FDM Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1,595 Interview Reviews

2.4

ITSM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Upload your resume and get a phone screening. After that, you speak with the recruiter on the phone to go more in depth about your experience and the next steps. You will complete a video interview and aptitude assessment. The recruiter will follow-up with the results and if you are being moved to the final round. The final round consists of both behavioral and technical interviews.

ITSM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

You upload a resume, and get a phone screening. If approved, you come in for an in-person interview- known as assessment day. They ask behavioral and technical questions, as well as logic questions taken on an iPad.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FDM Group (Reston, VA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Hour long presentation on FDM, followed by short basic math test, logic test, and three one on one interviews. The math test was very basic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division). The logic test was mostly just pseudocode, and puzzles. It also had some random questions like ranking GB to KB. The tests are timed, but I don't think anyone came close to running out of time.

Interview Questions

• They provided pseudocode and asked what the program would do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

There was a phone screening with a recruiter, followed by video call (really a recording of your answers), a technical test (which was pretty easy if you know basic CS concepts), and then an onsite where you are herded with other candidates and take turns to interview 3 or 4 employees.

Interview Questions

• Follow this flow diagram. What is thd output of this program.   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (Reston, VA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

They called me and set up an in-person interview at their office in Virginia. Didn't compensate for anything and could've been done over or through the phone. Wasted my time and money for them and that honestly made me do my interview poorly.

Interview Questions

• Difference between linked list and array; several data structures questions   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group in March 2019.

Interview

Recruiting and management was unorganized. Technical interviewer was extremely friendly and knowledgable.

Base pay during 2-year contract:
    1st year $45k
    2nd year $52k

FDM Group is good if you require a class-setting to learn, and don't mind being severely underpaid. Otherwise, you're better off dedicating 2-3 months contract-free to use online resources and find a job that pays at LEAST $60-70k/yr. FDM Group has decent connections (BoA, Fannie Mae, etc.), but it's not worth the 2-year contract.

1. Initial phone screening by a recruiter (~10 min)
    What's your background?
    Why did you apply to this role?
    What do you know about FDM?
    What value(s) of FDM best represent you?

2. a. Online assessment (60 min):
    Predict output of various variables from same flowchart
    Easy logic questions
    A couple easy math (algebra-level) questions
    b. Video short answers (90s each) :
    What's a hobby of yours?
    What happens if you can't make a deadline?
    How do you act in new situations?
    How do you gain more knowledge about a topic?
    What's an example of a setback and how you overcame it?

3. a. Account manager (10 min):
    What happens if you can't make a deadline?
    If a stakeholder wants to change a deadline to earlier, how would you respond?
    How do you work in a team?
    b. "Technical" Interview (20 min) - I had a resume with Java experience:
    Explain class versus object
    What is a linked list - how does it compare with an array
    What is inheritance, polymorphism
    What does the keyword “static” mean
    Is Java pass by reference or pass by value

Interview Questions

• If a stakeholder wants to change a deadline to earlier, how would you respond?   1 Answer
    • What happens if you can't make a deadline?   1 Answer
    • How do you gain more knowledge about a topic?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied on their website and the next day I got a call from a recruiter who emailed two links one for a video mock interview. They have a video of a person asking an interview question and you have to record your response. the audio on the video was a little hard for me to hear and so a called the recruiter who was very responsive. they give you a test and give you about an hour to complete it. it consists of mostly mock pseudocode couple word and logic problems. If you pass the recruiter will give you a call and try to get you for their assessment/interview day. They will have a powerpoint presentation about their company. they will call you into a room individually and give you two interviews, one behavioral and one technical. Behavior is standard interview questions and technical I suggest you just study some questions people have listed on this site, that's how I studied for it.

Interview Questions

• online questions: all multiple choice
      in terms of quantities of data, which option gives the correct order. TB GB MB KB
      regex questions
      arrays loops
      flow chart with inputs and you solve for the outputs
      interview behavioral:
      do you prefer team or individual work?
      is it better to complete your work on a task by task basis or work or an end goal?
      what would you do if a client wanted to move up a deadline on a project?
      how do you keep yourself motivated when you work on a project.
      Technical:
      4 pillars of OOP
      what does pwd mean?
      explain overriding
      what is a primary key   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after applying for the position. Had a 15-20 minute phone interview about my interest and was asked basic questions.

Passed that section, so then I was asked to do a video interview and an aptitude test. The video interview was 6 pre-recorded questions. The aptitude test was a timed test, 50 minutes max with logic questions.

I made it to the onsite interview, but that hasn't taken place yet.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview, then test/screen interview and finally the at location interview. So a lot of little things but none of them are difficult, they just want to know if you have a basic understanding on your topic and are teachable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

HR was very friendly and quick to respond with the application process. The onsite interview consisted of a presentation and then several rounds behavioral questions and a technical portion, which was fairly simple.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.