Douglas & Gordon Senior Sales Negotiator Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1 of over 8 interviews

Interviews for Top Jobs at Douglas & Gordon

Talk anonymously with Consulting India professionals

Douglas & Gordon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas & Gordon (London, England, England) in Jul 2014

Interview

Initial communication was set through a recruiter, although the company had been on my radar for a while. It was a 3 tiered interview process. The first was a phone interview, followed by a personality test, a meeting with their HR recruiter, and then finally with the main decision maker. All interviews were held at their main corporate office in West London.

Interview Questions
  • The first interview with the HR director was very pleasant in terms of it being more of a "meet & greet" scenario. There weren't many probing questions other than my goals, thoughts for the future, and why in particular I was interested in D&G. The final interview was definitely a bit more thorough. I felt a lot of the questions were more pertinent to my personal life decisions I had made versus the actual work at hand: "Why would I choose to leave my home country to move to London?", "How can I afford to live in the postcode I do without having a job", etc. While not what I was used to, I do understand that they are trying to assess a candidates proper fit within their organisation. What I found to be most unexpected was the emphasis on the personality test. I think a lot of weight was put on those results. Certainly these types of evaluations lend insight into a employees motivations and work habits, but does not paint a full or accurate portrait of a candidates potential for success. This interview lasted about an hour. Suffice it to say I did not get the position. The general consensus was that I was probably not the best fit, which is fair enough. In truth I have to say that the position seemed to be very much what I was looking for and was disappointed not to get the job. What can I say - you win some and you lose some. I am still glad I went for it.
    1 Answer