F5 Networks Knowledge Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at F5 Networks

1 Interview Review

4.0

Knowledge Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Typical tech company 4-hour intensive. Back to back 1-on-1 interviews with each of the team members. I met with each member of the team, and they focused on their particular area of interest. The uber-techs on the team made sure I had basic knowledge of networking principles, including the TCP/IP stack. Since my role on the team was mostly focused on communications, each asked me to tell a story about how I had addressed communicating complex technical topics to non-technical audiences in the past. My role was an odd one, and the company invented the title "Knowledge Engineer" for me, since I didn't really fit into any of their existing job titles.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were focused on library science techniques... keyword lexicography, versioning of dynamic documents, etc.   2 Answers

Negotiation

During conversations with the hiring manager, the compensation range was discussed, as well as the benefits package. So when the offer came in, the manager explained clearly and in detail why he chose that number, what it meant for my future earning potential at the company, and I agreed with his decision and the offer. Simple, easy, and foreshadowed an excellent working relationship with my manager that continued throughout my employment there.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.