F5 Networks Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

F5 Networks Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at F5 Networks

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at F5 Networks (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

one telephonic , asked about project i have worked, skills set, OS understanding and C programming skills.
Manager spoke about the team and what project they are handling . Called for in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How to download a 1TB file from Server to client, different process involved, window scaling, sliding window etc   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for F5 Networks

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at F5 Networks (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Had Employee Referral and had to make a quick decision, so they got me onsite
    4 (1-1) + Paper based test
    1st Interview:
    Drilled a lot on projects and why this is how things were, was a pretty serious guy and never smiled not even when he entered the room.
    How to find a circular list and the starting point of circular list
    2nd Interview:
    No of 1's in a number
    the next 2 power of a number
    3rd Interview:
    Question on hashing function (how routing tables ) are designed
    4th Interview:
    Implement a code to print elements in binary tree on each level (non -recursive)
    5th Interview:
    Systems questions (how malloc works, how is memory made of up (stack, heap))

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I handed over my resume to them at a career fair which was held at school. After about a month, they e-mailed me to confirm my phone number. I scheduled an interview with them via phone call, and the interview was on campus. After that, all contacts were by e-mails.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks.

Interview

I've applied online and heard back within 2 weeks telling me that they would like to schedule a 45 minutes phone interview with the hiring manager. After that, I've been invited to onsite and had two onsite rounds and one written coding test. I can't tell the questions because of NDA but I could say overall they've tried to touch every area that you might know.

It seemed like they were interested in what you know and how you think. They never say enough, as soon as you keep talking and solving the problem, trying to figure out how much you know. I've had two proper coding questions on board and one data structure design question for a given problem and two open ended problem solving and past experience related questions. There were also behavioral questions.

At the end of the second round, the recruiter came and said they wanted to move on and give an offer on the spot. I was caught off guard but was happy that the process was faster. The whole process (two rounds and offer, excluding the time between phone and on sites) took a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate as I had several other offers but the package offered was good and competitive. It had a slight edge.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Bellevue, WA (US)).

Interview

2 rounds of phone interview, 1 onsite include 4 different person. Onsite also has some questions in paper given 30min to solve. Technical quesitons including white board coding and system design. Office is good.

Interview Questions

• Design Seattle transportation system, what will you do if you got a great amount of money   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks.

Interview

It took about three weeks and the person interview me is very nice. The first interview is basically about your resume and the second interview is a code problem. They would also want to see your code style

Interview Questions

• Count character num in a string and find the first occurrence of a character   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Firstly an introductory phone call interview which lasted for about 15 mins.
    Three rounds of onsite interview of 45mins each.
     Questions asked were based on resume, one coding problem, networking and Linux basics.

Interview Questions

• Easy Linux command line questions
      ls, grep, find   Answer Question
    • Explain OSI model
      Explain TCP 3-way handshake
      IPv4 and IPv6 addresses   Answer Question
    • Coding question:
      Write a Translate function.
      Input:
      Set1: abc
      Set2: 123
      Text: aaabbbcc

Final output expected as Translated text: 11122233   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

After applying online, I was send a link to hackerrank. The questions were too easy to be true. 2 coding and a few MCQs. The time limit was 75 min but I was able to complete it in less than 15 mins. After waiting a week for the update I send a mail to the recruiter asking about the status. In a total of 4 weeks I had send 4 mails with no reply from the recruiter and then later just an automated mail that i wasn't selected for the next round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

First applied for the job and got an interview call in 2 weeks. First-round lasted for about 60 mins. Had some coding questions.Got 2 /2 on coding questions correct but didn't get selected for the next round. Really didn't know the exact reason.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online. After about a week, a recruiter reached out and scheduled an HR screening over the phone. The job description did not require a CS degree. I have a B.S. in another technical field, and the recruiter assured me that I could be successful in the role without a CS background. We then scheduled a technical phone/skype interview with the hiring manager.

The skype interview went really well. I had to write some algorithms in JS using a browser IDE. I came up with efficient solutions for each problem and the hiring manager acknowledged this. As I mentioned, I don't have a CS degree, but the position was for a GUI/Front-End engineer and I have a lot of experience with JS (and all of the other requisite front-end skills). A few days after the phone interview the recruiter reached out and scheduled a final on-site interview.

They say that an interview is a two-way street, i.e. the employer is interviewing you, but you are also interviewing the employer. F5 failed their on-site interview with me.

The interview included four separate one-hour sessions, with four white male engineers. My interview was scheduled to start at 8:00am. I checked in with reception at 7:51am, my first interviewer was late and came to get me at 8:20am (20 minutes late).

At the start of each session, the interviewer would ask, "Which position is this for again?". They had no idea what they were interviewing me for. I was asked a bunch of systems engineering and Java related questions by the first three interviewers. I obviously struggled because I have almost no experience in these areas (and I definitely didn't include those as skills on my resume).

The last interviewer started the session by explaining that you cannot be successful at F5 without a B.S. in Computer Science. He suggested that I go back to school if I want to work there. He then explained what he does at F5 (systems engineering) and how difficult his job would be without a CS degree. He concluded his diatribe, shook my hand, and showed me out of the building. He didn't even humor me with a technical question.

I totally understand that some jobs are impossible without a CS degree, and I respect that. But don't string me along for two months acting like I don't need one, then have the final panel spring it on me as a requirement. Also, I noticed that I wasn't asked a single behavioral or "cultural fit" question. I could have been an argumentative jerk or a racist and they would have hired me if my Java skills were up to snuff.

I had an offer in hand from another company, when I went into the final interview at F5. After the interview I got in my car, took out my phone, and accepted the offer at the other company. I'm grateful to F5 for making a difficult career decision much easier.

Interview Questions

• Systems engineering, Java, nothing related to the Front-end or UI,   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.