Facebook Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Facebook

5,896 Interview Reviews

3.1

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Referred by my friend who's a current employee and got a reply from hr in a week to do a phone screen. The phone screening was about my experience in data science and some high-level SQL questions. Got updated to move on to the next round the next day. The second round is about a product case and a following SQL query test.

Interview Questions

• A product question on how to recognize the problem of the business manager system, a 2C system that business users can manage their ads payments. The main issue is that business users find troubles using the navigation bar to find the tools they need. Ask you to find ways to locate the problem. Then it's followed by some SQL questions related to the problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook in March 2020.

Interview

The final step before gets the potential offer from Facebook. Due to CoronaVirus, it changes from On-Site Interview to Video On-Site Interview. 3 rounds of 1:1 Bluejean 45 minutes interviews. First and last round are coding interviews each has 2 questions. And the other is a BQ interview.

Interview Questions

• Is Completed Binary Tree   1 Answer
    • Almost Palindrome (Palindrome with white space)   1 Answer
    • Behavior Questions:   1 Answer
    • Add two positive integer number in string Format   Answer Question
    • Add two positive decimal number in string Format   2 Answers

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Surprisingly unprofessional. I was lead to believe I was recruited because I own a company that does exactly what was in the job description.

The communication was among the worst I’ve experienced if not the single worst.

I received one, dry, impersonal response per 2-3 follow-up emails I sent after being recruited. Finally, a response to a 2nd or 3rd follow up after sending my resume said, “I thought I sent this 10 days ago, I’ll send it now”.

The phone interview was laughable.

There literally wasn’t one behavioral question, in fact, there were only two real questions; one of which was to walk the interviewer through loading a CSV file which was slightly insulting. As you can imagine I followed up to no response after the interview. I only reached out once this time, after learning a 4 month lesson on the arrogance of Facebook.

I would have sold my company in a heartbeat to work here. But instead I’m left with a bitter taste in my mouth and resentment toward a company I’ve loved for over 10 years.

Dealing with the Austin team reminded me why I started my own company in the first place.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The interviewer is a nice person and will help you with the question by giving you some hints. Questions include both SQL questions and general data science questions regarding the practical problems in Facebook.

Interview Questions

• How to investigate the 10% drop of the friends application?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

HR interview first. She asked some high level sql questions and one product questions. It last 15 min. Then, video interview for product and sql. It last 45 min. Then, on site. product sql statistics,behavior questions. All of them are very nice. HR responses email in one day.

Intern - Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewer began right away and asked two questions. The first was related to linked list which I didn't know how to do at the time and the second was about containers. Throughout the interview the interviewer was very accommodating and open to questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you hold a 30 digit number?   1 Answer

DS Analytics NG Interview

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter and I received a survey and got rejected after that. I am surprised that I was not even given a phone interview as it should be followed by the reach out.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Phone internerview, they asked three question, statistics, sql and programming . The recruiter was very nice and helpful thru out the process, no problems at all, it was lite.

Interview Questions

• Explain A/B testing, explaining WHERE statements and things like that. For programming they asked basic questions such how revert a string and etc..   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The standard onsite gauntlet that FAANG companies are famous for! 2+ coding rounds, design/architecture, and a behavioral.
    I did better in some parts than others, but overall, i thought everything question was fair. There was no 'gotchas' or totally unexpected questions.
    I was most impressed in working with the Facebook recruiter. He was VERY organized, prompt, kept me in the loop, and overall very helpful in informing me what to expect and how to prep for the interview. Even after the on-site, during the hiring decision, he kept me informed of what was going on every step of the way. It felt like Facebook had a very well-defined recruiting process unlike some of the smaller startups.

Interview Questions

• You know, the standard coding question with a naive solution of O(n^2) that can be solved in O(n) using more memory :P   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Phone Screen, Hiring manager interview, Onsite. And then re-interview for product sense. No feedback which makes it hard to understand what went wrong.

Take it as a learning experience.

Don't go with any expectation.

Interview Questions

• Product Sense, Execution, Leadership and Drive   1 Answer