Express Vending Sales and Marketing Graduate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 42 interviews

Interviews at Express Vending

Positive33%
Negative67%
Applied online100%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Express Vending

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express Vending

Interview

*disclaimer* I had this interview a few years ago now so things might have changed Honestly the fact I was put through this interview horrifies anyone I speak to and in a weird way I’m thankful because it seems I got an insight into the company culture that was a massive red flag for what it (from looking on here) is actually like. I had a formal interview first and then some weird psychoanalysis by a member of senior management that consisted of him completely slating my education (I’m a first class graduate from a top 10 uni), my parents thoughts about my choices, and what ‘car my dad drives’, ‘what car my sister drives’.... There is no way to really articulate how unprofessional and misogynistic this bully was. Prior to this I found the more formal interview very vacuous and, for what of a better phrase, basic. My advice to anyone would be don’t fall for how well this company markets itself to grads. There are a lot better opportunities out there!

Interview Questions
  • What car did I want to drive in 5 years How expensive did I want my house to me
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemel Hempstead, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express Vending (Hemel Hempstead, England, England)

Interview

So firstly, after sending off my CV, I had a telephone interview. I thought it went well, and I was invited to the assessment day there and then. The assessment day was held in an events space in central London (do not let this fool you - you will be working NOWHERE near London). The day started off quite nicely, everyone in the room had to stand up individually and introduce themselves: Name, University, proudest accomplishment and dream car. This did take a while due to the fact there were 40+ people attending. After introductions, we played a game which involved team work and creating a maze on paper. It was a fun activity, the sort of thing I would have enjoyed as an ice breaker task, but I don't think it gave the assessors ANY chance to view our personalities, team working skills.. or anything for that matter. After this, we had a second task which involved debating with a partner; I actually really enjoyed this and felt it finally gave me a chance to show my personality. After the 2 activities, names were called and everyone was split into two rooms. At this point, half of the candidates got sent home. Now, I do understand that assessment days can be a little savage, but some candidates had travelled hours and hours, and didn't even get offered lunch before being sent home! The remaining 20-odd candidates then had lunch (I would just like to add here; I was chatting to one of the assessors at lunch and simply asked "so the role obviously revolves alot around sales, I'm just wondering where the marketing aspect comes in?"; he simply laughed in my face and said "don't beleive everything you see on the internet, they just put that in to attract more graduates"... so, if you're applying to the Express Vending graduate scheme for the marketing aspects, think again!!!! Event hough it's in the job title!!!). After lunch, we gave individual presentations. I really enjoyed this aspect but again, if you aren't to their liking, they send you home there and then so be prepared for that. As one of the 10 successful candidates, I then got invited to a final interview... and this is where it all begins to go terribly wrong (sorry for the long winded story, I just want to make sure I include all the important details). I had my interview with one head of the department - to put it bluntly, he absolutely loved the sound of his own voice. In total the interview lasted 1.5 hours, and I reckon 80% of that time he was talking at me. I was **interrogated** about my school life, e.g. why I chose the GCSE's I did, why I went to private school (all things I felt were slightly irrelevant). I also got asked things like, how many siblings do I have, where did my parents meet (!!??!!). After discussing school, we completely jumped past discussing my A-Levels and my relevant university studies, and the interviewer went on a LONG rant about how hard the job will be. After an hour and half had past, and he had finally finished his rant, and concluded the inteview - at which point I was very confused as I hadn't been asked anything about why I wanted the role, or why I thought I would be an asset to the company. I was made to wait in the room for about 20 minutes, after this, I was told "as we know you haven't travelled very far, we would like you to come back for another interview". Now, I had driven an hour to get to that interview, which I consider pretty far, AND I had previously been informed that there was only one interview! Anyway, I agreed and was told I would receive the details that day. I waited over a week to receive the details, and by this point I knew I definitely did not want to work for Express Vending. I came away from the first interview feeling interrogated and unfairly treated, and the more I read other reviews on Glassdoor I realised how all the negative comments are true. If you accept a job at Express Vending, be prepared for an 'each man for themselves' culture, in the middle of nowhere an Industrial estate. PLEASE don't ignore all the bad reviews like I did, it REALLY is not worth your time, money, or effort. At this point, I was a little confused as

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Express Vending

Application

I interviewed at Express Vending

Interview

Applied online and was emailed about a telephone interview. I was then asked to pick a date and I was interviewed by a nice lady and talked through my CV, goals, universities, hobbies etc.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed