EY Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

7,614 Interview Reviews

2.8

Sort:

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

4 hours of GMAT questions. I was prepared for this but I thought it was a bit too much for an Internship that is very low paid. I dont know if anyone bothered to check my answers, but they let me know that I passed. After that the HR contacted me and asked to wait until some Partner is in town. Since I already had a job, I didnt bother her anymore, nor she ever got back at me. Very unprofessional.

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed first with a person from HR who specialized in my area of expertise. I was very impress with her deep knowledge of the technical aspect of the job and willingness for transparency. Next interview was with a team on site in Chicago. Again very personable with deep knowledge of the role

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a difficult client (consulting)   1 Answer

Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EY in September 2008.

Interview

Headhunter contact me to see if I was interested in working for Oil & Gas practice in Saudi Arabia. I agreed to consider the possibility. I was introduced to E&Y, and I had 4 or 5 phone interviews with mostly partners spread throughout a period of about 6 weeks. The process concluded with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe me in detail a difficult situation that you have recently faced in consulting; particularly one that you were unable to overcome or which resulted in imperfect results.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in Saudi Arabia?   Answer Question

Salary represented about 40% of my previous salary in the USA; home allowance was insufficient to live in a comparable compound house to the one I have in the USA. Number of holidays was very good, but the travel home allowance was not even enough to pay for a round trip coach class ticket to the USA per year. Job expectations prevented me from living in Bahrain, and expected me to work not only during the week, but also most weekends.

Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The process was relatively standard. A few common phone interviews were held, followed by 4 in person interviews at a regional headquarters. The questions were standard, canned consulting questions including situational, behavioral and case studies.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of the questions difficult. As the group I was applying for was growing rapidly, the interviewers were looking at more behavioral aspects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Salary was very competitive.

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

The interviews themselves were staged in an extremely professional, well-organized manner. The followup, however, was slipshod and basically rude. Overall I would say the experience was rather negative. I was left with the impression that their HR people had so many applicants they wouldn't bother with you for more than 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to lay out the strategy and plans I would follow to succeed in the job were I to be hired.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Submitted my application and heard back in a week. I did an initial phone call before being asked to office for an in-person interview. The woman on the phone was in HR and while she knew the manager's preference was not overly familiar with job specifics. The phone call was pretty standard and nothing surprising was asked. Pretty much they were just checking that you were alive and could speak coherently about your experience.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer wanted to know experiences that set me apart from other applicants.   Answer Question

Penetration Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2009.

Interview

There was one phone interview and followed by a series of on-site interview.
    Technical interviews were straightforward. However, management interview contained tricky personal questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do in five years from now?   2 Answers

Performance Improvement Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Received a call through E&Y's corporate recruiter and talked over the phone for 10 minutes. Then I was scheduled on call with a senior manager. One week later based on the positive feedback I was invited to 5 Times Square to meet with 2 other managers and the practice leader (partner level). The interview were pretty easy since no tough technical questions were involved.

Interview Questions

• What are your major responsibilities on your current job?   Answer Question
    • Analyze the profitability of a commercial insurance company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much space for negotiation for this level.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Secaucus, NJ (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a phone interview with HR. Phone interview is mostly about your resume and work experiences. Invited for a 1:1 interview with a Director and Assistant Director. Interview itself is not that bad, so long as you really know what you wrote in your resume. Friendly atmosphere and I did not feel intimidated

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't get the chance to negotiate

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY in July 2008.

Interview

Invited for the opening through a recruiter, and was scheduled for an interview two days after I had submitted my resume. The interview took about an hour with one of the HR personnel. Lots of generic questions, such as leadership role that I have taken in the past or describe a a situation where I have to meet a deadline for a task. Overall, not a bad interview, just make sure you are providing them with an insight about yourself.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you took a leadership role voluntarily   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.