Exova Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Exova Interview Questions

2.7

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exova in August 2012.

Interview

great experience typical interview process no unique interview questions. went over the inter-workings of the company and the office and what was performed at that office site. The guy who I interviewed with was great really easy to get along with no real pressure during the interview.

Metals Prep Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exova (Santa Fe Springs, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I was called in to interview and when I got there they switched who I was interviewing with. I took a brief math and chemistry test then was interviewed by the head of the department and the general manager.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillington, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exova (Hillington, Scotland) in April 2015.

Interview

One on one interview and tour of the lab facilities. It was the most extensive interview i have ever had due to the sheer number of mandatory questions and the fact the interviewer had to write down all my responses. Interviewer was lovely though and helped redirect if i got off track or tried to help me find an example i could use for some of the mandatory responses.

Interview Questions

• Lots and lots of questions about handling staff and specific situations eg staff not performing   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exova (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in April 2012.

Interview

A typical generic interview that has nothing to do with the job. Straight out of a text book on cliché interview questions. One member of the panel couldn't understand the questions as his English was very poor.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiations

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Exova (Glasgow, Scotland) in March 2016.

Interview

I sent my CV along with a cover letter and was emailed an interview slot. When I turned up for my interview, it turned out that the time slot before me had been double booked so I had to wait an extra hour to be interviewed. I was interviewed by the operations manager as the lab had no manager at the time. Interview lasted around an hour and was comprised of both science and personality based questions.

Interview Questions

• What kind of pathogens do you think we test for in our water samples?   1 Answer
    • If you saw someone doing something wrong in the lab what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for exova?   Answer Question
    • What key values do you associate with exova?   Answer Question
    • Describe one lab technique to me in detail.   1 Answer
    • What methods do you think we employ in the lab to test samples?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You were told the salary and that's it.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Exova (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Had 2 rounds of Interview. Telephonic and face to face. The face to face interview was very specific and each line in the resume was read and asked about. I was also asked about Excel skills as this was an Administrative position.

Interview Questions

• Do you know advanced Excel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The overall experience was nice

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Exova (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

When I arrived for the interview, the manager allowed me to look over a copy of the interview questions and left the room for 10 minutes, so I could look them over and collect my thoughts and responses to the interview questions. Group interviewed by the operations manager and department team leader.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time from your past that describes when you took initiative.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exova in November 2011.

Interview

Exova looks like a great place to work. Everything is professional and the interviewer was very sweet. She gave me positive feedback and really understood where I was coming from. I was asked a variety of questions, general and behavioural. This is my first position, so no technical questions were asked. I read up on the company much beforehand and found out details that showed I was committed to the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you made a mistake during the beginning phases of an experiment?   2 Answers

Engine Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exova (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2008.

Interview

Face to Face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple, depending on who you are dealing with.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Exova (New Delhi (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

Technical stuffs were on skype.phone interview was taken by the recruiter and after that there was a technical round on skype with the technical director and Hr director.After that there was a telephonic interview with the line manager

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.