Edelman Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Edelman Interview Questions

Interviews at Edelman

2.9

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

had to meet with 3 people at once. they were very friendly and explained the position, accounts, etc.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

Had a 20 minute phone interview with Human Resources to determine my general knowledge and fit within the company. Was brought in months later once there was an opening and had a 2 hour interview where I met 1:1 with 5 different people. Some were welcoming and others more abrasive. I interviewed with 2 different teams/accounts.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman in March 2009.

Interview

The process went smoothly. I received an email inviting me in for a 1:1 interview which struck me as odd (though I figure they happened to have an opening in their schedule to make it work). The interview lasted about thirty minutes and focused primarily on my previous work history along with generic "tell me about a time when..." style questions.

Interview Questions

• During a moment of down time you get recruited into another department that is busy to help out with the workload. Not being familiar with their projects or processes or even sure what your role is to be exactly, what do you to to fit in and contribute?   1 Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman in March 2009.

Interview

I personally was very excited to interview with Edelman because I was a fan of their work. However this was one of the coldest/most competative offices I have ever been in. The HR people I spoke with were great, but the actual team was very cold. Here is my interview experience:

I received an email from HR asking if I was available to interview within the next couple days. I set up and interview for about 1pm I believe. I came in, met the HR person who took me to a confernce room were I met two of the people from the team I was interviewing with. The questions that they asked were pretty general about my experiences, etc... and the actual interview questions were not difficult. I was then led to a small room by myself where i was asked to write a press release based on some information that they had given me and was given a basic skills test (spelling, grammar, AP style). I believe the interview was about 45 mins long and the writing/test portion took me about an hour and a half. I didnt really feel very prepared for this test portion, maybe that was my fault however.

Interview Questions

• Which of my previous experiences best qualified me for the position and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I was referred to Edelman by a former colleague who worked there before. I was reached out by recruitment and had a phone screening. I was then invited in to meet 3 members of the department and everyone was super friendly and the interview wasn't super formal. At the end, the recruiter said she wouldn't leave me hanging and would notify me by end of the week the next steps. (This was before the holidays so I wasn't expecting a decision made by them yet anyway) I emailed her after the interview the next day to thank her for having me in. By end of the week, I hear nothing but the holidays were next week so I would probably hear back the next week, right? I follow up the Friday after the holidays and got a bounceback "out of office". No problem. A week goes by and I follow up again kindly asking if I'm still in consideration since I am actively interviewing and would like to know. I knew there were looking to hire in January because they told me. I still have not heard back and I know this is a large company who interviews many candidates but leaving someone hanging is very unprofessional. A simple email saying I'm no longer in for consideration would be fine- especially when that is your job to follow up with candidates. I had high expectations from this company and was really impressed by the team but I am disappointed that I wasn't even given a simple email after 3 follow-ups.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

A brief phone screener followed by an hour and a half of in-person interviews with team members. The interview was more of a conversation than a strict question and answer session. The team was extremely communicative throughout the process.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied online. A day or two later I got an email to interview with HR. I then had a 2nd round interview with 2 VPs. The last interview was a timed 1-hour writing assessment. The whole process took about 3 and a half weeks. I was nervous because I didn't hear back after the writing assessment for over a week, but was thrilled nonetheless when I get offered the job. The HR lady was very professional and cordial throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Describe your PR experience.   1 Answer
    • Writing assessment was along the lines of "find a current PR campaign and explain why it was successful or unsuccessful. "   1 Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Great process, very straight to the point. HR was delayed with response, but to the point when I followed up. Things were great and easy to follow. There was a phone interview first then an in-person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I reached out to HR for the position, they responded in a very timely manner and we set up a 30 minute phone call. After that call I was told a day later that they wanted to see me the following week in person. The in-person interview included 30min conversations with three team members and then 1 hiring manager. All conversations went well and were fairly relaxed in nature. After that interview I received an email promptly asking to set up time for writing test. The writing test was fairly relevant to the job and took 2 hours. NEXT... I waited and waited to hear back from HR with any kind of feedback. I emailed them eventually just checking in and kept receiving emails saying I would hear soon and they were just completing other interviews. I sent a final email about two weeks later saying I was still interested, but would have to move forward elsewhere if I heard nothing- and that I generally would just appreciate some feedback since I did devote quite a bit of time to the process. Over one month later and I get a very vague email from the HR recruiter saying they went with a different candidate for their skills better matched position. Overall that lack of clear communication during the final stages and following the process made this- unfortunately- a really unappealing and overall negative experience. I understand HR is very busy- but to not get back to a candidate who has taken a 2 hour writing test and spent hours interviewing even just to say hey, we are moving forward with other options but here was the feedback from the team- was pretty negative. I found that at other agencies the promptness and clarity in responsiveness from HR coordinators / the teams I interviewed with were much, much higher than with Edelman.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I received an email asking me to apply for this position based on another job that I applied for at Edelman. I sent my resume and cover letter via email to the HR coordinator who asked me to apply. I had a phone interview with this person and then four consecutive Skype interviews with different team members. I sent follow-up emails to all of the people I interviewed with, they said they would get back to me within the next two weeks. After the two weeks I followed up again via email, no response.