FDM Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1,152 Interview Reviews

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at FDM Group (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in January 2016.

Interview

Das Vorstellungsgespräch verlief ganz klassisch. Kurze Vorstellung des Personalers und anschließend soll man seinen eigenen Lebenslauf erzählen. Warum man was studiert hat und warum man sich dort beworben hat. Zuletzt sollte man noch etwas über seine Hobbies auf englisch erzählen. Insgesamt empfinde ich das Vorstellungsgespräch sehr positiv

Interview Questions

FDM Group Response

3 Jul 2017 – Marketing Executive - Germany

Vielen Dank für dein positives Feedback!

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Dallas, TX (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

multiple phone interviews, basic technical interview, aptitude test, and final skype interview
    phone interviews are easy, just basic research on the position and company is enough.
    video interview is important, they look for concise answers with examples.
    aptitude test is easy, basic math and logic questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

Brief phone interview about yourself, followed by an online or in-person assesment test (logic and pseudo code). Last round consists of 2 interviews from HR and Tech Instructor. Overall, the process was very easy and straightforward. The interviewers were very nice.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FDM Group (Reston, VA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Hour long presentation on FDM, followed by short basic math test, logic test, and three one on one interviews. The math test was very basic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division). The logic test was mostly just pseudocode, and puzzles. It also had some random questions like ranking GB to KB. The tests are timed, but I don't think anyone came close to running out of time.

Interview Questions

• They provided pseudocode and asked what the program would do.   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Reston, VA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Went to their office in Virginia to take an assessment test. First part was an IT aptitude test, then it was followed by an arithmetic test. The questions are not hard at all. It was followed by an interview with one the hiring managers. The whole thing took around 4 hours because there are other interviewees as well.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

They asked for a phone interview shortly after i applied online. The phone section was non technical standard interview questions.

I was then asked to take a recorded video interview. I was given 60 seconds between questions and allowed up to 3 days to take this section. 2 days later i was asked to come into their assessment center located in wall street.

I learned that their training policy had attached to it a value of 20,000. This money is paid either through the completion of your training and taken as part of your contract or directly out of your pockets.

This is where i decided i would not be proceeding with FDM.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose FDM?
      What was your GPA?
      What was your degree?
      What did you choose IT?   Answer Question

Java Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

Went to a seminar. Sent resume. Took three tests and three interviews. One test was arithmetic. The other tested logical and programming skills. The other was on set theoretical concepts.

Java Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First phone interview with basic Java questions. Mostly with be by a non technical sales team member. Might be OOD concepts too.
    Second an in house interview (or phone depending on where you are). Interview consists on them having about 15 people do a basic evaluation, sort of like an IQ test with three different parts.
    Following is a three part interview with two account managers (the people who are in charge of placing you with a client) and one developer. Each about 10 minutes long. They'll determine if you're place-able and trainable.

Java Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

The assessment day was from 9 to 3ish, we were told to be there by 8:45am. We took 3 tests, Math Logic test, Math test, and Venn Diagram test. After that we had lunch, and then a brief presentation from hr about the contract and salary. After we waited like around 30 minutes for the interviewers to come down. There were 3 interviewers. The interviews were fairly easy. 3 5 minute interviews. They probably will get to only ask 2-3 questions depending on how long you answer. The recruiter outside times the interview so when the 5 minutes are up she will knock on the door. Concluding , I felt that the interviews were really easy. Rather the Venn Diagram test was the hardest.

Interview Questions

• Ice breaker question - How are you?,etc
      Asks about your resume, so be familiar with resume
      Any follow up questions on whatever answer you give   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

I recently went in for their assessment day in NYC. I will be starting training in a week.

The assessment day consisted of an hour long written test and two one-on-one interviews. The test is composed of some technical questions, some project management questions, coding examples and questions on them. You don't need more than a first semester programming course to answer the questions about the example code. If you're a project management applicant, I believe they mark you more leniently because they don't expect you to have a background in programming.

My first interview was a technical one where I was asked about the skills I wrote on my resume (if you wrote something there, you better know it - at least somewhat) and I was asked to show some code I had written.

My second interview was more to see how interested I was in FDM in general, what fields I'd be more interested in, how my previous experiences (work + college) affect my ideas about how my career should look in the future, etc.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't ready for questions about skills which were mentioned on my resume but which I had only minimal exposure to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Company puts you through a 4 month training process as their trainee and after training is over they get you an interview with one of their clients. They have a contract for 2 years that starts once you are placed with one of their clients.

Interview process was a brief introduction and powerpoint followed up by a competency test which consisted of basic programming questions and a few logic questions. Then was a technical interview followed by an HR interview, neither were terribly difficult.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.