Eversheds Sutherland Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Eversheds Sutherland Interview Questions

Interviews at Eversheds Sutherland

2.8

Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied online through a job post and was invited for an interview within three days. I attended the interview and received a call the same day with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eversheds Sutherland (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

I originally applied for a more junior role as I do not have legal secretarial experience. I was invited to an interview but when I found out the salary for that role was below my expectations, the HR man (who was very helpful) offered me an interview for another, more senior, role.

I was interviewed by two secretarial heads of staff. There were quite a lot of questions but I was made to feel relaxed and comfortable. I though the interview went well but after ten days, I chased for feedback and was told the role had been offered to someone else.

Solicitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eversheds Sutherland (Manchester City Centre, England).

Interview

Very standard Interview - all usual questions asked. Interviewers were encouraging & friendly, helped you along if you seemed to hit a blank spot, tried to put you at ease

Interview Questions

• Experience, what you knew about the firm, why you want the job, pick a relevant topic that interests you...   Answer Question

Facilities Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eversheds Sutherland (Manchester, England).

Interview

Too much emphasis on running the team and office on a "hotel" basis, you're supposed to be a top tier law firm not Travelodge. Employ people who are qualified and no about Facilities and not from a hospitality background. Gilding the turd will only work for so long before you're seen for what you are i.e. inept, incompetent, ill trained and embarrassingly like a team of Uriah Heep's.

Interview Questions

• Embarrassingly mundane questions by inexperienced people   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tedious, they want platinum service but pay only for bronze.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eversheds Sutherland (Birmingham, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Took a while to set up, but when it eventually happened I thought it went well!!

Competency based so lots of questions about past experiences and situations. Worth having a think about challenges you've faced etc in the workplace and how you overcame them.

After weeks waiting for feedback, I finally had feedback that was completely irrelevant to my interview and left me feeling confused! Had they just come back and said I wasn't experienced enough, I would have been happier but the feedback felt made up (i.e. apparently I was nervous.....when they'd stated in the interview how great it was I didn't seem overly nervous!)!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you faced a challenge in the workplace and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eversheds Sutherland.

Interview

Competency based.....bascially an hour of questions regarding experience being fired at you. Preparing well is the key and knowing your CV inside out.

Unfortunately, Eversheds seem to have policy of not contacting applicants should they not be offered the job......would have welcomed some feedback.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Eversheds Sutherland (Birmingham, England) in July 2015.

Interview

The Interview was supposed to last for thirty minutes and it lasted just 3 minutes. Please someone explain to me how you can get to know a candidate without asking leading questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. How would you see yourself in the next three years.   Answer Question

Reception Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eversheds Sutherland (Doha (Qatar)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very easy. Applied on line, got a call and was interviewed by Managing partner. I was asked a few questions. They made me feel very comfortable and they were personable. It was easy, and a few days later I got an email with the offer which I accepted.

Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Eversheds Sutherland (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2015.

Interview

At this level, you will be principally be hired on the body of your previous casework. You will also be expected to demonstrate a real capacity to bring in new clients. For candidates coming in from the public sector, that will be tricky. Failing that, its always helpful to present reported cases that reflects well on the quality of your legal mind.

Interview Questions

• Are there any particular sectors or industries where you might have the capacity to bring in clients?   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eversheds Sutherland.

Interview

HR staff was amazing. Always followed thru and were patient with my follow-up questions. Interviewed approximately three or four times during a two week period. During that period met with about 8 different people. Met with the team peers that I would be working with as well as team leads (partner-attorneys) that I would be coaching and supporting to help grow their business. Very fluid and comfortable process.

Interview Questions

• Do not recall a most difficult or unexpected question. However, I found it most challenging to be interviewed in a conference setting by three people video conference style...as you how to allow for time delay issues and to be aware of how the camera may or may not be interpreting your eye contact and/or gestures.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I declined the first time and then accepted the second offer.