Facebook Interview Questions

Updated 8 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Facebook

3.1
HardAverageEasy
Found 7188 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions. The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Interview Questions
  • None
    11 Answers
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in Mar 2020

Interview

A recruiter contacted me over email and set up a phone interview for the following week for a 15-minute call. I guess next round would have been with a hiring manager

Interview Questions
  • PLEASE DON'T TAKE THE PHONE SCREENING LIGHTLY! I did and got rejected. I was expecting SQL questions and in general talk about my resume but she asked me a question on product sense and I was completely unprepared for it. Creation of Facebook user groups has gone down by 20%, what will you do? sounds simple but I messed it up so badly. I was just blabbering anything in an unstructured way, I sounded so stupid and not even fit for a small company forget Facebook. The recruiter was nice and she did not say anything but I were to hear my own answer, I would reject myself on spot. I regret it so much wish I could have prepared for it. I hope someone sees this and it helps them. The SQL questions were easy and I did answer them correctly- what kind of joins to get only common rows, what the natural sorting order etc.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

Submitted a resume online and got a response from the recruiting team within a few days. Had a good conversation with the initial screener and was told my information and interview notes would be passed along to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were focused on why you want to work here and making sure you can do the job.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

1) A phone screening interview with a recruiter (30 mins), 2) An interview with one researcher asking about hypothetical research questions and reasoning process (1 hr), 3) A portfolio review and follow-up questions with three researchers including manager (1 hr).

Interview Questions
  • Choose one app from the list and then imagine you want to research X problem. How would you plan research to solve those questions and why do you choose particular methods? Explain why.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

First we did a phone screen, then initial coding interview and then an onsite interview which included two coding interviews and two behavioral interviews and two machine learning interviews. The whole process took around two weeks.

Interview Questions
Facebook
Anonymous Employee in Ireland
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Facebook (Ireland)

Interview

The recruiters will make sure you're well prepared and will share preparation materials - make sure you read them before the interview. Usually there's couple of screen interviews and at least 4 main / on-site interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a project/time when you disagreed with someone.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

Facebook went through my university so I went to a meet and greet and got an in-person interview that day after a recruiter briefly looked at my resume. That day, I got 2 straight 45 min interviews where they asked me some coding questions and then I got a chance to ask questions. The first interview wasn't bad but thought the second interview had harder questions. I heard back within a day.

Interview Questions
  • One of the questions: Given a 2D square input of 0s and 1s (0 is water and 1 is land), if adjacent squares are considered connected (including diagonals), how many separate land masses are there in the input?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

Two interviews. First with your general manager (your supervisor over the internship), then with the overseer of the department. However, others have experienced these interviews in reverse order. Easy apply, no cover letter needed.

Interview Questions
  • 2nd interview asks questions from your resume and how it applies to the position.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Facebook (United States)

Interview

Two rounds of phone call for coding interviews and one additional round of interview. The questions are okay, and everything went well. The process is just average software engineer interview

Interview Questions
Facebook
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ireland
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (Ireland)

Interview

Second round interview was with senior management, it was very structured with many questions and it was timed. You are definitely under pressure for time. It was difficult to prepare for some of the questions they asked.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 7,188 Interviews