Elaine Investment Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Elaine Investment Management

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elaine Investment Management (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for the role on linkedin, received a call same day from the HR assistant and was asked to attend interview the next day with the GM. The GM was unwell that day, and the management accountant was asked to fill in, he was obviously not expecting it, through no fault of his own, but conducted a professional and normal interview in english. Things got strange when another worker who did not identify her position started interviewing me in mandarin, on behalf of the CEO. I was asked for me age, marital status, chinese horoscope, star sign..and blood type! I've heard these questions get asked in China where HR legislation is different, but would never have imagined to be asked such personal questions.

After the interview, I was told someone would be in touch. I heard nothing for a week and emailed the HR assistant and tried calling twice. No response and left it thinking I was unsuccessful.

5 weeks later I received an inbox message on Linkedin from the same company, but a different HR assistant asking if I would be interested in the role and to send my CV in if I was. I responded the company already had my CV and I had applied for the role 5 weeks earlier, and was told in that time they had hired someone else, who had left and they were looking again.

Long story short, whole interview is great for comical value, but avoid if you actually are looking for a role in a professional environment.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.