Enel X Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Enel X Interview Questions

Interviews at Enel X

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enel X.

Interview

Had a reference in the company who I got a phone interview through. Did the phone interview, which went okay. Got invited for a 2hr interview (8 people-30min, 2 on 1). Everyone I interviewed graduated from an Ivy or top school, which was a bit nerve inducing.
    The job description is vague at best so I asked everyone who was in a position to answer to provide a bit more detail about what 'activities' they actually performed for the job. All seemed to avoid directly answering the question.
    Overall there weren't many technical questions they asked. They were looking for a lot of soft skills. Most of the people I spoke with were hired directly out of UG or internship and have only worked at Enernoc. They were quick to tell me how cool and unique their culture was (beers w/ the team, friends w/ coworkers, etc.), but it looked and felt like most big tech companies. To that end, the makeup of the employees walking around was very male and very white, not much diversity.
    HR told me he would get in touch with me in the next week or two 'either way'. He didn't, I reached out, no answer.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe what Enernoc does for me? Aka-testing your knowledge on the company. You should know they were recently acquired by Enel and what that means (or ask what that means) for the company.
      Have some foundation of knowledge about the energy industry because they will ask.
      Tell me a time behavior questions were scattered throughout the interviews, but most flowed like conversations.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Enel X (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Met with a range of executive and junior team members - told a good story, asked good questions, broad range of answers. Additional organization in the process could have been helpful.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Enel X (Rochester, NY (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Met them at a career fair, interviewed the next day. The interviewer said I was the only applicant, and asked if I wanted the job (somewhat kidding). A few hours later I got a call from a different recruiter giving me the offer. Here's the kicker, he wanted to know my decision by NOON THE NEXT DAY, and could only wait 2 days max.

Interview

If you know JavaEE, SQL etc. you will be fine. Just make sure you are willing to learn and learn fast!

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enel X (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

My interview process consisted of a phone screen with manager and then two rounds of 1 on 2 interviews; 4 per round. Each interview was 30 minutes long, so they are basically looking to make sure you're not a crazy person. Expect typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried negotiating, but it didn't get me far.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Enel X.

Interview

Talk w/current employee, apply with internal reference, talk with recruiter, talk with hiring manager, half-day first round interview, half-day final round interview, offer.

The two in-person rounds were pretty intense, with the first round testing my general knowledge and how I approached certain situations, and the final round testing actual day-to-day skills that I'd need for the position. The interviewers aren't afraid to pepper you with questions and challenge you, but stay calm and focused and you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe how EnerNOC makes money   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enel X in November 2017.

Interview

Months after submitting my application I was contacted by an intern and provided with some available time slots to speak with the recruiter. When the recruiter and I spoke he was very friendly and asked very typical questions about my background and the interview felt like a success. He told me that he would like to refer me to the hiring manager and if I didn't hear from him in the next week to reach out to his intern. This struck me as odd since he is the recruiter and made me feel as though he was already telling me he was not going to put the effort in to actually recruit me. A week went by with no word. I emailed the intern and received no response. Another week went by and I emailed the intern and the recruiter. I received no response. I was really interested in the position despite the lack of professionalism the recruiter and his intern showed so I decided to call. I left the recruiter a message and to my surprise he promptly returned the call. He apologized for the delay and said things were busy due to the holidays. We first spoke in in mid-November and at this point we were in the second week of December. He assured me he would be in touch soon. I never heard back from him or his intern. In early January I gave him another call and left him a voicemail. In mid-January I sent him one last email to which he never responded. I gave up. My background and years of experience were seemingly a match for the position. The complete lack of basic effort was a huge disappointment. A simple email saying they had moved on to other candidates would have saved me some time. I never heard anything back despite his promises to get back to me. It seems the “holidays” at Enernoc last from mid-November to seemingly forever.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions like what is your background, why this position.. etc.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enel X (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Met with multiple managers in person and via skype conference. Most behavioral questions, but can be technical. Started off with mostly behavioral, then a more senior interviewer came in for a deeper 1 on 1.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Enel X (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Process lasted about a week with an opportunity to meet with many members of the team. The interview itself took up a significant portion of the day with 30-minute 1-on-1 interviews consecutively. The company itself is interesting with an interesting product, but there isn't much opportunity to transition to full-time depending on the team you join.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enel X (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Brief initial phone screen then a 1.5 hour interview in Boston. Three 30 min interviews with two team members each. Very informal, talked about myself, talked about the role and why I was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about demand response? Draw a typical energy usage curve for a 24 hr period. How many quarters would fit in this room and how much money is that. Other standard questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.