standard practice in my Sales career). The recruiter said she'd find out and get back in touch.

At 5.45pm, I got another call from the recruiter saying that they had spoken with the VP, that there would be no scope for negotiation, no guarantees offered, and that I had until 6pm to decide whether I accepted the offer before it was pulled. 15 minutes to weigh up my career path and its implications on my life. Quite honestly, I was horrified. I'd really enjoyed my experience with Diligent to this point, and thought everyone there had come across very well. This ultimatum is unlike anything I've experienced before, and I'd have serious reservations about any company attempting to strong-arm people into a role. I emailed back to decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• Please prepare a 10 minute presentation on an app of your choice.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.