Expedia Group Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

Expedia Group Interview Questions in London, England

Interviews at Expedia Group

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia Group (London, England).

Interview

Applied online on their outdated system, they sent me a hackerrank 2 days later. I got 100% on all the hackerrank questions but they ghosted me ever since. I just rejected them because I received an offer somewhere else.

Easy hackerrank questions on strings, array and hashmaps. If you can't solve it, you should consider taking retaking CompSci 101.

I don't like companies that send hackerranks & don't reply after acing it. Respect your candidates time and reject before making them committing to something.

Interview Questions

• String manipulation. Split a string to do some work.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (London, England) in October 2020.

Interview

I was interviewed at Expedia London for an entry level Software Development role.

At first, finished their online assessment with a good score. After 5-6 weeks of the online assessment, I was invited for my final rounds of interviews. I had 3 interviews, 1 Coding Interview, 1 Behavioural Interview and 1 Design Interview with a coding challenge at the end.

Total Coding problems: 3

If you can solve Leetcode easy-medium problems, you can solve anything. I cannot reveal confidential coding problems that were asked in the interviews, but I can say I was asked Leetcode Easy-Level problems. Design interview was more focussed on Object Oriented Programming. Behavioural interview is pretty standard.

My tips to the candidates. Clearly communicate well with the interviewer. The whole purpose of the coding interview was to come to the most optimal solution. But that is okay even if your solution is not the best. Just walkthrough the interviewer clearly until the end. Make sure you review Object Oriented Principles.

Interview Questions

• Basic dynamic programming questions and Leetcode easy problems.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Placement Year Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (London, England) in October 2020.

Interview

Was a great experience where I felt like I was working with the interviewers to solve problems and having a conversation with them, rather than feeling like I was getting interrogated and felt comfortable which gave me an opportunity to sell myself the best I could.

Interview Questions

• If you had to do something differently that you did in the past, how would you change it?   1 Answer

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia Group (London, England) in October 2020.

Interview

The whole process took 4 months. Generally speaking, everybody was nice but the process was inefficient. Additionally, the 3rd of 4 interviews required a task which I never had to present and was never commented on again which felt like a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What kind of technical projects have you lead?
      What tools do you use?
      The volume of water in the lake of Geneva?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia Group (London, England).

Interview

There are many levels of interview loops which HR warned me about in the initial screening - they like you to speak to any many people as possible you could work with in the role

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

One call with a recruiter, and one video chat with the hiring manager which took place a week after. Pretty much the standard, asked about my background, explained the role, and talked more in depth about some work that I'd done. However, despite being told that I was a good fit for the role, I never heard back again. Really disappointed to be completely ghosted like this, even if only two rounds in.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia Group (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Interview process starts with a numerical/situational reasoning test. This must be completed accurately and quickly to be passed onto the interview stage. Although I did not go through, it has prepared me to develop my personal skills to perform better in the near future.

Business Analytics Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I interviewed at Expedia Group (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Online numerical test , then after one month I was invited to an online video interview with a manager. It consisted of behavioural questions, a business case and a statistic test. The interview was very unpersonal and the interviewer was more focused on asking pre-written questions rather than knowing the candidate's personality and motivations for applying. I did this interview 2 months ago and I still haven't received any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Numerical test, behavioural questions, business case, statistics test   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied in august. Received an email offering phone interview at the beginning of october.

Phone interview was standard fare in regards to salary etc.

Face to face started 15 minutes late as interviewer was in a different meeting. Interview was OK after that but didn’t really discuss the role. Focus was on how you would deal with certain situations and familiarity with the app.

After the interview I was told I would hear from the internal recruiter within 7 days. I heard nothing so emailed and received no response. From what I could see from LinkedIn the recruiter had left the company for a job elsewhere. I emailed another recruitment contact there and received no response.

Assume that I didn’t get the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as the role of the product manager within a team?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (London, England).

Interview

Introductory call by hr followed by a business case and a technical task. Then another phone interview to present the business case and finally on site interviews with 4 different people

Interview Questions

• During your previous experiences, tell me about a time where you changed the status quo   3 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.