Barclays Interview Question: Estimate the total number of ... | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interview Question

Trading Analyst Interview

Estimate the total number of cars in UK.

Tags:
= 314 million, wwwstatista.com statistics 299972 average
Answer

Interview Answer

7 Answers

Anonymous on 15 Apr 2015

Approximately 70million people in the UK.
With students in halls, those living alone and couples bringing the average down and students in houses, large families and extended family households bringing the average up there is on average 4 people per household giving approximately 17.5million households.

Average UK household has 2 cars, circa 35million cars in the UK.

Ben McCann on 15 Apr 2015

53m

michael fisher on 1 Sep 2015

http://www.statista.com/statistics/299972/average-age-of-cars-on-the-road-in-the-united-kingdom/ 2015= 31.4 million estimated. with an average increase of 0.2625 per year. With increases of 2-3 per and levels of immigration I would estimate 3 meaning I predict 34.4 million for 2016. Unless you are in the stock market and believe that the rest of the world will give a rats posterior for more than 5 min about the fact that the combination of corrupt officials and cheap tat mean that china isn't capable of half of what it tried to make out. Last global recession showed a drop of .2 so would be 34.2 for 2016. But the fall of the soviet union's economy in 91, although leading to anti rich American feelings in former soviet held Muslim states, it also strengthened the us economy tenfold. Although china also took advantage, it has as with so many other communist and leftist policy's proved unsustainable and once the dust has settled will benefit the us economy even further. And has been proved, what is good for the us economy is good for the world economy. The fall back of the Chinese influence in the car industry in my opinion will open up more opportunities for the European car industry and if I was Barclays then I would invest in European car industry and increase car loans(but not for Chinese cars). How is that for an interview answer?

michael fisher on 1 Sep 2015

(Typo error corrections from last statement) http://www.statista.com/statistics/299972/average-age-of-cars-on-the-road-in-the-united-kingdom/ 2015= 31.4 million estimated. with an average increase of 0.2625 per year. With increases of 2-3 per year and with levels of immigration I would estimate increase of .3 meaning I predict 34.7 million for 2016. Unless you are in the stock market and believe that the rest of the world will give a rats posterior for more than 5 min about the fact that the combination of corrupt officials and cheap tat mean that china isn't capable of half of what it tried to make out. Last global recession showed a drop of .2 so would be 34.2 for 2016. But the fall of the soviet union's economy in 91, although leading to anti rich American feelings in former soviet held Muslim states (poo sucks to be them), it also strengthened the us economy tenfold. Although china also took advantage, it has as with so many other communist and leftist policy's proved unsustainable and once the dust has settled will benefit the us economy even further. And has been proved, what is good for the us economy is good for the world economy. The fall back of the Chinese influence in the car industry in my opinion will open up more opportunities for the European car industry and if I was Barclays then I would invest in European car industry and increase car loans(but not for Chinese cars). How is that for an interview answer?

Michael Fisher on 2 Sep 2015

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.