Expedia Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,651 of over 1,651.0 interviews

Sales Engineer

158 Comments

Join the conversation on

Expedia Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia Group

Interview

Multi-stage process including interviews with members of relevant cross-functional teams as well as a final stage case study presentation with Q&A. The process was lengthy, but well managed by the HR team

Interview Questions
  • Asked a combination of hypothetical questions and STAR style questions
    Answer Question

Expedia Group

Application

I interviewed at Expedia Group

Interview

The interview is good but they canceled the offer for the budget cut. But the manager and engineer in the team is very professional and supportive. I really like them and hope will have chance to work with them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Expedia Group

Application

I interviewed at Expedia Group

Interview

Easy interviews, one with recruiter and one with a member of content team. Pretty casual. Asked relevant questions (how do you think content is produced? How do you keep organized?) Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Expedia Group

Application

I interviewed at Expedia Group

Interview

The interview was easy . The interviewer carefully observed the resume and the explained questions very well. The interviewer asked about the projects you have worked on and is there anything you are presently working on or technologies learning. So the interview had light environment and was easy.

Interview Questions
  • Basic DSA questions including searching sorting with some oops and os questions.

Expedia Group

Application

I interviewed at Expedia Group

Interview

Interviewed by the HR department. They were professional and personable. This initial interview lasted about 20 minutes. Given the complexity of the job, I was a surprised they didn't have someone with a finance background doing the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Since it was an initial interview, the questions were very generic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia Group (New York, NY) in Sep 2021

Interview

They have really poor interview scheduling overall. The phone interviews were scheduled over multiple days, only after multiple repeat reschedulings. They even asked for time slots outside of usual business hours like super late night or super early in the morning for their own conveniences of their employees located in India and UK. All interviews were done over the Zoom calls. I am loading this review while still waiting for their interview result so I marked it as No Offer,... yet. I am wondering if it would be worth working for this company after the interview as the interviews were poorly scheduled and the list of questions from the interviewers made me wonder if the hiring team has some troubles managing their products and releases.

Interview Questions
  • Lots os STAR questions for various situations.
  • Every single interviewers of 6 asked about the situations where things didn't go well or failed and how I handled them.
  • Not a single TECHNICAL question asked for TECHNICAL Product Manager position.

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Expedia Group (New Delhi) in Sep 2021

Interview

The interview process consists of two technical rounds with one HR round . Each round is of 40 mins. In each Technical round , I need to solve 2 coding questions .

Interview Questions
  • I was asked a question to check whether a string is anagram or not ?

Expedia Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia Group

Interview

It was really nice and straightforward. There were always emails sent to you by HR before the interview to give you an overview of what behaviour/competencies/skills/the company's value you will be assessed on which really helped in the interview prep. After applying, an email was sent to let me know I was shortlisted for an initial screening assessment by Hirevue (a video assessment tool). It consists of 5 simple questions, out of which 3 requires you to do a video recording of your responses. The total time needed to complete this assessment is not more than 15 minutes. Then after passing this initial screening, you will then be asked for the initial interview with the hiring team. My experience was with two hiring managers that are separated into two interviews, one in the local language and another in English. The competencies range from Solution Alignment and Agility to Sales, Negotiation, and Account Management. The company's values are Go Get What’s Next, Choose Fearlessly for instance. After passing this part, I was then guided to my final interview with the Director. This interview will be assessing my Growth Mindset, Vision, and Purpose and the company value of Trust Each Other and Include Consciously. Feedback whether you pass this interview was quick, only about a day after. I was then called by the HR team and a verbal offer was given with the email of benefits sent. However, I have to wait for about a week before it was officially approved by the team both locally and in the US to get an official written offer. This part could have been better in terms of letting the candidate know of any updates/status. Once you received the written offer and accepted it, the background check will then start.

Interview Questions
  • Introduce yourself in a form of an elevator pitch.
  • Tell me about the time in your last job that was hard and challenging? The time you failed and what did you do?
  • What would you do if one of your team members are not delivering the standard of work expected?
  • What would you do if one of your team members break your trust?
  • Tell us about one of your most memorable travel experiences
  • How do you prioritize tasks? Run me through how you would manage your tasks and time?
  • Give an example of a time in the past that you need to negotiate? What was the result? Run me through your thoughts?

Expedia Group

Application

I interviewed at Expedia Group

Interview

They didn't initiate the interview process even after clearing the technical assessment. I recieved a mail that I had cleared the assessment. But after that there was no mail for interview. Even though in the contest details it was mentioned that it was an opportunity for internship. And interview would take place after clearing test. It was the worst experience.

Interview Questions
  • As the interview didn't take place there were no interview questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, Geneva

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Geneva, Geneva)

Interview

After having passed the online assessment and 4 interviews, I got informed on the phone that I would be getting an offer shortly. After a week of silence I reached back to hr, who told me that there had been a mistake and I actually was the second favourite candidate so I wouldn't be getting the job. Very bad experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,651 Interviews