Duedil Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 19 of over 19 interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Duedil

Application

Interview

Screening phone call with recruiter, bit about the teams and working patterns, then another call with an engineer coding online and on the phone, lastly then an on site interview. Usual tech algorithmic problems.

Interview Questions
  • How can you estimate pi?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duedil (London, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

The process was divided into three parts: first, I had a 30-minute phone interview with the Head of Talent, focusing broadly on my past experience, what the company does and the content of the role. Then, I was sent a take-home coding test, to be completed over three days. After that, I was invited in for the final stage, which was a series of face-to-face interviews over the course of half a day. These included an interview on data structures and algorithms, a coding interview in which we revisited the take-home test, a data engineering interview, and an HR and culture fit interview.

Interview Questions
  • Take-home test. Without giving too much away, this involved designing an API with a couple of endpoints, to take some data and process it. Although the exercise involved data analysis, that part of the code was provided, and the focus of the coding exercise itself was on my approach to the design of the API. I was then invited to consider the scalability of the solution (or scalable alternatives) when working with large datasets, in a series of more qualitative questions.

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duedil (London, England, England) in Jan 2020

Interview

Initially I was approached by DueDil's talent acquisition team, I had not previously heard of the company so I was introduced to the business and the role. Following a short discussion to understand my aspirations and experience, I was invited to come in to for face-to-face interviews with 1) Head of sales and a senior salesperson to explore what i understood about the company, products and value proposition. Also my experience, sales process and enterprise selling techniques, 2) Talent acquisition and sales enablement for a cultural fit and behavioural interview

Interview Questions
  • Describe an example of how you managed a large complex sale and brought a multi-stakeholder opportunity to a successful close
  • Would you be comfortable selling a cloud-based technology solution?
  • What type of culture are you looking for?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duedil (London, England, England) in Jul 2019

Interview

I first had a casual talk with their recruiter, followed by a technical video call with a senior engineer consisting of general questions and a pair programming exercise. The final step was a 3-hour face-to-face interview with different stakeholders.

Interview Questions
  • How would you implement a feature to report an article as inappropriate, explain on the whiteboard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duedil (London, England, England) in Oct 2018

Interview

I applied to the position online and was contacted by an HR one week after that. The first round was a 30-minute-long live coding session with the Engineering Manager. Two basic coding questions have been asked, I did well and was invited to the next round. Three days later, an offline coding test was sent to me, and I was asked to complete it in 3 days. The test was fairly long (3 sections), including a nonsense Linux shell question that no one would ever have to deal with in real life. They just made it up. I managed to complete the test and sent it back on time. I hadn't heard from them for one week, so I wrote an email asking for feedback. The Engineering Manager replied to my email for arranging an onsite interview, no feedback given. 10 days later, I attended the onsite interview in their office. The interview consisted of 3 rounds, 45-minute each round. A wide range of questions has been asked ranging from ML to Algorithms and Problem-Solving Skills. I did not do well because my knowledge isn't broad enough for the role and I also felt tired in the final live-coding round (I traveled 2 hours and a half to their office at 2 pm), even the two interviewers looked tired at 5 pm. 7 days later after the onsite interview, I haven't heard back from them yet. I have already secured two offers from other companies, so I wasn't waiting for their decision but it is still unpleasant when I have spent so much time for the interview process and they were too busy and didn't have time to respond to me.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do to ensure your ML model achieve 100% recall?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Duedil (London, England, England) in Mar 2018

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn, process took about a week then a phone interview was scheduled. Very nice interviewer and straight forward questions, unfortunately they needed someone immediately which i couldn't do.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Duedil

Application

I interviewed at Duedil

Interview

Put forward by recruiter. Very casual vibe, really nice offices. The interview was quite conversational, discussing previous experiences. A few weird questions like "what do you believe that everyone else thinks is BS?", but was an enjoyable experience. I didn't get the offer but it was early in my job hunt so I think that's just down to my lack of experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Duedil (London, England, England) in Aug 2017

Interview

I was approached by an agency recruiting for this position. The first stage was an initial screening and discussion about the career progress. Afterwards, I was asked to fill in a test of 20 questions regarding Linux, Bash Scripting and Python. Having provided the satisfactory answers I was given an assessment task to complete at home. Eventually, I was invited to DueDil's office for an interview lasting 3 hours when I spoke to 5 people, including the CTO.

Interview Questions
  • Difference between a hardlink and softlink in Linux file system?
  • One of the filesystem is full on a linux server. You deleted a huge file located on the filesystem but the filesystem is still full. Why and how would you fix?
  • What is a sticky bit in linux file system?
  • What are the default privileged ports on a linux or unix machine?
  • What is the difference between TCP and UDP?
  • TCP connection initiation (a.k.a handshake) sequence
  • How do you check the return status of your previous command in bash or shell?
  • How would you replace all occurances of the word 'apple' with word 'orange' in a text file?
  • How would you reverse a string in Python?
  • Write a simple web application in a language of your choice, that prints "Hello World" for all requests. The app needs to be fronted by a reverse proxy (apache or nginx) and an application server backedn (Tomcat/JBoss/bottle/Flask). Deploy the app in any Cloud/Virtual platform, freferably in AWS.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duedil (London, England, England)

Interview

Phone interview then invited to an assessment center, where we had to talk for 10 mins about a topic of our choice and a group task. They didn't even provide feedback at all about the process, overall though the process was very last minute. Company environment was quite collaborative and friendly - just not an organised interview process

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Duedil (London, England, England) in Jun 2017

Interview

I attended the assessment day for the sales development representative position. We were asked to prepare a presentation beforehand on any subject we wanted. Turned up to the office which were nice and there was a few other people there on the day. We had some speeches from various people within the company then we were asked to do our presentations. We were then divided into groups and asked to do a task together and present our ideas to the rest of the team. Lunch was provided and we awaited their decision to go on to the next stage of the interview. All in all the experience was a bit pointless, and for a sales role, I think we should have been tested on our competencies, telephone manner, objection handling etc. It just seems a bit of a waste of time to ask people to do so much preparation and to listen to other people's boring presentations.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Interviews