EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8

654 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The process took 5 interviews from phone to face to face. It took a little over 2 months from first interview to offer. Each interview was very comfortable and familiar. The interview path was from the location manager, to the Director of the group. Each interview took an average of 45 mins. This was a new group that EY had developed and needed staff to promote its services to eligible staff.

Interview Questions

• The main questions for the job I interviewed for surrounded entrepreneurial traits. How comfortable was I in obtaining new business? Was I comfortable in selling new services?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Had phone screens with recruiter and then a consultant. Neither seemed to know much about data science. Went in person and met with 4 people of various levels, fairly softball standard interview stuff. No technical screening other than a few ML 101 type questions. Then had another phone interview with a partner. Was told they wanted to make me an offer, ended up not making me one because they were not able to match my current salary.

Overall, I don't think they know much about Data Science or Machine Learning, nor do they know what people who have those skills are making.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral stuff (tell me about a time you had a conflict with your boss, etc.)   Answer Question
    • What are you working on right now?   Answer Question

Campus Recruiting Coordinator (FSO) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for a different role online and a recruiter reached out to me within hours to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter later introduced me to a role that better fit my profile, which was Campus Recruiting Coordinator (FSO). I was later offered an onsite and knew it wasn't going to go well as soon as I met the first interviewer.

1) My first interviewer was 15 minutes late and by the time she arrived, there was no room booked, signaling lack of organization. We therefore had to circle around the floor to find a room. 2) My interviewer seemed frustrated given the lack of organization and it showed in her manner of asking questions. 3) My interview time was decreased because of reason #1. Overall, awful candidate experience and the questions asked were very vague.

Interview Questions

• How would you plan an event?   1 Answer

Women In Tech Consulting Conference Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was a standard behavioral interview over the phone, but I really liked my interviewer. She was patient and nice and it flowed much more like a conversation than an interview. It was one round and I got the acceptance a few weeks after.

Interview Questions

• What languages are you proficient in?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Consisted of two off-site interviews followed by one on-site behavioral and one case study interview a couple of weeks later. Every interviewer was friendly, encouraging, and helpful. I was taken care of very well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you took initiative in a group setting.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

4 interview:
    - téléphonique: avec RH; très informel (CV, projets, ambitions, pourquoi EY)
    -Case study
    -Behavioral interview: questions très générales, revue du relevé de notes
    -Entrevue informelle avec le partner : nous sommes allé prendre un café

Business Model Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interview - HR, Phone Interview followed by an onsite interview consisting of 5 rounds with various members of the team. Mostly behavioral with very few technical questions. Very resume focused.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was referred to EY and had a 30 minute phone call and then invited to NYC for a super day. I met with three different managers and we mostly discussed my previous experience. It more behavioral questions than technical although you need to speak to all comments on your resume.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain interest rate swaps   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Everyone was incredibly friendly and nice. The interview process went very smoothly and they were very helpful with any and all questions you had. It is definitely good to do your research on the company and come with plenty of questions.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were to gauge how well you would be at succeeding at the position.   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Very professional recruiting staff. Callbacks are generally within one week, and offers generally extended within one week after callbacks. Generally you have a few weeks to respond. Interview questions are mainly about you as a person, and not substantive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a substantive tax issue   1 Answer