FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

FactSet Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

1,223 Interview Reviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England) in September 2015.

Interview

I Didnt even get the call even though i am qualified. i just got a mail saying thy could not continue my application. Also that they could not provide further feedback.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Process took little over 2 weeks. I was first contacted and given an interview over skype. After that I was flown out to San Francisco where there was a super day.

Interview Questions

• If you had a friend that was hurt in the back of a car, would you speed through a red light to take him to the hospital.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Hartford, CT (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screen first and then onsite interview. Flown in, put at nice hotel, went to dinner with current consultants. Treated extremely well. There were four one on one interviews the questioning was very detailed and specific.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Visakhapatnam (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

day1: 1st round written test on a) c&c++,b) ds, os concepts c) database.. day 2 : 2 nd round techincial 3rd round techincial .. total questions are pure techincial covering ds, advanced concepts of ds, c++,dbms . out of 350 from 1st round only 35 were selected for 2nd day 2nd round interview, and out of 35 only 11 for 3 rd round and only 6 got the offer..all rounds are elimination, very tough, needs total grip on the concepts. gud pac, gud experience. best interview exp .. the only company i have seen with proper interview process..feeling bad for not get selected but will try hard...

Interview Questions

• write a function for atoi(string) ?   1 Answer

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

written test, vocabulary test, technical round, personal interview

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

I interviewed for a position at FactSet while completing my degree. HR reached out promptly following a college career fair, which made the process move quickly. FactSet enjoys creating an excitement and that leads to a positive perception of the corporate culture. Fresh, agile in hiring process, not too bureaucratic, and not extra phone screens.

Went through one 1:1 phone screen interview, followed 10 days later by a full-day onsite interview speaking with systems engineers and engineering managers. Four 45-minute technical interviews with pairs of interviewers through the day, plus intro, interview with manager, interview with asst director, discussion with HR, and lunch. Long day. I received an offer a few days later and was given 2 weeks to reply.

Interview Questions

• List the platforms you're comfortable working on. Now, how would you compile and secure this code on [server platform you didn't list] ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet in October 2009.

Interview

I had a 30 minute interview during which I was extensively quizzed on C++ pointers, inherited classes, and data structures. After the interview I still didn't even know what the position would do!

Interview Questions

• Search time of an array compared to a linked list.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

After successful video interview with HR department, invited in for an assessment Centre Day where we completed Four Tasks. An Excel test, a test on their program, a pre planned micro-teach and a case study test.

Interview Questions

• Excel Test (Required use of basic functions such as sums and Averages, but also required manipulating different data types.)   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied 2 months ago, received email to have a phone interview. Interview was 40 mins. Phone interview was with 2 software engineers, not really friendly people. Did not enjoy the interview at all, was very difficult and interviewers didn't make the process enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• -Tell us about factset
      -pass by value vs pass by reference
      -recursive vs iterative
      -scopes-public, private, protected
      -4 concepts of OOP
      -one tiny question on your project

-they asked a lot of follow up questions to what you say   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

About 45 minutes interview, all of the questions about a piece of code. I need to debug the code. The most challenge part is that all the bugs can not show in the result. If you run the code, the result is fine and no bugs reported. You need to find the bug with the result and the description beyond each method. I do not think it's a good way in interview if you test some details in code with a time limit. But, anyway, if you are a good programmer, you should handle all cases.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.