Edelman Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Edelman Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Edelman

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Edelman (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was a little lengthy with many conversations via phone and in-person requiring 2 separate trips to the building for the interviews but overall the people were terrific and the interview was respectful, comfortable, and engaging.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Never take the first offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Edelman

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

First I applied online and eventually had a phone interview with an HR rep. Later that week I got an e-mail back from the rep saying another, more appropriate position opened up and they'd love to have me for an interview.

After scheduling a good time to come by, I visited the D.C. office for an in-person interview, which consisted of two different interviews with two staffers each (first two account supervisors, then two vice presidents). I also had a 30-minute grammar and vocab test.

Upon completion of the day's schedule, I left on good terms with the HR rep and was told she'd be in contact with me.

I received another offer earlier this week and messaged the Edelman contact to see where I stood. She said they were leaning toward another candidate and wished me the best of luck.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the Senior Recruitment Manager to come in for the initial interview. A few days later, I came in to interview with two people (Senior Account Executive and Account Supervisor, respectively), albeit separately. The entire process took about 1.5 to 1.75 hours. They were basically the 'tell me about yourself' and 'how do your experiences tie in with what we do here' type. Then there was a week and a half before I heard anything. The recruiter contacted me to tell me that things were moving positively and that when she gets back into town, she'll proceed with me. The next interview was with the EVP of the account that I'd be working on. She asked tough questions, but it was like talking with my mother. She was very nurturing and understanding, and she'll be a great teacher and mentor. Later on that day, I had a 30 min phone interview with another team member who I think held a VP position. Her questions were tough as well, but it was nothing I couldn't handle. She asked about scenarios and how I'd approach certain situations with regards to the position I'd be taking. A few days after that, I had my fifth and final interview with another VP, one with whom I'd have direct and constant contact. It was quick, pretty painless and enjoyable. By this time round, I'd really built up the confidence and knew what to expect, so it was much less stressful for me. She asked me questions about how I would pitch a certain pub to get my client press, among other questions along the same lines. Overall, it was actually enjoyable.

At some point during this long process, I had a 2 hour writing and editing exam in which I had to correct sentences and paragraphs on usage, spelling, grammar, content and clarity. There were only a couple that I went back and forth with the answers, but it was fine and I passed with flying colors. The other part of the exam was to write a press release using the info given. It went pretty well, too. It's all done on a computer, except for the editing test which is done with pen and paper.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied heard from HR in about a week. Did a phone interview. Then did a grammar test. Did not hear back after that

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview was rather difficult... I did not expect it to be so challenging.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite book?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2007.

Interview

From the initial communication with the HR person to the offer, the process took about 9 weeks. For some reason after the initial email exchange, the communication dropped off and finally was restarted with my efforts (incl. reaching out to the HR person's boss) after some 6 weeks. From the moment we restarted our exchange to the offer, the process took less than 3 weeks and consisted of: 1) phone interview with HR, 2) in-person interviews with the entire team, inluding AEs, ASs and the local practice head and 3) writing/grammar test. The interview process itself, if detailed, was very straightforward.

In no particular order: 1) The writing test part of the interviewing process was a little off-putting for an AE level position, since I had extensive prior writing experience and samples and have by then ran small client teams. 2) I didn't feel any personal involvement / commitment of any of my interviewees to convince me to join their team. The only person constantly in touch with me was the HR person, while at other agencies it's often the VP herself and I lacked that personal connection/feeling special and wanted. 3) It was hard to receive detailed information on which accounts/teams I'd be joining, a crucial factor for me. When I asked to speak with the group head again to get more details, I finally got an answer from the HR person long after the initial offer and close to the deadline for accepting another offer at a competing company. 4) I heard some bad rumors about the work environment at Edelman for junior employees and none of the interviews made me believe that it'd be more pleasant than I had thought. 5) They were unwilling to match my other offer, which was only 2k more!

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Edelman in October 2008.

Interview

I went to the company for an informational interview, and spoke in detail with the HR representative about my skills and professional goals, as well as the benefits of working for Edelman and the company's culture. After our conversation, she had me meet with a Senior Account Supervisor who had an open position on his account team. Roughly a day later, I received an invitation to come for a formal interview with the same SAS, as well as an Account Supervisor on the same team--I was also asked to fill out a formal application on line. Before our meetings, I had an hour-long writing test, which consisted of basic grammar and editing questions and a mock press-release write up. The actual interviews were quite casual--we talked about my skills, talents, weakness and goals; my interest in the position and what the job actually entailed. The whole event was over in roughly 2.5 hours. Within a few days, I was offered the position, at which point I was asked to fill out a package of paperwork, including a background-check consent form.

Interview Questions

• I was asked, conversationally, about knowledge of political news and current events.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I was actually offered a higher position than I had interviewed for in an effort by the company to better match my salary requirements. The company seems to have general pay bands, and while there is some leeway there, they will only pay so much for certain position titles.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Incredibly Simple -- Met with with team + account leads and discussed role and responsibilities. Had the opportunity to ask multiple members of the team about their experience on the team and the day to day responsibilities associated with the role.

Interview Questions

• What is a business problem you've faced in the past and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

It was a fairly quick and easy process. After a quick HR phone screening, I was invited in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of three 30 minute interviews with various members of the team.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I worked with a recruiter. I bypassed speaking with an HR rep and went right into an in-person interview with 3 separate employees. I met with all three in a two hour period and it went great. Two days later, I was asked to complete a writing test (all through my recruiter). That went great as well and I was asked to come back in to speak with the VP of the team I'd be joining and the AS who I assumed would be my manager.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.