FDM Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 19 Oct 2017

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at FDM Group (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in January 2016.

Interview

Das Vorstellungsgespräch verlief ganz klassisch. Kurze Vorstellung des Personalers und anschließend soll man seinen eigenen Lebenslauf erzählen. Warum man was studiert hat und warum man sich dort beworben hat. Zuletzt sollte man noch etwas über seine Hobbies auf englisch erzählen. Insgesamt empfinde ich das Vorstellungsgespräch sehr positiv

Interview Questions

FDM Group Response

3 Jul 2017 – Marketing Executive - Germany

Vielen Dank für dein positives Feedback!

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

** This is all off the top of my head. I will try to be as detailed as possible. This review is for the on-site assessment. Names will not be mentioned. **

Applied directly on the website via LinkedIn.

Received an email from a recruiter two days later.

No scheduled call, recruiter called me arbitrarily when I was with a client-- So missed call. I returned the called and left a voicemail. No response, received the return call exactly 15 days later.

After the phone info session, the recruiter left me with a link to do a live-recorded session of roughly 5-6 behavioral questions. They allowed you 30 seconds before the recording starts to formulate your response to their questions. They give you what seems like three days to complete, however please mind the time zone difference. You have to complete the recording session in GMT+1 time, so if you're on the east coast--It's roughly 6 hours ahead.

Two business days later, the recruiter scheduled me into an interview date for the following week. Which you have to confirm via email that you'll be attending.

On the interview date, you're required to bring a government photo ID, printed copy of resume, and printed code example that you've done. The process is a long grueling 6 hours, you're expected to arrive at 8:45 AM and finish by 3-4 PM, fully suited up in business attire. This means jacket, pants, shoes, shirt, and tie.

When you walk in, you'll be greeted by FDM staff. Water, tea, and pastries/bagels are off to the side of the testing room. You'll walk by classrooms in session and every room is behind glass partitions.

In the test room, you'll have to grab a seat of your choice. At 9:00 AM, you'll be greeted by the HR manager. This person will debrief you on the entire brochure that they already sent out in the earlier interviews. This is assuming that you haven't already read everything about the company already. They proceed to give you niche facts about how they employ minorities, returning women, and veterans. Following this, is an ice-breaker of all of the test takers to introduce themselves out loud.

A form will be given to you to confirm your continued interest and relocation availability. Which you'll have to sign and agree that you understand the -$30,000 penalty owed to FDM if you choose to resign or be dismissed by FDM after the 14 day induction period. The two year contract begins after the initial 4 month training period. You are eligible for sick/vacation days after your training is complete or you are placed with a job, whichever one is quicker. You get 15 work days worth of vacations for the entire year after placement. You'll have to sign it to continue.

You'll be given an iPad with an application with very dated UI/UX, you'll have to click once and be patient for it to register. The logic on the application is concerning as it's proprietary to FDM, which made me second guess my future with FDM.

The assessment test is roughly 2 1/4 hours long:
    - Written Test (15 minutes)
    - IT Aptitude Test (50 minutes) (30 questions~ multiple choice)
    - Arithmetic/Math (20 minutes) (20 questions~ input fields)
    - Set Notation (50 minutes) (30 questions~ multiple choice/input fields)

Written test, "Describe why you would be a good candidate for FDM?".

IT Aptitude, consists of: Pseudo code, IF/ELSE flowcharts, some basic logic questions, they provide you with their own syntax and you'll have to answer multiple choice questions .

Arithmetic/Math, consists of: Fractions, basic long digit math, percentile, linear/quadratic equations.

Set Notation, they will provide you a reference manual on how to comprehend sets. Venndiagram sets, numbered sets, and lettered sets.

Following this, you'll have to complete 3 short interviews in rapid fire sessions. Each containing 4-6 questions or more, depending on their continued interest in you as a candidate. This better helps them understand both your capacity and interest. Just relax and listen carefully.

The next morning, I received an email of rejection. Indicating that I did not meet their minimum requirements.

Best of luck to interested candidates, I hope my review has served you well!

** Please take my review with a grain of salt, this is purely off of the top of my head and I might've missed parts of the procedure! **

Interview Questions

• Describe your proudest achievement/moment?   Answer Question
    • JAVA: Is Java pass by reference or pass by value?   Answer Question
    • SQL: How do you read from a table?   Answer Question
    • CS: What is the difference between a class and an object?   Answer Question
    • UNIX: What command do you use to open a file in the terminal/console?   Answer Question
    • Would you put your own self interest before your team?   Answer Question
    • Describe to me, a recently project that you've worked on?   Answer Question
    • If you are assigned a task that you have no experience with and you knew that a co-worker from a different department that does. How would you approach this person for help?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest strength?   Answer Question
    • If you had to do a presentation for an FDM client, how would you best represent FDM?   Answer Question
    • In your opinion, what is the one thing that can significantly affect a programming language?
      (I think Java, as it was pertaining to their curriculum path)   Answer Question

Developer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was kind of a long process considering the 3rd step had 4 separate parts that I did not think were all necessary. They were not too hard but I thought it was kind of excessive.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

Overall it was a good experience. A test followed by short in person interviews which were 5-6min each. Then interview was with their client. I was interviewed in 4 panels. Asked some basic to intermediate tech questions.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FDM Group in August 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview just asking basic questions about my background.Recruiter was really nice.Scheduled an online interview to be done within 3 days with prerecorded questions.Questions were strength based questions , app refused to work on my laptop had to use my phone not the best of experiences app crashed during the interview process.A question is asked and you have 30 seconds to respond.

Interview Questions

• 1)How would your behavior change in the presence of employees with different levels of seniority
      2)How would the events of the outside world affect your position at FDM.?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied online. Got email response next day. Phone interview same week and on-site group interview next week.
    Interview had quiz on iPad with math, logic and set problems which are very easy. Then there were 3 short interviews. But it seemed like they didn't want to interview all the people. They were targeting few candidates to hire. Others were probably just called to impress those guys because their targets had to give interview for like an hour but for the rest, interviews were over within 10 minutes.
    In the interview they introduced themselves, asked same behavioral question (technical interviewer asked some cs question too) and ended interview before I answered. Whole thing ended in 10 minutes. Seemed dishonest to ask dozens of people to leave work to come to interview if they had no intention to even give jobs most of them.

Interview Questions

• Some basic math problems, logic questions. Some questions about OOP, Java. Behavioral questions about past experience.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Very brief. There was a deal-breaker in that I was unable to commit to relocate if need be. I should clarify something for those reviewing/looking into FDM: When people mention the unpaid training, that is for the UK ONLY! Training, at least in the USA, is paid training. Yes, there is a 2-year contract, and you MUST be willing to relocate if need be. That was the deal breaker for me.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (Tampa, FL (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was called by FDM group after applying through LinkedIn. They were very pleasant throughout the whole process. They put me through about 3 rounds of interviews overall with one pretty simple logical assessment.

Interview Questions

• They used a video interview format that asked questions such as why you have a passion for technology   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Dallas, TX (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

multiple phone interviews, basic technical interview, aptitude test, and final skype interview
    phone interviews are easy, just basic research on the position and company is enough.
    video interview is important, they look for concise answers with examples.
    aptitude test is easy, basic math and logic questions

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from a recruiter hours later. Set up time for a behavioural interview. After rhe behavioral was a aptitude test that covers basic math skills, coding and behavioral questions. Coding section was not in any particular langauge, all pseudocode. Next was a technical interview that covered C++, Java and OOP. After that was another behavioral over skype. Interviewer wants to check your passion for technology and any prior projects you have. If you get here, just try to convey to them that youre very passionate. Got an offer a day later. Process was very smooth

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group in July 2017.

Interview

It involved 4 parts. An initial telephone interview was first. Next, I started the virtual assessment, which had three parts to it. An online technical aptitude exam and an online writing exam. Then I had a telephone interview with an IT trainer. Finally, I had a skype interview with an account manager.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.