F5 Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

F5 Networks Interview Questions

Updated 21 Sep 2018

3.1

Knowledge Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Typical tech company 4-hour intensive. Back to back 1-on-1 interviews with each of the team members. I met with each member of the team, and they focused on their particular area of interest. The uber-techs on the team made sure I had basic knowledge of networking principles, including the TCP/IP stack. Since my role on the team was mostly focused on communications, each asked me to tell a story about how I had addressed communicating complex technical topics to non-technical audiences in the past. My role was an odd one, and the company invented the title "Knowledge Engineer" for me, since I didn't really fit into any of their existing job titles.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were focused on library science techniques... keyword lexicography, versioning of dynamic documents, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

During conversations with the hiring manager, the compensation range was discussed, as well as the benefits package. So when the offer came in, the manager explained clearly and in detail why he chose that number, what it meant for my future earning potential at the company, and I agreed with his decision and the offer. Simple, easy, and foreshadowed an excellent working relationship with my manager that continued throughout my employment there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at F5 Networks (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

one telephonic , asked about project i have worked, skills set, OS understanding and C programming skills.
    Manager spoke about the team and what project they are handling . Called for in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How to download a 1TB file from Server to client, different process involved, window scaling, sliding window etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at F5 Networks (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Had Employee Referral and had to make a quick decision, so they got me onsite
    4 (1-1) + Paper based test
    1st Interview:
    Drilled a lot on projects and why this is how things were, was a pretty serious guy and never smiled not even when he entered the room.
    How to find a circular list and the starting point of circular list
    2nd Interview:
    No of 1's in a number
    the next 2 power of a number
    3rd Interview:
    Question on hashing function (how routing tables ) are designed
    4th Interview:
    Implement a code to print elements in binary tree on each level (non -recursive)
    5th Interview:
    Systems questions (how malloc works, how is memory made of up (stack, heap))

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I handed over my resume to them at a career fair which was held at school. After about a month, they e-mailed me to confirm my phone number. I scheduled an interview with them via phone call, and the interview was on campus. After that, all contacts were by e-mails.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks.

Interview

I've applied online and heard back within 2 weeks telling me that they would like to schedule a 45 minutes phone interview with the hiring manager. After that, I've been invited to onsite and had two onsite rounds and one written coding test. I can't tell the questions because of NDA but I could say overall they've tried to touch every area that you might know.

It seemed like they were interested in what you know and how you think. They never say enough, as soon as you keep talking and solving the problem, trying to figure out how much you know. I've had two proper coding questions on board and one data structure design question for a given problem and two open ended problem solving and past experience related questions. There were also behavioral questions.

At the end of the second round, the recruiter came and said they wanted to move on and give an offer on the spot. I was caught off guard but was happy that the process was faster. The whole process (two rounds and offer, excluding the time between phone and on sites) took a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate as I had several other offers but the package offered was good and competitive. It had a slight edge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at F5 Networks (San Jose, CA (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewer asked questions mainly on technologies I was not familiar with. I told him that I didn't know those technologies, but he still proceeded with the questions, which makes me think he had a set list of questions and wasn't prepared to alter the interview based on the applicant.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks.

Interview

It took about three weeks and the person interview me is very nice. The first interview is basically about your resume and the second interview is a code problem. They would also want to see your code style

Interview Questions

• Count character num in a string and find the first occurrence of a character   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Bellevue, WA (US)).

Interview

2 rounds of phone interview, 1 onsite include 4 different person. Onsite also has some questions in paper given 30min to solve. Technical quesitons including white board coding and system design. Office is good.

Interview Questions

• Design Seattle transportation system, what will you do if you got a great amount of money   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

After applying online, I was send a link to hackerrank. The questions were too easy to be true. 2 coding and a few MCQs. The time limit was 75 min but I was able to complete it in less than 15 mins. After waiting a week for the update I send a mail to the recruiter asking about the status. In a total of 4 weeks I had send 4 mails with no reply from the recruiter and then later just an automated mail that i wasn't selected for the next round.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call. Flew over to Seattle for an interview. Met with the hiring manager. The interveiws was a relay of interviews four which covered several topics about the skills needed for the job. Some of the interviewers did not seem like they were on board with the method. Took about two hours in total. Got a phone call back regarding my interview back in a couple of days.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.