Edelman Senior Account Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Edelman Senior Account Supervisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Edelman

3.1

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee but ultimately contact by the recruiter through LinkedIn. Three phone interviews and two in-person interviews, all with VP level employees or above. The process was quick, painless and very straightforward - I never felt like games were being played or that my time was not being valued. Although the comments regarding work/life balance and culture at first seemed like a sales pitch, they've ultimately turned out to be true.

Interview Questions

• What is the secret to effectively managing client relationships   Answer Question

Negotiation

When I received my initial offer it was for a nominal salary increase and a lateral title change - a definite deal breaker. Once I explained this, Edelman bumped up the salary and title, but it was not until I used a counter-offer from my current employer that I was able to get the dollar amount I was looking for. In fairness I had not been firm about my salary expectations, but I did feel like some games were being played during this process.

Other Interview Reviews for Edelman

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Edelman (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

quickly organized, 30minutes with each interviewer, moved fairly quickly and included senior people as well as the team members the position would manage. Everyone was more or less on time and polite.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of the industry, knowledge of key skills. overall not a tough, over-the-top interview process. There was also a writing sample portion they gave you a day or two to write, as well as a casestudy/ campaign you were supposed to create.   Answer Question

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online and had my resume forwarded to the recruiter in California through 2 professional recommendations in my network at Edelman. The overall process took about 6 weeks and was one of the worst interview experiences.

1. The hiring manager was difficult and unprofessional. After jumping through the skills and tests hoops, she refused to give proper and actual feedback to the recruiter who was continually missing connections with her due to her poor work ethic and "workload".

2. All emails and followups were pretty much ignored by the hiring manager, especially 4 weeks into the process, despite numerous requests from the recruiter

3. A good candidate does not stand a chance at this company, especially if they have double the experience of the hiring manager, if they are an extremely qualified minority OR if they live in a market whose Edelman office is pretty much devoid of any color above AE or administrative assistant status.

4. Feedback was an ordeal. NONE was given! The only feedback was the ongoing conversation regarding "finding the best fit".

Interview Questions

• None, the interview was pretty standard. Hiring manager seemed more interested in how I had developed my professional relationships within Edelman then me.   Answer Question

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Edelman (Portland, OR (US)).

Interview

Getting an interview at Edelman is difficult. The agency is very picky about who they hire and the interview process can be lengthy. I highly recommend attending networking events or using connections to get in contact with a current employee. It is challenging to get an interview without a referral or inside source.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to give many specific examples of work at previous jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't get the base salary that I wanted, but I was able to negotiate a hiring bonus to help balance out the overall compensation. Promotions are hard to come by, so push for a higher job title when you start. It could take years working at the agency to move up to a higher level.

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Edelman in November 2012.

Interview

Process extended over 3/4 months and sometimes was unclear. However, I was always asked exactly I liked best of PR/Communications. My answer was a key determinant of the position I was offered.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about what you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Open for some negotiation considering industry and market.

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Contacted via LinkedIn. Passed on a few interview requests. After a few months agreed to interview with Corporate Team. They were slow to keep the process moving and the HR coordinator mixed up some meetings. After being told that the job was essentially mine pending a final step, they they promoted someone internally.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard. They seemed to be most interested in my corporate background and management history.   Answer Question

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

I was hired on as an associate after an informal lunch and then tried out for a couple of months before being offered a full-time position. This is not the typical process, and definitely the exception to the rule. However, I was referred by someone I had worked with for years who was in senior management, so the recommendation carried great weight.

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman in July 2014.

Interview

I found the interview process to be positive and, after clearing the bar on skills, focused on team fit. I interviewed with a half dozen different people including some above and below my potential position. It made me feel comfortable with the group I would be working with and demonstrated to the existing team that I would be a net positive addition.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was hoping for a little more but seemed to be stuck between 2 positions and their respective salary scales.

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Several interviews, good chance to build chemistry and assess the company and supervisors.The result was good. They discovered I was better suited to another job they had open, and I worked for them for 12 years. All in all, a very good experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.