EY Staff Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

EY Staff Accountant Interview Questions

Interviews at EY

2.8

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

30 minutes on-campus one on one interview. The HR generally go through your resume and personal questions. They also talk with you about your interests and future career plans. Overall it is more like a coffee chat than a serious question and answers interview.

Interview Questions

• behavior questions like how did you deal with the conflicts in your previous internships.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The initial video interview is not fun. You just talk to yourself. Definitely not the benefit you would get being in person. The second round is better because you get to meet with two different professionals. I interviewed on campus which was convenient.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

the process was pretty short; they look at your GPA for college to make sure you have above a 3.5, ask about your classes and which ones you liked and didn't like, and make sure that you can hold a conversation

Interview Questions

• Is EY somewhere you want to be long-term   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

It was an easy interview and the company is eager to hire people with common sense. The turnover is high. It was an easy interview and the company is eager to hire people with common sense. The turnover is high.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY in September 2017.

Interview

Behavioral interview. However, I think they have answers that they are looking for. As with any interview, they are looking for bright, enthusiastic, energetic person. Just be prepared with questions that are obvious.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy. All the questions the interviewer asked were general. I believe the focus was more on behavior. No technical questions were asked. Nothing about accounting. Be prepared to talk about previous experience and leadership experience. I think they also asked me about expectations, goals (both short-term and long-term).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The first round interview was at the University. If you pass the first round, you are invited to Chicago for the second round of interviews. EY puts interviewees up in a nice hotel, and a casual dinner is held the night before the second round interviews. 3 separate people employees perform a non technical interview, and EY treats interviewees to a small group lunch after the process is complete. Offers are given within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 3 Strengths and 3 Weaknesses   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Reach out to recruiter in your area, apply through online portal, 2 week period to hear if you get interview, interview process straightforward -- meet with Senior, Manager, and several other people. Make it to next round, meet Partners and other prospects. Get offer within a week.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Completely personal, no technical question. The interviewer was very down to earth and easy to talk to. The questions weren't difficult and pretty standard that you will see on the big four.

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths weaknesses etc. What have you done to address weaknesses.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked questions about standard accounting applications that you learn in school, be ready to answer these questions and explain your answer. You need to know a lot about the accounting industry and be ready to learn because they teach you a lot of stuff that you should be able to pick up on the fly.

Interview Questions

• How do you treat for depreciation of fixed assets for a technology company.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.