Equal Experts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Equal Experts Interview Questions

Updated 8 Oct 2018

People Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)) in January 2016.

Interview

- Was approach by a recruitment agency on Linkedin and had a first phone conversation with them;
    - Skype interview with the recruitment agency;
    - Skype interview with a People Manager from London;
    - Went to London for 1 full day, having 3 different interviews/conversations with Head of People, a Partner and the CEO.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts in December 2014.

Interview

Got referred through an Equal Expert employee. In about 3 days (mid week) got an email requesting a screening call. During the call the HR (they call them People Managers) asked about my work, projects, TDD, Agile exposure (main thing!). At the end of call I was emailed a programming task for the famous 'fizz-buzz' problem with a bit of twist in it.

Submitted it back after the weekend as zip attachments, with some patterns used and lots of unit tests along with an alternative solution for each step asked. Got a reply the day after next that they are struggling to find someone to review it. End of the week got a rejection with feedback saying that I used NO patterns, should refactor using ReSharper (didn't think that was the requirement in the first place), no usage of GitHub to submit results(!).

Overall, I still like the company because of its freedom, vivid project and good people, but they should really (read MUST!) use standard reviewing methods and not dig into tools used to do the work. A good quality code is to be reviewed and not the tools used produce it (atleast that's what they said in the task).

Interview Questions

• Why didn't I submit it through Github?
      Use of Regions
      'Frowned' perspective to usage of Internal classes   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Phase 1 - Phone screening with a People Scout from EE. I believe the aim was to understand my experience, check on my knowledge in business and delivery domain and my experience at executing projects.

Phase 2 - Onsite case study - This was a f2f interview organised with two experienced EE consultants. Was given a case study to solve. I believe the idea was to understand the approach I took, the scope I covered, and delivery planning.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process is well organized and the candidate is drilled on his basic IQ abilities as well as his technical abilities in order to confirm his fit with the organization.

Generally IQ test followed by screening and detail interview rounds are conducted for fresh college graduates.

A questions may also be asked to judge cultural fitment with organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about different data structures choices you made while implementing the solution in your project?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

First round is telephonic round, next they take Coding interview (aka Pairing round or pair programming round)at their office and then technical and then Directory round if all of the previous ones are cleared. Equal experts focused on pair programming, thinking about now and not future but code should be extendable for future, GRASP, KISS, SOLID,DRY, Open Closed priniciple concept and Junit testing during pairing round.In the technical interview they focused on my current project and data modelling and coding approach on the problem they gave me to solve.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a parking system where you need to allot a space when a car enters and free it up when it leaves. When car leaves no interaction is required between car and parking alloter/guard.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)) in May 2016.

Interview

Phases:
    -CV screening
    -Phone conversation with HR
    -Easy technical problem to do at home (modified FizzBuzz that should be done using TDD).
    -On-site pair-programming session for an easy problem (90m)
    -On-site system design problem (this one was challenging, involved distributed systems concepts) and general conversation on the company's culture (90m)

Failed due to general lack of experience (applied with <1 professional experience) and subpar performance in the pair-programming session (due to bad TDD).

Everyone involved was great, and the process had nearly zero BS. It is worth attending just to get to know their culture.

Cons: having to support travelling expenses and not realizing TDD was so crucial during pair-programming. Shared responsibility in the last point, since from previous conversations it was clear the company highly valued it, but I guess that could've been stressed before starting the exercise (I was expecting something more algorithmical and that's not the right mindset for this).

Interview Questions

• Modified FizzBuzz   Answer Question
    • How would you structure a system for high availability? What if I want to make tradeoffs between consistency and availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Step 1 :- Code Pairing Round .. simple problem just need to take care of edge cases and scalability . Key to crack : Be Simple and write some unit test cases.

Step 2 :- Technical interview :- Its kind of hollow interview they are more worried about specific terms like "S.O.L.I.D principles", rather then approaches / problem solving. Some question around my project .. I am sure they hardly understand any part of my project and then asked me to design shopping cart. Some question on design/scalability this discussion I really liked .
    key to crack : Mug all design principle/ design patterns by name (definitions only)

Step 3 :- Discussion with the Country head some question about project and general technical stuff easy to crack.

Now come to pathetic part ... after each round you will get a long feedback from HR it is totally useless he is trying all left right center to brag about the company.

So now time to offer they offered really low salary that I was drawing at that time with false promise of onsite and profit sharing after spending 2 years....

I don't know why any one will join them on lower or same salary ..... as far as I know 30% hike is market minimum.. I declined offer.

Interview Questions

• they asked me to design shopping cart... and identifying classes involved   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 4 rounds..1st round was aptitude test 2nd round was basic technical round 3rd was technical round in which they check depth of your knowledge and 4th round was HR round

Interview Questions

• design a quiz management system in which they asked for data structures as well as databases which can be used   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England).

Interview

Telephone Chat with Recruiter, Offline FizzBuzz coding test.

Have to chase the feedback for more than a week and then was told I am not successful because I have over-engineered the test. That's it, no explanation. Felt like I have wasted my time, but also can't help thinking that dodged a bullet there.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Unlike other IT companies in Pune, Equal expert has very unique interview process. No matter if you get the offer or not, you will feel positive at the end.

Typical interview starts with a Code pairing round, where you have to write a code preferably using TDD to solve a real life problem. This round takes around 90 minutes.

2nd round is technical round where you will be asked to design some application. 3rd round is Managerial round and then HR.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.