Edward Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Edward Jones

1,092 Interview Reviews

3.1

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Lengthy process. Appeared disorganized. Very subjective informal interviews with several people, followed by a simulated financial advisor experience which was super awkward, as you’re pretending to be a financial advisor with zero licenses or training. In my opinion, doing well on this simulation is in NO way indicative of someone’s ability to do the job or the inherent qualities that firms should be looking for in financial advisors, the non-teachable qualities.

Interview Questions

• What is one difficult experience you’ve had and how did you navigate that   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I met with an FA in the area for an interview. She told me they had to verify who I was and also ask me situational questions. I'd suggest thinking about your previous experiences dealing with clients, partnerships, and people. Read the careers page at the Edward Jones website and try to speak to a couple of advisors. This should prepare you well for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Financial Advisor?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Edward Jones?   Answer Question
    • Can you discuss a time where you had to overcome an obstacle to achieve something?   Answer Question
    • Can you discuss a time you had to deal with a difficult person? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the financial services industry?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about what Edward Jones does?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

The interview process is somewhat extensive, but the interviewer is basically looking for someone who understands and converses well with new and existing clients. It is a long process, so I am hopeful that it is worth it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become an FA with Edward Jones?   1 Answer

Interview

Interview process was very laid back and felt very conversational. The person who actually interviewed me gave me his card and we still have conversations and dialogue today, even though I did not accept the job that I had originally interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• How did you feel about building your client base?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

It has been long but I have appreciated the many financial advisors that have reached out to provide guidance and advice. I am on step 8 of the 10 step process, so I am hopeful that I will receive an offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

The process is somewhat lengthy, but gave me the feeling that they really want to make sure it is a great fit on both ends. Begins with a couple of phone interviews, then an interview with an advisor in the region in which you are applying, and a couple of hands on activities.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you dealt with a difficult customer?
      How do you intend to build your business?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Easy interview process. Talked straight to the hiring managers and a very straight forward review. Talked for about an hour an a half about questions on how you communicate with others.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you've worked with a difficult, customer/ coworker.   Answer Question

Financial Adviser Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Ames, IA (US)).

Interview

Many phone interviews along with an in person interview, business plan activity, and day in the life simulation. It was not too difficult all of the people I spoke with were very friendly, but it gets repetitive and you answer the same questions multiple times.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had issues with a coworker and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Phone interview was fast. Very thorough.
    Long time between next interview. Thought it went great, very stressful. Then received the 'not interested' email, with no feedback. Not sure what else I could have done, or why they didn't pick me.

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I sent an application and was given a response to having an interview which went really well and was quite friendly and it was not time-consuming at all. I would recommend to all if a desire to work in hospitality industry.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.