FDM Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 14 Dec 2017

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at FDM Group (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in January 2016.

Interview

Das Vorstellungsgespräch verlief ganz klassisch. Kurze Vorstellung des Personalers und anschließend soll man seinen eigenen Lebenslauf erzählen. Warum man was studiert hat und warum man sich dort beworben hat. Zuletzt sollte man noch etwas über seine Hobbies auf englisch erzählen. Insgesamt empfinde ich das Vorstellungsgespräch sehr positiv

Interview Questions

FDM Group Response

3 Jul 2017 – Marketing Executive - Germany

Vielen Dank für dein positives Feedback!

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

The interview process was very easy, I was contacted by a recruiter who set me up with a virtual interview. After passing through that round I proceeded to go in for an interview day where I had 3 interviews with different associates followed by 3 tests. The tests were the hardest part, particularly set theory because I hadn't studied that before but aside from that everything went really well. They started the interview day with an introduction and company overview where you had the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client didn't like your proposal?   Answer Question

PMO Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

I applied online, then had 2 phone interviews, 1 online assessment, and 2 Skype interviews. Online assessment was not hard, just need to know how to read simple pseudocode and flow charts. One of the skype interview was technical interview and the other one was a behavioral (strengths) interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between java and python?   Answer Question
    • How would you respond if there is a sudden change on a project you are working on?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Initially, had a phone interview with the company, then a video strengths-based interview asking general interview questions such as "what would you do in this situation" etc. Afterwards, spent a day at the headquarters for assessments and more interviews. Assessments covered various topics with different lengths with 3 interviews after. First, was the Technical interview more geared to ask about knowledge in software as well as asking direct programming questions about Java. Other interviews were simple behavioral and logical ones asking general interview questions as well. FDM got back to me within two days but unfortunately not with an offer for their academy program.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Brief phone screening interview followed by a video interview. The video interview was pre-made questions where you answered by recording yourself and it was then sent off. The questions weren't too crazy but I'm just not a fan of these kinds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the technology industry?   1 Answer
    • When did you encounter a setback?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

** This is all off the top of my head. I will try to be as detailed as possible. This review is for the on-site assessment. Names will not be mentioned. **

Applied directly on the website via LinkedIn.

Received an email from a recruiter two days later.

No scheduled call, recruiter called me arbitrarily when I was with a client-- So missed call. I returned the called and left a voicemail. No response, received the return call exactly 15 days later.

After the phone info session, the recruiter left me with a link to do a live-recorded session of roughly 5-6 behavioral questions. They allowed you 30 seconds before the recording starts to formulate your response to their questions. They give you what seems like three days to complete, however please mind the time zone difference. You have to complete the recording session in GMT+1 time, so if you're on the east coast--It's roughly 6 hours ahead.

Two business days later, the recruiter scheduled me into an interview date for the following week. Which you have to confirm via email that you'll be attending.

On the interview date, you're required to bring a government photo ID, printed copy of resume, and printed code example that you've done. The process is a long grueling 6 hours, you're expected to arrive at 8:45 AM and finish by 3-4 PM, fully suited up in business attire. This means jacket, pants, shoes, shirt, and tie.

When you walk in, you'll be greeted by FDM staff. Water, tea, and pastries/bagels are off to the side of the testing room. You'll walk by classrooms in session and every room is behind glass partitions.

In the test room, you'll have to grab a seat of your choice. At 9:00 AM, you'll be greeted by the HR manager. This person will debrief you on the entire brochure that they already sent out in the earlier interviews. This is assuming that you haven't already read everything about the company already. They proceed to give you niche facts about how they employ minorities, returning women, and veterans. Following this, is an ice-breaker of all of the test takers to introduce themselves out loud.

A form will be given to you to confirm your continued interest and relocation availability. Which you'll have to sign and agree that you understand the -$30,000 penalty owed to FDM if you choose to resign or be dismissed by FDM after the 14 day induction period. The two year contract begins after the initial 4 month training period. You are eligible for sick/vacation days after your training is complete or you are placed with a job, whichever one is quicker. You get 15 work days worth of vacations for the entire year after placement. You'll have to sign it to continue.

You'll be given an iPad with an application with very dated UI/UX, you'll have to click once and be patient for it to register. The logic on the application is concerning as it's proprietary to FDM, which made me second guess my future with FDM.

The assessment test is roughly 2 1/4 hours long:
    - Written Test (15 minutes)
    - IT Aptitude Test (50 minutes) (30 questions~ multiple choice)
    - Arithmetic/Math (20 minutes) (20 questions~ input fields)
    - Set Notation (50 minutes) (30 questions~ multiple choice/input fields)

Written test, "Describe why you would be a good candidate for FDM?".

IT Aptitude, consists of: Pseudo code, IF/ELSE flowcharts, some basic logic questions, they provide you with their own syntax and you'll have to answer multiple choice questions .

Arithmetic/Math, consists of: Fractions, basic long digit math, percentile, linear/quadratic equations.

Set Notation, they will provide you a reference manual on how to comprehend sets. Venndiagram sets, numbered sets, and lettered sets.

Following this, you'll have to complete 3 short interviews in rapid fire sessions. Each containing 4-6 questions or more, depending on their continued interest in you as a candidate. This better helps them understand both your capacity and interest. Just relax and listen carefully.

The next morning, I received an email of rejection. Indicating that I did not meet their minimum requirements.

Best of luck to interested candidates, I hope my review has served you well!

** Please take my review with a grain of salt, this is purely off of the top of my head and I might've missed parts of the procedure! **

Interview Questions

• Describe your proudest achievement/moment?   Answer Question
    • JAVA: Is Java pass by reference or pass by value?   1 Answer
    • SQL: How do you read from a table?   1 Answer
    • CS: What is the difference between a class and an object?   1 Answer
    • UNIX: What command do you use to open a file in the terminal/console?   Answer Question
    • Would you put your own self interest before your team?   1 Answer
    • Describe to me, a recently project that you've worked on?   Answer Question
    • If you are assigned a task that you have no experience with and you knew that a co-worker from a different department that does. How would you approach this person for help?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest strength?   Answer Question
    • If you had to do a presentation for an FDM client, how would you best represent FDM?   Answer Question
    • In your opinion, what is the one thing that can significantly affect a programming language?
      (I think Java, as it was pertaining to their curriculum path)   Answer Question

Developer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was kind of a long process considering the 3rd step had 4 separate parts that I did not think were all necessary. They were not too hard but I thought it was kind of excessive.

Interview Questions

• Is Java pass by value or pass by reference   1 Answer
    • What is the most difficult scenario you've faced in the last year   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online for a resume screening. After that there was a phone screening followed by a video interview, two online test. Lastly a phone and Skype interview.

FDM Group Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

First I received a phone call from the FDM group after meeting them at my university job fair, we scheduled a phone interview and they asked me several general questions such as if i was okay with relocating and why FDM group, then i had to confirm some things like my GPA, the degree that I am pursuing, my graduation date and when I will be ready to start the job training.
    After that I did the phone interview, It was a 25 minutes phone interview with just general questions then after the phone interview in matter of days i received an email with instructions for a Video interview. Then i did the video interview, it is a pre recorded 6 general strength questions and I had 5 days to finish the interview it was not mandatory to be done in one day. After that I received another phone call to schedule an in person interview at the FDM office in Wall Street.

Interview Questions

• What was your proudest achievement?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want a career in IT?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to be relocated?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for FDM?   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose your major?   Answer Question
    • If you are close to a deadline but you are not done with your job, would you sacrifice the quality to meet the deadline? What would you do?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

Overall it was a good experience. A test followed by short in person interviews which were 5-6min each. Then interview was with their client. I was interviewed in 4 panels. Asked some basic to intermediate tech questions.

Software Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was long. both interviews were technical. the 2nd interviewer seemed tired and rushed the interview she probably told me off, made it the final round didnt get it

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.