Ericsson-Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1,703 Interview Reviews

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Kolkata (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Process was with 4 steps.
    1.Aptitude
    2.GD
    3.PI
    4.HR
    Interview was very basic level. nothing was unexpected. They asked basic questions from Networking ,database and also from coding concept. Hr round was pretty much good.

Interview Questions

• Joined as freshers. Interview was not complex. Very basic concept required.   Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Plano, TX (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

multiple phone interview that ranged from technical to personality related themes. The interviewers were serious about the process and their interactions actually increased my interest. I had at least 5 rounds of interviews and most were remote. The process was no joke but not ridiculous either. The phone interviews were sufficient due to my having worked with some of the employees previously but I think most rounds have a 1:1 in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see virtualization going in the future?   2 Answers

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Very disjointed as multiple divisions involved in decision making process. Offer made, then followed by another round of interviews, after already letting current employer know that I was leaving. Very uncomfortable process.

Interview Questions

• How to handle a project that is in great difficulty   2 Answers

Negotiation

Negotiations where with a third party contractor, and not with the eventual client

Permit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

You have to go through a recruiter. Face-to-face in Sunnyvale. No feedback whatsoever after the interview. Recruiter didn't know what job I'd be interviewing for so it was difficult to be prepared.

Interview Questions

• First question included acronyms I was not familiar with because they had an opening for a permit specialist (not my thing)   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

On-campus Interview - 2 Technical rounds and 1 HR round.
    Overall a good experience. Good team.

On-campus Interview - 2 Technical rounds and 1 HR round.
    Overall a good experience. Good team.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Plano, TX (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with like-minded engineers on the team in a round table fashion. Curiously, was not interviewed by a manager. Java and database architecture skills were asked of, including drawing on whiteboard a few coding concepts and describing previous projects that I had worked on and what they involved. I got the sense that my experience was constantly being evaluated and not so much my personality, looks, or mannerism of speaking, which I really appreciated actually.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ericsson ?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Two phone calls, no on site, go over the resume, ask a few questions regarding projects they are interested in. Chit-chat style. At first one interviewer missed the schedule and called on the other day.

Interview Questions

• as mentioned in interview process, there's no specific questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in August 2015.

Interview

Three rounds. First round is HR call. Second one is Manager video interview. It is half hour interview. Third one is three persons in that team give you 45 mins for each person interview. All interviews are remotely finished.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

One phone interview, and another on-site. The interviews were done by the hiring manager and his/her most senior staff. Most of the questions by the staff were relevant to his/her own knowledge and not the knowledge required for the position they were hiring. As a result, the questions were quite straightforward and pretty much expected as far as programming interviews are concerned. Reading up on sorting algorithms, heap vs stack, etc beforehand will be a good move.

Interview Questions

• What's the fastest sorting algorithm?   1 Answer
    • What's the best case in terms for time-complexity for any sorting algorithm?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The experience with the HR department was horrible. I attempted to negotiate a higher salary due to my experience but once the offer was on the table, there was no space for anything of the sort. I got the feeling it was a "take-it-or-leave-it" deal as this opening was for a particular level with a pre-set range.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

Applied in the middle of mid November month. Later I got a mail in the middle of Dec month asking me to schedule an interview. I scheduled the interview scheduled on Jan 9th. The interview lasted for 1 hour. 2 weeks later, got a mail stating that they weren't going to proceed with my interview process.

Interview Questions

• Design a telephone directory and mention the data structure to be used.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

no format. skill based and team based process

Interview Questions

• nothing as such..skill based   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.