Equity LifeStyle Properties Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Equity LifeStyle Properties Interview Questions

Updated 3 Sep 2017

2.6

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equity LifeStyle Properties (Leesburg, FL (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Sent in resume and received an email follow up in a about 2 weeks. The initial phone interview was professional, friendly, and informative. I did not recieve a second interview, but I did recieve a phone call and email from the phone interviewer thanking me for my time.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equity LifeStyle Properties (Vero Beach, FL (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

At the interview, I filled out an application for about 20 minutes before meeting with the property manager. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and the property manager was very pleasant. After the first interview there was a second interview with regional managers and then finally another online application for a full background check which takes a while.

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equity LifeStyle Properties (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

Initial phone screen, webex 2nd round, live panel 3rd round, phone 4th round to wrap up. I was supposedly 1 of 3 "finalists" who made it to the panel. I went weeks without hearing anything, now months. I still might be considered, I have no idea. In my book, you need to upgrade your TA resources if they don't know rule number 1 of recruiting - keep your top candidates hot!! The recruiter's excuse was that this "was a crazy one" and I have not heard from her since. How inconsiderate to just ghost someone. This isn't dating, this is your career. Worst experience I have ever had.

Director, Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Equity LifeStyle Properties (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Referred to the SVP of HR through a mutual connection. All of us previously worked for the same company. Had an initial phone interview with her very quickly after the referral along with a 2 hour onsite interview shortly after that. Received positive feedback from the hiring manager that I was well received, they were interested and to please continue to update her on the status of my search process in the event that she needed to expedite any follow up interviews with other stakeholders. As requested, I would send a weekly update on other interviews that were progressing or to check and see if any next steps had been determined. I received nothing but radio silence for the next 3 months. Not a courtesy update, not a "thanks but we're heading in another direction..." and not even a standard ATS notification that the requisition had closed and they had hired someone else. I've been in talent acquisition a long time and am not upset that I did not get the position. I firmly believe in best fit for the role. My extreme disappointment comes from the poor handling of my candidate experience. Being a referral from a mutual and respected connection, I ABSOLUTELY expected to receive follow up or some form of courtesy communication throughout the process. At a bare minimum, to have been turned over to a recruiter to close out with me and thank me for my time and interest. Rather, I had to run a search on LinkedIn on the position title for the company to find out the role had been filled. Taking the high road, I even sent the hiring authority a quick InMail through LinkedIn congratulating her on filling the role and thanking her for her time and the opportunity to interview. Did I receive anything back? Not at all. I do not generalize my own experience as a reflection of the overall culture of the organization, but this has certainly jaded my opinion of the company and how they prioritize the candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your leadership style   Answer Question
    • Why do you wish to return to Corp talent acquisition   1 Answer

PR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equity LifeStyle Properties (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Over the phone screener, then in person with head of department and director. Offered position within a couple of weeks but didn't start for a couple of months due to holidays and planned vacations (on their end)

Interview Questions

• How I handled a crisis in my past jobs regarding the messaging   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equity LifeStyle Properties (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Started with standard phone Interview with HR. One week later they wanted to set up in person interview. I went to their HQ in downtown Chicago. Met with 4 people on a rotating basis. One was a sr. financial analyst. Two were manager. One was a VP of Finance. They were nice enough.

They ask a lot of question on your background and want to know why you left certain jobs. I feel like they weren't satisfied with my background since I switched jobs a few times.

They claimed they would get back to me in a few weeks after the tgiving holiday. I never heard from HR again...

Interview Questions

• You work in a different industry now, how will that experience translate to this job?   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Equity LifeStyle Properties (New York, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

The first step was a phone prescreen, followed by a second phone conversation and then a scheduled face-to-face interview with the local leadership team. The final step was a live video interview with the leadership team at the headquarter office. The process was very professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your specific Recruiting and Interviewing responsibilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Equity LifeStyle Properties (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Started like any other. Approached by and interviewed over phone by HR. Went well and had an in person interview with director. Went fairly well. Noticed right away the director had limited experience in hiring since he talked about himself more than anything and expected me to carry conversation. I didn't have a problem with that but my problem was lack of communication. Sent follow up email after interview to thank them but only heard back 69 days later that I didnt get the job! What a joke of an organization! No thanks

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Nothing out of the norm or that would stick out.   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Equity LifeStyle Properties (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

I had 3 interviews and 2 of them I felt like I was bothering them & they were not very happy to be there themselves. It made the interviews very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why so you think you are a good fit for the position?   1 Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ocean View, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equity LifeStyle Properties (Ocean View, NJ (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

No interview, was called the first day of training to come in. Training is paid 8 hours for 3 days and is mostly reading from the book and messing around in the lake/pool. The instructor is very goofy and it was very convenient because you don't need to pay for your own lifeguard license. Got to know the other guards very well in this time.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.