English Heritage Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

English Heritage Interview Questions in London, England

Interviews at English Heritage

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Interview

I was selected for an interview with 3 days notice so I had to decline. The position would have required relocation so I would have had to take a full day with the travelling for the assessment and another full day for the interview the following week. I was advised they would be in touch to reschedule but they never did.
    Honestly. If you are interviewing candidates of a certain grade you would expect to be offered more than 3 days notice. Really disappointed and put me off applying again.

Steward Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at English Heritage (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 EH staff for a historic property steward role. OK interview, lack of focus on the history and contents of the building, which is surely why someone would want to work there. Seemed more interested in how I could raise revenue for the company. Sadly it was another tick box exercise in fulfilling the requirements on paper, rather then looking at the individual in front of them, and how their job experience was valid.
    Poor communication, I emailed after 5 days to see how it was progressing, only to have to wait another 5 days to hear back from the member of EH staff who interviewed me to learn I had been unsuccessful, no feedback was offered, so I enquired whether this was possible to help with application forms such as this. Eventually they got back to me with feedback, reason being that I hadn't been successful was due to my lack of 'till and tourism' experience, which is frankly insulting, when I have over 4 years experience in customer facing hospitality & significant cash handling. To conclude, the whole experience left a very bad impression of the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at EH   1 Answer

Properties Historian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at English Heritage (London, England).

Interview

Interview lasting roughly an hour with a three-person panel. Starts with a general question about yourself and how your experience relates to the job as an ice-breaker before going into situational questions to test how you respond to a situation. Closes by inviting you to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience and how it relates to the role?   1 Answer
    • Can you give an example of when you have explained complex ideas or processes to a general audience?   1 Answer
    • The makeup of the team the historian would be joining was outlined. How would this potentially work and what are the possible drawbacks?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at English Heritage (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

Very old fashioned. Not welcoming. Not interested in their core business. Felt like the civil service of the 1950s. Obsessed with process. Competency based questions. Impatient with any questions received.

Historian Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at English Heritage (London, England) in June 2013.

Interview

Great questions relating to the future position, picture test, good opportunity for discussion and to show your personality and ability to think on your feet; responsive and engaged interviewing panel, good an fair grading system

Interview Questions

• To anayse architectural drawings   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.