Slaughter and May Interview Question: Explained my background(where... | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interview Question

ISIP Trainee/Placement Opportunities Interview(Student Candidate) New York, NY (US)

Explained my background(where Im from, where Ive schooled

etc), Why I pursued an LL.M. in America, Why I didn't directly pursue a Trainee contract 2nd year of my LL.B., Why I got x,y,z grades in certain classes, How I improved, Why I didn't return back to my home country since they needed more attorneys.
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

I explained that I have had certain subjects have wanted to focus on and hard the resources now to do so.I wanted an international education so I could have multi-jurisdication exposure. I explained the exam pitfall i had and how I overcame it with practice and guidance from a particular professor. They had concern for my 1st year contract grade, and pointed out that they would not have selected me for an interview in their usual trainee recruitment process because of their screening system-so i do think that if you don't have high 2:1s/1sts in your LL.B. for certain courses you have to be prepared that this is a huge factor for them.

Interview Candidate on 25 Aug 2015

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.