Facebook Senior Android Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Facebook Senior Android Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

2.8

Senior Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me over my facebook message as well as my email. On first call recruiter explained me the process of interview also about different divisions of Facebook that I can work for. First telephonic interview was setup. I wasn't prepared for interview so as I expected, I didn't do well.

Interview Questions

• Given a binary tree write a serializable and deserializable methods for it:
    public LinkedList<Integer> serialize(Node root)
    public Node deserialize(LinkedList<Integer> list)
    write possible test cases for this.   Answer Question
  • What is the most challenging thing that you worked on in Android   Answer Question
  • How to persist data between sessions, in Android.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Senior Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2018.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin, then I accepted to take part in the interview.
    The first round was phone interview, he asked about myself, my working experience, my leadership and some multiple choise questions on android (asyntask, activity life cycle, services...) then I was moved on to the next round. He was very nice.

The second round was about coding, At the beginning of this round, I was asked to answer some android questions in 5 minutes
    - AlarmManager vs Jobschedule
    - Parcelable vs serializable
    - What cause ANR, how to prevent it.
    Then I was asked to resolve two easy problems. You can find them on leetcode
    - Merge two sorted array
    - Find k smallest elements in array

The Onsite round includes 4 interview
    - 2 coding interviews: linked list, hashtable, binary tree. If you rehearse carefully all problems, especially binary trees on leetcode, you can pass it. I didn't practice well, I code some binary problems on leetcode with facebook tag except one then the interview question went into that question. That was very pity, I saw that problem but I didn't try to code it. I also gave the accepted solution but it takes time to think and explain to the interviewers, they seem want me to give the solution as soon as posible
    - 1 beavior question
    - 1 system design interview: I was asked to design messenger on android side. I get positive feedback at this round as I used to implement application like this. I think the HR tried to arrange suitable interviewer and interview question that match my CV. They was very kind, they really wanted me to pass but I failed because of coding interview. I felt very ashames because they are very good and dedicated.

Interview Questions

• Phone call interview: Multiple choice question on Android (asyntask, activity life cycle, services...)   1 Answer
    • - Merge two sorted array
      - Find k smallest elements in array   Answer Question
    • Linkedlist, binary trees (BFS, DFS), Stack, Queue   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I interviewed at Facebook (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

One day I received message in LinkedIn that HR from Facebook wants propose me interview with her. It was 30 minutes talk. She gave me 10 days for preparing. Well, better take half a year I guess. In days Engineer from Facebook called me, described who is he.

Interview Questions

• Ways how to save persistent data   1 Answer
    • Write algorithm to convert number for example 16 138 832 into "sixteen million one hundred thirty eight thousand eight hundred thirty two"   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Facebook recruiter contacted me by LinkedIn, first Skype call was about my background and few android questions with 4 variants of answers. Second skype call with developer, coding task 30m.

Senior Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bahçelievler, Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Bahçelievler, Istanbul (Turkey)) in May 2014.

Interview

Facebook recruiter added me from linked in, then called me. After phone review, she arraged an interview with an facebook engineer. 20 of May i had shkpe interview. Interviewer was really polite and warm people. we talked about facebook and give me hints about questions.

Interview Questions

• there will be two array like below, merge and sort them.

arr1 = {1,5}
      arr2={3,6,_,_}

result = 1,3,5,6   2 Answers
    • when working different threat than main threat which androi api do you use ?   2 Answers
    • why android destroy activity ?   1 Answer
    • how you can persist data ?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.