Edward Jones Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,217 of over 1,217.0 interviews

Recruiter9%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Edward Jones

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones

Interview

I applied for an undergraduate internship, and less than 48 hours later, received an email asking for an on-demand interview. Then I was asked to fill out information on my financial history, if I'd ever been charged/convicted of a crime, and prior salaries. All went smoothly and quickly. I made it to the final round interview. The interview was bizarre. They asked a policy question and followup questions to "conflict at work" questions about my previous company that I found downright invasive. Things that I believe are obviously no one's business outside a company. Edward Jones, would you like your former employees answering the policy question I was asked? Would you like your former employees being asked followup questions about the intimate happenings of your company? These are not rhetorical questions. Use the response function to answer. I see you've claimed this page and are an "Engaged Employer." Not all students have worked in retail and can tell a "One time someone had broken shoes and tried to return them a day outside of the return policy, but the manager said no. It was sad they had broken shoes." story. Some students have worked for private companies in industries that don't appreciate indiscretion regarding their private dealings. Also, sometimes people feel a sense of loyalty or obligation and don't want to speak negatively, however mild, about a former employer. Needless to say, I didn't thoroughly answer the problematic questions and expected the "no." I'd proud of myself for sticking to my morals. Do better.

Interview Questions
  • -Name a policy at your previous company you didn't agree with.
    Answer Question

Edward Jones

Application

I interviewed at Edward Jones

Interview

Standard interview questions. One specifically was, “Tell me about a goal you set and how you achieved it.” Research the company and their core values to be familiar with it before the interview is helpful also.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Edward Jones

Join the conversation on

Financial Advisors

1y

works at

Edward Jones

Ive currently worked at Edward Jones for 2 years. I have 54mm AUM, grossing approximately 480k annual revenue. I have considered going independent, but don’t know a ton about that process. I am looking to build a team and grow my practice beyond the limitations of Edward Jones. What is the recommended process to start looking at options?

47 Comments

Join the conversation on

Edward Jones

Application

I interviewed at Edward Jones

Interview

It was quite possibly the hardest interview of my life. Met one on one with a successful advisor in another region and it lasted about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Edward Jones

Application

I interviewed at Edward Jones

Interview

Edward Jones makes you record a one-sided interview through Modern Hire, and just ask you to repeat all the information on your resume into a camera. It's a waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • "Please take a brief moment to provide an introduction focused on your career including one professional accomplishment." "Provide example of recent presentation where you provided insights based on your analysis, objectives of presentation. What was the outcome?" "Provide overview of your technical experience using analytic tools, data languages and visualization tools."
6 people found this interview helpful

Edward Jones

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones

Interview

After applying they send you an invitation do record a "video interview" which they estimate to take 50 minutes. This is just you reading text prompts then recording yourself. At the end your video will be sent to the hiring manager to look though and most likely not even have it get watched all the way. Not personal at all. No thanks, I value my time and I'm not a dancing monkey. After politely declining the video but welcoming a phone interview I didn't even hear back. Extremely lazy hiring management technique that won't attract the best talent but instead attract people desperate enough for a job to take a hit to their dignity. Make the hiring manager pre record a video on why he shouldn't get fired. Then don't watch it and fire him anyways.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (New York, NY)

Interview

I submitted my resume and application and was contacted within days to complete a video introduction and answer one question related to my experience in the field. I waited almost two weeks to follow up with the HR recruiter regarding my introduction and to ask for next steps and never heard back. Poor recruiting practices.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO)

Interview

I completed a recorded video interview for the position. It then took two weeks to schedule an interview with a panel of three people. They did not tell me who the three people were. After the panel interview a week had passed and I hadn't heard anything back. I finally reached out to the recruiter to get an update, at which point she informed me they went with another candidate. I sacrificed three weeks of my time for this position and they couldn't even spare a quick email letting me know I didn't get the position. It was an impersonal candidate experience from beginning to end.

1 person found this interview helpful

Edward Jones

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones in Nov 2021

Interview

I did not make it very far in the process. They are only hiring advisors with 5+ years of experience. As a recent graduate, this was impossible to have. They have disbanded their training program, so I have little to no chance to start a career with them.

Interview Questions
  • How many years of experience do you have in similar roles?

Edward Jones

Application

I interviewed at Edward Jones

Interview

Recruiter screening is done by pre-recorded video interview. You log on to a website and record your answer to questions via video. If a company doesn’t care enough to pre-screen you live on the phone, what makes you think they’ll be a good employer?

Interview Questions
  • Boiler-plate questions about your experience and why you want to work for them.
1 person found this interview helpful

Edward Jones

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Edward Jones

Interview

Interview process lasted 10 weeks. Company asked for full salary history, which I chose not to provide because of its proven history on reducing salaries of underrepresented populations. I went through four interviews, the last one being a full two months after they first reached out to me. I thought they were fully ghosting me after that fourth interview, and honestly I didn't follow up because I lost interest in the position by that point. After another seven weeks I received a message to say I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,217 Interviews