European Bioinformatics Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at European Bioinformatics Institute

2.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinxton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at European Bioinformatics Institute (Hinxton, England) in June 2016.

Interview

I was told to purchase plane tickets and hotel reservations for Hinxton, UK. I flew to London Stansted airport, where I was greeted by a driver who took me to Hinxton. For my interview, I was asked to give a 15 minute presentation related to the field, then I was asked some questions, both technical and general. I then took a written skills test for 30 minutes. Next I met with some of my would-be co-workers and had lunch with them. Finally I spoke with the HR representative to discuss exactly what would happen were I to get hired.

Interview Questions

• What is the computational speed of looking something up in a hash table?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at European Bioinformatics Institute (Cambridge, England) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, had a face to face interview with a panel of 3-4 people, followed by a technical test (which was pretty incomprehensible, but I believe the testing is much better now). Testing varies massively between groups so this information may not be very representative of what will happen if you apply.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Interview

Half a day interview with HR round, technical round and panel round. HR round not really an interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to case study from your work.   1 Answer

Bioinformatics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinxton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at European Bioinformatics Institute (Hinxton, England) in February 2010.

Interview

The initial communication was with the HR department who offered an interview date (very soon after the application). Travel costs and lodging were refunded, the organisation was most professional. The interview consisted of three parts: A panel interview with senior staff (with an introduction of the institute and group on their side and questions concerning the CV), several face-to-face interviews with the direct supervisor and several prospective colleagues (which contained some skill tests) and a talk with the HR representative about the employment conditions. The atmosphere was informal, I would have expected more questions about the future and my ideas about the position for which I applied.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinxton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at European Bioinformatics Institute (Hinxton, England) in February 2017.

Interview

I was invited to skype interview with two of EBI folks, scientific programmer, and genomic analysis team leader, the interview took 30 minutes, it was mainly experience review interview an I have received a feedback mail later on the same day.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hinxton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at European Bioinformatics Institute (Hinxton, England).

Interview

One hour of technical questions followed by a presentation of previous projects and questions with the panel. Describing how would I meet the research goals including the timeline. One hour interview with HR person to check the needed work permits and explanation of your entitlement. A visit to the lab and talking with other team members.

Interview Questions

• Q: where do you see yourself in the future?   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at European Bioinformatics Institute (Cambridge, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Initially, I applied online and after a few weeks I got an invitation to attend interview process at EBI-EMBL in Cambridge, East of England. EBI-EMBL provides everything (train tickets, accommodation, transportation from the hotel to EMBL-EBI every day etc.)

Day 1: Initial Admission Assessment (IAA) Panel interview with EMBL group eaders about 20 minutes, questions about your background.
    Day 2: Panel Interiew with EBI group leaders who recruit this period.
    Day 3: one-on-one interviews with group leaders.

Interview Questions

• Day 1:
      General questions about my educational background.
      General questions about Molecular Biology.

Day 2:
      Tell us about yourself?
      Why you applied here?
      Questions about previous research projects
      What do you want to do in the future? and Why?
      Why you chose this paper as your favorite publication?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hinxton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at European Bioinformatics Institute (Hinxton, England) in September 2015.

Interview

It starts with a quick panel interview via Skype, where I got asked general question nothing very technical. Then a skill test via a shared Google doc with some technical questions and question about the company. Then, I got invited for a face to face interview. It required travelling, and it was all paid for. During that interview, I had another panel interview where I got asked again the general question about common sense and how to work in a team. then a quick chat with members of the team over a tea and coffee. Finally, an HR meeting just to ask HR questions (Salary, benefits, rules, etc.. ) and that was it.

Interview Questions

• How to resolve conflict with another team member?
      How to deal with someone on another team with the higher position if you need something from them?
      What do you think of the role?
      Few questions about my last jobs
      Some questions about things I wrote in the CV that are not clear   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at European Bioinformatics Institute (London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

First round was the skype interview. There were 4 members for the interview. Aksed intro then 3 basic question on the sql and interview completed.

Don't waste your time. They not even look your resume/skill before interview.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hinxton, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at European Bioinformatics Institute (Hinxton, England) in May 2016.

Interview

Easy friendly discussion with very savy folks. Technical questions and soft skills queries mixed during a 45 minute session. The Interview was focus on fit and focused on working in a high passed, international environment and dealing with internal as well as external users from all over the world.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.