Facebook Interview Questions

Updated 30 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7,853 of over 7.9K interviews

Employee Referral24%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions. The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Interview Questions
  • None
    Answer Question
1855 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

I was contact by a recruiter out of the blue telling me how they are really impressed by my CV. From first moment the interaction felt very impersonal and hurried up. Yes I know you are reaching out to a lot of candidates but let's not forget you are still talking to a human. I then got scheduled for an interview which was cancelled last moment apparently because the interviewer was sick. We then moved on to reschedule. Two weeks later I show up for the (remote) interview. The interviewer was late 5 minutes and when he showed he did not really seem to bother. We then swiftly began the process. I struggled a lot understanding the interviewer accent who seemed even lazy to clearly articulate properly his words. He was talking but you were getting a sense that he did not really care if he was understood. I completely zoned out, but I answered well the coding questions which I share below. We then moved on to the product related questions which were pretty basic and what you typically find on the web. I answered, but the whole process was feeling like a disconnect and I had a feeling we were both there just because we had too. To sum up - worse interview process ever.

Interview Questions
  • Given the following data: Table: searches Columns: date STRING date of the search, search_id INT the unique identifier of each search, user_id INT the unique identifier of the searcher, age_group STRING ('<30', '30-50', '50+'), search_query STRING the text of the search query Sample Rows: date | search_id | user_id | age_group | search_query -------------------------------------------------------------------- '2020-01-01' | 101 | 9991 | '<30' | 'justin bieber' '2020-01-01' | 102 | 9991 | '<30' | 'menlo park' '2020-01-01' | 103 | 5555 | '30-50' | 'john' '2020-01-01' | 104 | 1234 | '50+' | 'funny cats' Table: search_results Columns: date STRING date of the search action, search_id INT the unique identifier of each search, result_id INT the unique identifier of the result, result_type STRING (page, event, group, person, post, etc.), clicked BOOLEAN did the user click on the result? Sample Rows: date | search_id | result_id | result_type | clicked -------------------------------------------------------------------- '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1001 | 'page' | TRUE '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1002 | 'event' | FALSE '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1003 | 'event' | FALSE '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1004 | 'group' | FALSE Over the last 7 days, how many users made more than 10 searches? You notice that the number of users that clicked on a search result about a Facebook Event increased 10% week-over-week. How would you investigate? How do you decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing? The Events team wants to up-rank Events such that they show up higher in Search. How would you determine if this is a good idea or not?
43 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook in Mar 2021

Interview

1. I got a call from FB Recruiter who found me through linkedin, and had first discussion of general experience and also asked 5 basic SQL and python questions. 2. Next round is 1hr technical interview, where code will be written in coderpad. Interviewer is very helpful and it is more like a conversation, rather than interview. Some basic hints for python coding is also there which you can refer in case you stuck somewhere. The questions are all available in Glassdoor here. Please refer them and practice well.

Interview Questions
  • Python questions: 1. Replace None value with previous value present in a list. 2. Given a ´dictionary, print the key for nth highest value present in the dict. If there are more than 1 record present for nth highest value then sort the key and print the first one. 3. Given two sentences, you have to print the words those are not present in either of the sentences.(If one word is present twice in 1st sentence but not present in 2nd sentence then you have to print that word too) 4. Forgot another question you have to pass all the cases, specially on edge cases. SQL questions: 1. Mostly % calculation, also refer the questions available here in Glassdoor. Next will be my Onsite Interview of 3.30hr. If anyone can help me on that or else I will update later on that interview as well.
49 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

The recruiter had reached out, did a recruiter phone screen to learn about the role, did a TPM phone screen for fit and resume, did a remote full loop to go over everything else

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you resolved a disagreement with your team.
4 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

1. 20 minutes phone screening 2. 30 minutes phone interview with general questions about yourself and 3. 60 minute blue jean interviews with 3 recruiting leads; 20 minutes each with scenario based questions

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a mistake you could not fix, and what did you do about it?

Facebook

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

I applied for a PM role via a referral and I got a call from the recruiter pretty much in the same week. The process was straightforward and the recruiter did a great job of explaining this to me. It was one round with the recruiter, one round with a team member, Onsite (4 back-to-back interviews), and then the final decision. The interviews went well and all the folks I interacted with were excellent, professional, and very warm. The interviews mostly focused on my PM experience, my background, behavioral, and the Onsite round had a technical round as well. The only downside was that the time between interviews for the recruiters to come back with a decision was too long and overall from the first interview to the last took close to 2 months.

Interview Questions
  • 1. How would you give critical feedback to your manager? 2. Project I led that resulted in failure?
4 people found this interview helpful

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Overall awesome experience from recruiter to phone loop to onsite interview. Everyone was friendly, gave great insight into working at the company and the interview just felt a very smooth process

Facebook

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Exhausting process. First an interview with another content designer presenting my own case studies. Then a task to do at home. Then a presentation of my completed task and case studies to four people. Then three interviews about culture, collaboration and core skills. Difficult and very structured questions asked about collaboration but I was prepared. Culture interview was fine. Core skills interview was hardest. Interviewer was very cold and unfriendly. Gave me a flash task to do where I was asked how to improve 3 screens. When I was giving my input it was like talking to a brick wall and he didn’t engage with me. The recruiter told me the core skills interview would involve a deep dive into the task I presented but the interviewer only asked one brief question. I didn’t feel I got a chance to talk about my process or skills at all. I didn’t pass the core skills interview. The rest of the feedback was positive.

Interview Questions
  • Can you give an example of when you have disagreed with your line manager and how you resolved it?
  • How do you deal with negative feedback about your work?
  • Can you give an example of when you’ve worked with ambiguous project requirements?

Facebook

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

it was 45 mins interview, I was asked two questions. one was from algorithm and data structure, another was from iOS UI fundamentals. for each question 15-20 mins where assigned.

Interview Questions
  • 1. String palindrome, 2. API call during Search text field in TextEditDidEnd delegate method

Facebook

Application

I interviewed at Facebook

Interview

Recruiter reached out. Setup a 1 hr screening interview. This was my 2nd attempt at this position. Although, I could solve all the 4 SQL and 4 Python questions (passed all the test cases) with little help from the interviewer except the last one where the interviewer had to give me the idea to solve it, got an email the next day saying I didn't make it to the next round. As they don't give feedback after the interview, it is very difficult to judge what went wrong. My understanding is, even though you have the option to run the code and see the output, don't do it until you are 100% sure that your code will pass all the test cases. Although the interviewer said that you can run queries and see data, every run you make is counted against you. I would suggest don't put your heart and soul into preparing for the interview. It's ultimately a human interacting with another human. Even if you perform well in the interview, a lot of other factors can affect your candidacy.

Interview Questions
  • SQL Data schema was provided. SQL to be written that used left joins, nulls in filter, count func., case stmt. Python create a histogram from a given list flatten a list: [1,2,[3,4. [5],[6,7,[8,[9]]]]] remove duplicates from a list count words in a sentence
9 people found this interview helpful