Exova Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Exova Interview Questions

2.7

Metals Prep Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exova (Santa Fe Springs, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I was called in to interview and when I got there they switched who I was interviewing with. I took a brief math and chemistry test then was interviewed by the head of the department and the general manager.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exova in August 2012.

Interview

great experience typical interview process no unique interview questions. went over the inter-workings of the company and the office and what was performed at that office site. The guy who I interviewed with was great really easy to get along with no real pressure during the interview.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Exova (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Had 2 rounds of Interview. Telephonic and face to face. The face to face interview was very specific and each line in the resume was read and asked about. I was also asked about Excel skills as this was an Administrative position.

Interview Questions

• Do you know advanced Excel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The overall experience was nice

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Exova (Glasgow, Scotland) in March 2016.

Interview

I sent my CV along with a cover letter and was emailed an interview slot. When I turned up for my interview, it turned out that the time slot before me had been double booked so I had to wait an extra hour to be interviewed. I was interviewed by the operations manager as the lab had no manager at the time. Interview lasted around an hour and was comprised of both science and personality based questions.

Interview Questions

• What kind of pathogens do you think we test for in our water samples?   1 Answer
    • If you saw someone doing something wrong in the lab what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for exova?   Answer Question
    • What key values do you associate with exova?   Answer Question
    • Describe one lab technique to me in detail.   1 Answer
    • What methods do you think we employ in the lab to test samples?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You were told the salary and that's it.

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Exova (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

When I arrived for the interview, the manager allowed me to look over a copy of the interview questions and left the room for 10 minutes, so I could look them over and collect my thoughts and responses to the interview questions. Group interviewed by the operations manager and department team leader.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time from your past that describes when you took initiative.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daventry, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exova (Daventry, England) in May 2015.

Interview

One technique background staff, 1 manager, 1HR staff. Fairly normal interview. Focus on customer service questions and situation questions. Didn't ask much about technique. skills they check are construction mechanical testings, programming, modelling.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of time you relieved excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillington, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exova (Hillington, Scotland) in April 2015.

Interview

One on one interview and tour of the lab facilities. It was the most extensive interview i have ever had due to the sheer number of mandatory questions and the fact the interviewer had to write down all my responses. Interviewer was lovely though and helped redirect if i got off track or tried to help me find an example i could use for some of the mandatory responses.

Interview Questions

• Lots and lots of questions about handling staff and specific situations eg staff not performing   Answer Question

Metallurgist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Exova (Kolkata (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

I mailed them my CV, then I got a call from the recruiter and after some days of review Technical Manager took my telephonic interview. He took almost half an hour interview over phone. The interview questions were mostly of Metallurgical background.

Interview Questions

• Technical question about metallurgical testing process and machines. Only brief.   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exova.

Interview

Interview was easy. They don't really check if you really know what you claim. Tell that you know as much as possible. Question are mostly technical. Some unrelated questions can be asked. Prepare to hear about advancement opportunities and raises but don't believe them. Overall easy interview if you can pretend to know everything and prepared to work for little money.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation.

Clerk - Pion Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Exova in May 2012.

Interview

Had several interviews. They present the company as being a global, progressive, market leader, but they are really a small minded, penny pinching bunch of misers that wring the last bit of of life out of their employees. Don't listen to what they say in the interviews

Interview Questions

• Show us in detail your biggest accomplishment with details of how much it saved your current employer   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate with the company.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.