Eurostar International Interview Questions

Updated 11 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 31 of over 31 interviews

Recruiter7%
Recruitment Agency7%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Eurostar International (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

I had applied through a recruiter who landed me the interview. On the day of the virtual interview, I was challenged with a coding exercise, which was to be completed within 30 mins. I had completed it successfully in 15 mins. The team looked pleased/satisifed with the solution and did not ask any questions around it. The asked me other technical questions to which they sounded pleased too. However, after the interview, I received no feedback and chased up the recruiter myself to which she responded "The manager stated that you failed the pair programming exercise Im afraid". No proper feedback. So I asked whether there was any feedback on the solution, to which she replied "Sorry there was no detailed feedback I'm afraid, just wasn't the solution they wanted". So pathetic that candidates spend time out of their day to not even receive feedback, even if it is a rejection. Won't be interviewing here again.

Interview Questions
  • Short coding challenge with Javascript
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eurostar International (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

Interview process was fast paced, and initial contact was very positive, well organised, and timely. Having read such great things on Glassdoor about the culture at Eurostar, I was confident the positive and professional recruitment process I had experienced in the first and second stages would no doubt continue, regardless of the outcome of my application. Following the second stage interview, I was advised by the talent acquisition partner that I would be contacted the following week regarding my application and the outcome of the 2nd stage interview. I waited a reasonable amount of time to follow up, understanding that they had received a lot of applicants for the role and that the recruitment process can take time. Disappointingly, despite two polite emails requesting an update, I received no further contact from the recruitment team regarding my application. Working in HR, I would have been quite comfortable with any constructive feedback given and confirmation that I had been unsuccessful in my application. However, to be completely ignored was incredibly unprofessional and from an employer brand perspective, quite damaging for Eurostar in terms of their recruitment processes and treatment of candidates. My experience has certainly tarnished my view of Eurostar as an employer, which is disappointing. Unfortunately, if I am asked by others regarding Eurostar, my feedback will not be as positive as it would have been if the recruitment feedback process had been better.

Interview Questions
  • Various competency based questions and a presentation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eurostar International (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

Few different steps, logic, different fake situations to see how we deal with different possible situations. A logic test to see our reactivity , eye test and patience test. Also see the language level required from eurostar in frencb and English, intervis half in french and half in English.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for eurostar?

Eurostar International

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eurostar International

Interview

Applied for the interview online , application was successful so I had a phone call interview with a HR hiring manager, then followed by a face to face interview lasting 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Eurostar International

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Eurostar International in May 2020

Interview

An initial phone call with the hiring manager to discuss the role and my experience. The role sounded ideal and eurostar seemed like an exciting opportunity. I was invited to a face-to-face (on MS teams) with the hiring manager and the recruiter where they asked a series of competency based questions and informed me at the end that they would let me know in a few days about progressing to the next stage. A week and a half later I hadn't heard anything so dropped a message to the hiring manager who did not respond, and the following day the TA specialist sent me a standard regret message. I replied to her asking for constructive feedback as to where I fell short but she completely ignored me. As somebody who is actively interviewing, any feedback would have been incredibly valuable and left me with a good impression as they were genuinely engaging during the interview. Alas, I was totally ignored and it speaks volumes about their employer brand and how they value candidates time and energy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Eurostar International (London, England, England) in Mar 2020

Interview

An online test to check mental ability and behavioural responses, followed by a video interview with pre-recorded questions and with interviewee answers recorded on video through an app, followed by an assessment day with a presentation, office tour, social lunch, and an interview with two staff members.

Interview Questions
  • What do you see as the biggest challenges for this company in the near future?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Eurostar International (London, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

I applied online for this role back in October 2018. I then was invited to do an online Video Interview about a month later in November 2018. In December I received a phone call inviting me to an Assessment Centre in February 2019. The woman was very lovely on the phone and it was nice to receive a phone call instead of just an impersonal email. For the Assessment Centre we were asked to prepare for a Presentation with a question they emailed for us. It was nice being able to prepare for this beforehand. Although, the only downside was that you had to send in your presentation slides a whole week ahead of the Assessment Centre so it was a bit difficult if you wanted to add anything/ change something last minute. The actual Assessment Centre was a really pleasant experience. All the candidates and assessors were really lovely. They made sure that we were all made to feel comfortable, reassured and able to do our best. The day consisted of two group exercises (which were actually quite fun). Then, the presentation and individual interview followed by a tour of St Pancras Station. The station tour was lots of fun and it was a great opportunity to see behind the scenes of the operation and get to know more about how it all works. I heard back from about a week and a half after the Assessment Centre (one of the longest times I have had to wait to receive a decision) I didn't get offered the job but again I was given a personal call from the woman who interview me and she was really nice about it. Definitely a positive experience even though I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
  • What challenges do you think Eurostar will face in the next few years?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Eurostar International (London, England, England)

Interview

Brief meeting with hiring manager and team member. What was my experience mainly and a few questions on how I would deal with potential situations. I thought it was surprisingly brief for a position of that seniority. Turned out the hiring manager had a lack of knowledge of the specific role I was applying for - FM and Property.

Interview Questions
  • What was my experience mainly and a few questions on how I would deal with potential situations. I thought it was surprisingly brief for a position of that seniority.

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Eurostar International (London, England, England)

Interview

Very competent process. First met with the hiring manager for a 1:1 then called back to meet with other senior managers and employees to test the cultural fit. The company did this for almost all roles so you could eb interviewed by people who you would not be working with.

Interview Questions
  • Prepare a presentation / plan / mock-up of how you would redesign the homepage (this was relevant at the time)

Eurostar International

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Eurostar International in Nov 2019

Interview

The interview was held remotely and most technical questions weren't design related. The interview was easy enough and the team came across knowledgable. The only negative would be that a large part of the interview seemed to not be relevant to the job spec.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Interviews