Edelman Assistant Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Edelman Assistant Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Edelman

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (San Mateo, CA (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

Bonus point for work culture - definitely work hard play hard mentality.

Candidates - come prepared with a portfolio or something to showcase your work and and accomplishments!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to manage multiple projects simultaneously.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Long process but very pleasant

Other Interview Reviews for Edelman

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Edelman (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Initially reached out to HR via the Edelman website after an employee referred me to the position. After the initial call with HR and sending resume/portfolio, I was asked to come in and do three 1:1 interviews with the team that was hiring. Then, I was told they would follow up the next week, but called me within the hour to set up 3 additional 1:1 interviews for the next day. After those, I completed a two-hour writing exam. The third day I completed a phone interview and then two days later was offered the position. Best day of my life!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background in PR.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate because the offer was excellent and I was so excited to start!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

Just asked basic questions

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

I initially contacted a VP of recruitment to express my interest in Edelman. I came across her name in an article that discussed what it's like to work at Edelman and felt we were on the same wavelength. After I wrote her a kind note, I received a timely and kind response where she explained that she focuses on higher-level recruiting but would pass my name on. We'll see, I thought.

Within a week, two ladies from HR contacted me and it all started from there.

I initially interviewed for a position with the lady from HR and didn't hear from her for a week or two, but this was over Christmas break so delays happen. She calls me out of the blue two weeks later and said, "Hey! We've got this position and I think you'd be a great fit for it. When's a good time for you to speak with the team?"

From that point on: I had a phone interview with two AE's, an in person interview with 3 AE's and a VP, a writing and grammar test the next morning and an offer in my lap within 24 hours! I was told this was very unusual in terms of how quickly they moved, but I had unique circumstances (moved to the city 24 hours ago and was being heavily pursued by another agency).

Overall, everyone I came in touch with at Edelman was respectful, helpful, and really trying to see if it was the right fit for both parties.

My advice to candidates:
    -Be prepared with past work stories that emphasize delivering results and being part of a team.
    -Show enthusiasm for the position and the industry.
    -Have quality writing samples.
    -Ask questions to figure out if it's the right fit for you. If it's not, you'll find out. And if it is a good fit, the team will see that you're interested in more than a paycheck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

I was called in for an interview with the head of HR that lasted about 45 minutes. I took a grammar/writing test and was told that if I move on to the next round I would be called within the week. I was called about 3 weeks later and told I did perfectly on the grammar test. We discussed salary, start date and other detailed aspects of the position. The HR person told me I was perfect for the position and would definitely be called.I had to call them over and over again until they told me they hired some summer intern who expressed interest in the job.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

had to meet with 3 people at once. they were very friendly and explained the position, accounts, etc.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

Had a 20 minute phone interview with Human Resources to determine my general knowledge and fit within the company. Was brought in months later once there was an opening and had a 2 hour interview where I met 1:1 with 5 different people. Some were welcoming and others more abrasive. I interviewed with 2 different teams/accounts.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman in March 2009.

Interview

The process went smoothly. I received an email inviting me in for a 1:1 interview which struck me as odd (though I figure they happened to have an opening in their schedule to make it work). The interview lasted about thirty minutes and focused primarily on my previous work history along with generic "tell me about a time when..." style questions.

Interview Questions

• During a moment of down time you get recruited into another department that is busy to help out with the workload. Not being familiar with their projects or processes or even sure what your role is to be exactly, what do you to to fit in and contribute?   1 Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman in March 2009.

Interview

I personally was very excited to interview with Edelman because I was a fan of their work. However this was one of the coldest/most competative offices I have ever been in. The HR people I spoke with were great, but the actual team was very cold. Here is my interview experience:

I received an email from HR asking if I was available to interview within the next couple days. I set up and interview for about 1pm I believe. I came in, met the HR person who took me to a confernce room were I met two of the people from the team I was interviewing with. The questions that they asked were pretty general about my experiences, etc... and the actual interview questions were not difficult. I was then led to a small room by myself where i was asked to write a press release based on some information that they had given me and was given a basic skills test (spelling, grammar, AP style). I believe the interview was about 45 mins long and the writing/test portion took me about an hour and a half. I didnt really feel very prepared for this test portion, maybe that was my fault however.

Interview Questions

• Which of my previous experiences best qualified me for the position and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I was referred to Edelman by a former colleague who worked there before. I was reached out by recruitment and had a phone screening. I was then invited in to meet 3 members of the department and everyone was super friendly and the interview wasn't super formal. At the end, the recruiter said she wouldn't leave me hanging and would notify me by end of the week the next steps. (This was before the holidays so I wasn't expecting a decision made by them yet anyway) I emailed her after the interview the next day to thank her for having me in. By end of the week, I hear nothing but the holidays were next week so I would probably hear back the next week, right? I follow up the Friday after the holidays and got a bounceback "out of office". No problem. A week goes by and I follow up again kindly asking if I'm still in consideration since I am actively interviewing and would like to know. I knew there were looking to hire in January because they told me. I still have not heard back and I know this is a large company who interviews many candidates but leaving someone hanging is very unprofessional. A simple email saying I'm no longer in for consideration would be fine- especially when that is your job to follow up with candidates. I had high expectations from this company and was really impressed by the team but I am disappointed that I wasn't even given a simple email after 3 follow-ups.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.