FCA Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

FCA Senior Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at FCA

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FCA (London, England).

Interview

Interview structure - 45 minute case study, then competency interview which lasted for the expected duration (45-60 minutes).

Case study - task was to read an excerpt of information and produce a briefing on whether the FCA should take forward the recommendations (risks, benefits etc).

Interview - questions weren't too difficult. If you plan around the behaviors i.e judgement, self management it should be relatively straightforward.

Did not hear back on the outcome (unsuccessful) until I chased. HR are notorious for this - I speak from experience. Weeks on and no follow-up communication or feedback. No replies to emails either. Not a nice way to treat people.

Journey to Stratford was awful. Canary Wharf office was much better. Turnover is high, influenced by the move.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FCA

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FCA.

Interview

2 interviews with hiring manager. Generally fairly straightforward and a short case study to complete during the interview. Phoned a week or so later with an offer. Offer accepted but have now left the fca.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FCA (London, England).

Interview

Interview started off with a discussion of my background and work experience, followed by a few competency questions and then finally a more informal chat about the work and an opportunity for me to ask questions.

I felt the interview was average. The interviewers were friendly and engaged.

However, overall this was a very negative experience.

Firstly, because it took over a month from applying to be invited for interview without hearing anything.

Secondly, because after interview I did not hear back from the FCA. I assumed I had not been successful and asked for a formal outcome - they said they would respond the following week. They didn’t and I chased again. I also asked for feedback. Two months after interview they haven’t provided a formal outcome or any feedback to me. I think this is quite rude and inconsiderate and it is reflects the organisation poorly. It would put me off applying to the FCA again.

Interview Questions

• Several specific questions about my background and skills.
      Asked about my understanding of the role and what it entailed.
      Asked about why I had applied for the role and what aspects of the role interested me.
      Asked several competency based questions including on decision making and communication.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FCA (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

Competency based. Very process driven and slow. You need to write a 300 hundred word essay on why you are suitable for the role and then you are invited for an interview and case study. The case study usually involves identifying three key risks and designing a plan to mitigate these. The interview is painful; you are asked a series of questions such as:

• What have been some of your key achievements in your most recent role(s)?
    • Please talk me through your understanding of the key responsibilities of the role you have applied for.
    • Which aspects of your work experience are most relevant to this role?
    • What prompted your interest in this role?
    • How would you see this role contributing to the team/department's aims?
    • What would you hope to achieve in this role?
    • What do you anticipate will be some of the challenges you would need to deal with in this role?
    • What personal challenges do you think you would face taking on this role?

Interview Questions

• Given examples of using judgement, drive and stakeholder management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FCA (London, England) in November 2015.

Interview

Firstly 300 words descibing what skills and experience you have that are applicable to the job spec.

This was followed by a case study where i had to describe risks associated in a particular secor and how i would address these risks.

lastly was a normal competecy based interview covering teamwork, etc.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FCA (London, England) in August 2015.

Interview

two parts:

I]. Case study
    - In one hour one needs to review over 15+pages of a specific firm wishing to apply to the FCA for authorization
    - Decide what the 3 most important risk are (b) why do you think they are and (c) give recommendations as how to mitigate these risks

2. Presentation
    Expose your observations to the two interviewers in 15mns

3. Q&A : 15mns
    The interviewers ask further question about the case study

II] Interview

Interview Questions

• For one hour normal interview with usual questions about motivation, past experience, competency, and time to ask questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at FCA (London, England) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online just right before the deadline, got a brief call from HR asking why I wanted to apply, and was invited for an assessment centre two weeks later.

I spent a lot of time trying to learn more about the role and the current regulations. Unfortunately this proved to be rather useless...during the panel interview I received exactly one question about my understanding of the role. All other questions were competency based, pretty much the same like when you go to a graduate assessment centre.

The second part was a case study which was not related to the job description at all. You get 90 minutes to issue a recommendation with a certain amount of data missing. There were only a couple of follow up questions as your interviewer has gone through this case study many, many times.

I am aware that the FCA wants to maintain 100% objectivity, but at the same time I have to admit that this may have been one of my most dreadful interview experiences ever.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you had to use your influence to convince someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FCA (London, England) in April 2015.

Interview

telephone interview, second stage - case study and interview. Silly legal questions - took me by surprise and I had difficulties remembering the basics! Felt like it was an interview for a graduate, if that. I had prepared for a good debate/in-depth discussion on current issues facing the FCA. Not basic law questions. Very bad selection method and they wasted my time and lot of people who put time and effort into the application/preperation!

Interview Questions

• Tell us the elements of/which rule would you use to tackle a certain market behaviour.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FCA (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

One interview with two managers in the division. They had the flexibility to design the process of interviews. The questions were a mix of technical and behavioural questions. It would be a good idea to thoroughly review the FCA website before an interview, especially for information and developments about the division you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Which type of credit firm would you prioritise for regulation.
      Why do you want to work for the FCA.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FCA (London, England) in August 2011.

Interview

Extensive competency review and writing exercise

Interview Questions

• case study writing exercise   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.