Edelman Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Edelman Interview Questions

Interviews at Edelman

2.9

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interviewing process. Had a phone screen with the recruiting manager followed by two in-person interviews with multiple Edelman employees. The recruiting manager was very professional and responsive.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I sent in my application through the website and got an email from HR within the week to set up an interview. Had my interview the next week at the office, the interviewer was very nice, friendly, and welcoming. We talked for about 45 minutes to an hour, it was more conversational then I expected but it made the interview a lot less intimidating. Got the interviewers business card and followed up with them afterwards. It's been almost a month since my interview and I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What social media outlets do you follow to stay up to date with current (PR) trends?
      Do you have any experience with paid media?
      Tell me about your previous experiences and what you've learned.
      Why do you want to work in PR?
      Why do you want to work at Edelman?   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through university, received an email asking for phone interview, had two different interviews with 3 people, it took them a few months to make a final decision. Overall it took at least 5 months.

Interview Questions

• tell us about yourself, where do you see yourself in the future, why Edelman   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website, and an HR representative emailed me to schedule a phone interview. We talked on the phone for about 10-15 minutes, and it didn't feel like an interview at all. She basically asked why I wanted to work at Edelman, and how serious I was about the internship. After that call, she emailed me again within a day to schedule a Skype interview. I had two back-to-back interviews with two supervisors in two different departments (one internship was in health and the other was crisis management). Each one lasted about 20 minutes, which I thought was a bit odd since it didn't feel like they got to know me very well. I guess they were satisfied with my work experience. Afterwards, they asked me to submit some writing samples, and I wrote a 700 word essay on what PR means to me and how I can benefit Edelman. After that, I was offered the health internship. I had to decline because Atlanta was too expensive to move and live there to do a six month internship. I was really bummed I had to turn it down, but I'm still hoping to find work with Edelman!

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Phone screening confirming resume. They wanted to knwo more about my experience and what I have taken from it. Easy phone interview describing the position and how the process would go.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The individual who reached out to me was very friendly, and we talked about the position and the company at length first and then I came to the New York office for an interview. I able to meet with people from the department I applied for along with others from departments I was curious about. I talked to some amazing people and we ended up having a very natural conversation, nothing forced.

It's a cliche, but ultimately, as long as you just be yourself and talk about what you're interested in, you shouldn't find any difficulty with the interview.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Edelman in April 2016.

Interview

Very great process. Had two interviews, one over the phone and one Skype. First interview was basic questions about resume and second interview was more in-depth about Edelman as well as personal experiences.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment?
      Why do you want to work for Edelman?
      What's a difficult situation you've been in and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy! Had a phone interview with recruiter who led me to an in person hour long interview. The first half hour was with two people then the other half was with another two different people. They moved fast.

Interview Questions

• What kind of negative situation were you in with your boss now or some experience in school where you had to confront someone and how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman (Sacramento, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Was emailed within two weeks by the Sacramento office to set up a phone interview. Phone interview asked the normal questions that you can read other posts for. I had difficulty understanding the interviewer - he had a heavy accent and kinda did this "Mhm" thing every five seconds so it was distracting to me answering.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

The turnaround for hearing from Edelman was actually pretty quick for me. Within a day of submitting my application and sending an email with my resume I was on the phone with an HR interviewer, who was very friendly. The questions were standard, no out-of-the-blue or hardball stuff. I was then passed on to interview over the phone (I wasn't in the city at the time) with a couple of account people that I would be working with and was placed on a specific team, which are divided according to topic (health, corporate, energy, etc.). It all happened within a few days, and they wanted me to start right away, which was a bit stressful. But overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage your time when you have competing deadlines for different projects?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate for the intern position