Edelman Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Edelman Interview Questions

Interviews at Edelman

2.9

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Sent resume to colleague, got a call from recruiter for a screening phone call. Came for an in-person interview with three team members. Took the writing test. Was called back for an interview with team senior vice president, but scheduling conflicts led to a phone interview. Was offered the job by phone.

Interview Questions

• Interview style was conversational and questions about my prior experience and goals were expected.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

My resume was passed along through a networking connection. I was contacted about three weeks later by a Recruitment Assistant. We set up a brief introductory call where we mostly just talked through my resume, and what my interests were. I heard from her within the week through email that they'd like to set up a skype interview (I was not in close enough location to interview on-site).

My first interview took about 30 minutes and was basic background information into my work history and interests. At the conclusion of my first interview they said they would contact me for a second interview. I had my second interview one week later, and three employee's rotated in and out of the office. Basic interview questions around my work history and interests in the industry. Some questions referenced the writing test prompt. I was also asked to submit a few writing samples as a follow up to the interview.

The day after the interview, the recruiter followed up asking for references, and I had an offer within two days. I will advise that on my first day I met the recruitment assistant and she said she had never seen someone move through the process that fast.

In all I had a wonderful experience, a very friendly recruiter who made it seem like she genuinely wanted me as part of the Edelman team, and smooth relaxing interviews.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a boss you didn't get along with and how you overcame that indifference"   Answer Question

Negotiation

As this was my first job I chose not to negotiate, which proved to be a good choice as I later learned that another applicant at my level had tried to negotiate and then been turned away.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

The interview process was relatively simple for me as I joined the company following an internship. Additionally, the position was specifically created to support one account and the client's needs.

Interview Questions

• What did I want to work on in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was short as they issued a strong offer on the first round.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (San Mateo, CA (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

Bonus point for work culture - definitely work hard play hard mentality.

Candidates - come prepared with a portfolio or something to showcase your work and and accomplishments!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to manage multiple projects simultaneously.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Long process but very pleasant

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

1:1 interview with approx. 5 different people, skills test, and offer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Edelman (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Initially reached out to HR via the Edelman website after an employee referred me to the position. After the initial call with HR and sending resume/portfolio, I was asked to come in and do three 1:1 interviews with the team that was hiring. Then, I was told they would follow up the next week, but called me within the hour to set up 3 additional 1:1 interviews for the next day. After those, I completed a two-hour writing exam. The third day I completed a phone interview and then two days later was offered the position. Best day of my life!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background in PR.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate because the offer was excellent and I was so excited to start!

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

I initially contacted a VP of recruitment to express my interest in Edelman. I came across her name in an article that discussed what it's like to work at Edelman and felt we were on the same wavelength. After I wrote her a kind note, I received a timely and kind response where she explained that she focuses on higher-level recruiting but would pass my name on. We'll see, I thought.

Within a week, two ladies from HR contacted me and it all started from there.

I initially interviewed for a position with the lady from HR and didn't hear from her for a week or two, but this was over Christmas break so delays happen. She calls me out of the blue two weeks later and said, "Hey! We've got this position and I think you'd be a great fit for it. When's a good time for you to speak with the team?"

From that point on: I had a phone interview with two AE's, an in person interview with 3 AE's and a VP, a writing and grammar test the next morning and an offer in my lap within 24 hours! I was told this was very unusual in terms of how quickly they moved, but I had unique circumstances (moved to the city 24 hours ago and was being heavily pursued by another agency).

Overall, everyone I came in touch with at Edelman was respectful, helpful, and really trying to see if it was the right fit for both parties.

My advice to candidates:
    -Be prepared with past work stories that emphasize delivering results and being part of a team.
    -Show enthusiasm for the position and the industry.
    -Have quality writing samples.
    -Ask questions to figure out if it's the right fit for you. If it's not, you'll find out. And if it is a good fit, the team will see that you're interested in more than a paycheck.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

Just asked basic questions

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

I was called in for an interview with the head of HR that lasted about 45 minutes. I took a grammar/writing test and was told that if I move on to the next round I would be called within the week. I was called about 3 weeks later and told I did perfectly on the grammar test. We discussed salary, start date and other detailed aspects of the position. The HR person told me I was perfect for the position and would definitely be called.I had to call them over and over again until they told me they hired some summer intern who expressed interest in the job.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

had to meet with 3 people at once. they were very friendly and explained the position, accounts, etc.