EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 22 May 2017

2.8

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview
    First round interview on campus, very easy, walk me trough your resume + a few behavioral questions. There was also an online writing assessment.
    Second round was a megaday at their NYC office. Two half hour interviews that were behavioral with a few technical questions. Nothing too hard. Third interview was a case study - basically reading a 2 page story with no data and resolving the case pretending you are a EY consultant and the interviewer is the client.

Interview Questions

• How many Mexicans live in NYC   1 Answer

Salesforce Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

I am really unsatisfied with the interview process and had a very negative experience. They took around 5 rounds and everything went very well and seems positive. I was old by the last interviewer that he is very positive and enjoyed speaking to me.
    The HR and coordinator were pretty bad and never respected my time before scheduling the interview. I was told that they even don't know the process.
    I was told by the last interviewer that they are trying to schedule a call with the partner but it's been 2 months that I haven't heard from them.
    I feel like a stupid and wasted so much time with the process.Will never apply for this company ever.

Interview Questions

• Technical and Scenario-based questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Reviewed resume, and offered me the job, after interning twice. Interviewed with two people. One was a manager and one was a partner. They were very informal. It was laid back and chill.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

After I submitting my resume for summer internship, I had a brief phone interview with the person in charge of internship recruitment and then I was scheduled an on site interview which simply asked me to describe myself.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Skype interview, The interviewer started talking about the company and the role. It was so comfortable and easy going. obvious questions were asked. Nice experience.
    Then a manager of the industry explained to me specific details of the role.

Interview Questions

• What kind of leader are you?   1 Answer

Financial Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I got referred by a friend. Shortly after I received an e-mail to schedule a phone interview. The interview was pretty casual, mainly going over the organization and explaining the role.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job   1 Answer

Campus Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a coordinator to set up a 30 minute call with the recruiter after applying online. Never in my life have I felt so belittled, and felt the recruiter ruined the interview experience for me. I was promoted at my current company so I reflected that on my resume, in which she said "I'm trying to understand what's the difference between your role before and now. Tell me about it." Okay..? Clearly my responsibilities have changed, but I felt like she was trying to look down on my role or something. Then the following questions consisted of more "clarification". It was pretty obvious she was trying to nit-pick at my resume, even though everything was spelled out and pretty clear - not once did she ask about my achievements or skills and experiences. Building a positive candidate experience is equally important as interviewing and I would NEVER interview candidates with the style she did. That turned me off so badly that I'm going to steer away from E&Y - unless I get another recruiter. It's a shame for E&Y really.

Interview Questions

• Going down my resume and asking to "clarify" items.   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

On-campus interview followed by 3 back to back interviews on Super Day - 2 were behavioral interviews and one was a case interview. Overall pretty easy, but you definitely have to prepare for the case interview. At bare minimum, you should know the different types of structures (SWOT, etc.)

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I got an interview on campus. The interview lasted 1 hour... two 30 minute interview with 1-1 person.
    It was a pleasant experience but just a little awkward because when you switch rooms you meet the other candidate that you literally are competing with. I guess for all interviews your competing with someone but the format of the interview made it kind of weird. It was a standard interview not technically based

People Advisory Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I went to their superday. Everyone was friendly. Interview questions are more like chats. Went over my resume, ask why PAS, why NYC, which one was my fav class, my study abroad experience. All my interviewers are women.