Discover Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 796 of over 796 interviews

Employee Referral11%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Discover

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover

Interview

deeply mining the context in your resume, mainly about your projects. Interspersed with some data analysis and sql problems, the difference between left join and inner join, difference between loc and iloc. Nice interview experience, quite professional.

Interview Questions
  • How do you think about data analyst? Why did you apply for this job?
    Answer Question

Discover

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Discover

Interview

Contacted pretty soon after my application. HR was pretty positive but then started to ask specifically the questions not related to a position (or at least not related to a position I was applying to). Like years of development experience while I was focused on PO duties and SAFe knowledge. Development experience was not listed on the role at all despite I have it... Then they send me an invitation for a "Technical interview" without any description and without any names of the persons who are invited (my name was put with a typo). The "Technical" interview was in fact behavioral with a couple of short case questions. Behavioral questions were pretty common - tell me about one of your mistakes etc. Case questions seemed simple but it was obvious that the interviewer was expecting some particular answers. I never got any response from HR - only an auto-decline message.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your mistake Tell me how you handle ambiguity Something similar...

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

85.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Discover~13990
Join the conversation on

Discover

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Discover

Interview

Assessment with games initially. If you pass that, you have a 15-30 minute phone interview. If you pass that, you have a 45-75 minute video interview. You get asked additional questions about importance in environment for you at a job, how you would handle situations, asked to read a script verbatim/listen to a call, go over benefits, etc.

Interview Questions
  • How you would handle an escalated customer. What are 3 important things working in customer support. Why Discover? A time when you received critique/feedback from management and how you handled it.

Discover

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Discover in Aug 2022

Interview

Phone interview scheduled where I was asked about my background and what I was looking for. Then I had 4 back to back interviews. The person organizing the interviews didn’t send me an invite to 1 of my interviews so it messed up the timing of all the interviews. Overall, everyone was really nice and asked questions about my job expirence and answered any questions I had.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you implemented something and pulled in a team to help

Discover

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover in Aug 2022

Interview

Virtual interview process. Everything was super easy and the interviewer was very friendly and thorough; She gave me tons of information but in a very absorbable and understandable way. The interview lasted about 40 mins which was what she had told me on the phone when setting everything up. She made sure I had answers to any and all questions that I might have had about the position or the company.

Interview Questions
  • Collections department handle a lot of angry customers, how have you dealt with an angry customer in the past?

Discover

Application

I interviewed at Discover

Interview

HR phone interview followed by 4 rounds of on-site interview. Hiring Manager, Principal Architect, Quality Manager and Senior Manager. More behavioral focused than technical. 30 to 45 minutes per round.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral questions Describe why you are a good fit for position Describe previous work experience Why work at Discover

Discover

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Discover in Jul 2022

Interview

I applied online and then was asked to complete an assessment. Once I completed that, I received a follow-up call from a Discover recruiter. We had a 20 minute phone interview where I learned more about the position and scheduled a zoom interview for later that week. The zoom interview was 1:1 and lasted about 35-40 minutes. I was offered a position at the end of that call. New hire paperwork is being completed like a background check and fingerprints. No drug screening so far.

Interview Questions
  • Explain why you would be a good fit for this role.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Discover (West Lafayette, OH) in Jul 2022

Interview

My first HR interview was on March 2020, After that HR told me that someone from the company will contact me and they will set 3 interviews, I really liked to join this company so After one week I followed up! The HR answered one month later that sorry we will contact you bla bla it took almost 4 month and finally in July they set 3 meetings in two days, No one attended these meetings! Never heard anything from HR, And just received an automatic email that I'm rejected! The most unprofessional way I have ever seen. I'm happy that I didn't waste more time on these unprofessional process which shows whats going inside their team.

Interview Questions
  • Normal HR Questions, And the 3 technical interviews, No one attended !!!

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discover (Phoenix, AZ) in Jul 2022

Interview

The process was relatively quick. I had a Teams screening with someone from HR. This was followed by a technical interview with two Director-level employees. Technical was straightforward. They asked about experiences with different technologies and asked about statistics knowledge. They were also interviewing other with Master's and Doctorate degrees, so they judge according to the degree you hold

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have with (insert technology: Python, R, SQL, etc.)? Asked questions relating to statistics, such as "What is a normal distribution?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discover (Chicago, IL) in Jul 2022

Interview

wasnt bad. very easy. the interviewer was very nice and talked nice and said he would schedule 2ndd round interview. he took 20 minutes discussing the job and at the end of his talk he said that will go for 2nd round of interview which will be tomorrow and he said it can last from 30 minutes to 1 hour

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 796 Interviews