FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

FactSet Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

1,223 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First round with HR. Then completed an online hacker rank Assessment. After one week, had a code Pair phone interview with hiring manager. Then got the virtual onsite interview with two different teams. After one day of VO, received a call from HR with an offer. Questions were not too hard, but keep in mind to think out loud during the whole process

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in May 2020.

Interview

Applied through Jobs180
    Was called by the hr through phone call. HR asked some hr and technical questions. Was endorsed to take two 1.5hr exams online. After a day, i received an email saying that I passed and up for panel interview

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

First short phone interview. Then long 2-3 hour interview where you meet with team of people. After that they will stay in contact with you and then eventually reach out to you. My experience may be different due to covid19

Interview Questions

• Talk about different skills. Excel, python, etc. be able to talk about past experience   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in April 2020.

Interview

You apply though online. After a day or two they will respond asap which i liked. you will take a test that tests your basic financial and accounting knowledge so be sure you review. If you pass a day or two later two managers will interview you. If you pass the offer is usually given a couple days later

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews. 1st round was with a Software Engineer Manager (USA) and BA (USA). 2nd Round was with Engineering director (London) and (3) Engineering manager (USA), last round was with lead talent acquisition specialist in the US that found me through LinkedIn.

1st round was find where they detailed out the job. The application is a very old 10+ years WinForm application written in C# with Microsoft office products integrated into the WinForm application. Part of the role is being a scrum master which all the developers take turns being the scrum master. Also, there is some interaction with the clients when the FactSet consultants can't fix a bug or resolve a customer related issue with the application. Most of the newer exciting web and mobile development is taking place offshore in London, England where they are re-writing the product in Vue.
    Sadly, the technical screening was not really thought out well and they relied on 2 Hacker rank questions. I would of really appreciated it if they could of concentrated and put some effort into selling the position and what they were currently doing rather than relying on a computer generated test. There was not a lot of effort or pzazz that went into presenting the position. The job as presented would of been a big step back in time with technology.

Interview Questions

• Join 2 table and get the date where most of employees worked for a previous employer.   1 Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Started with a 30-minute phone screening with a recruiter, then an interview day consisting of 4 separate interviews. The whole process took about two weeks and was very painless.

Interview Questions

• Pick an app and tell us what you would improve about it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you solved a problem or worked on a project.   Answer Question

Associate Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2019.

Interview

Received Email from HR with four different job responsibilities for the same role and one job responsibility was matching my profile.

Interview Process:
    1. Written Test (Hanker Rank Test) - Aptitude, SQL, General Programming questions like to say the output of the program. Mainly the programs were written in C, Java & Python, Few questions on Excel shortcuts or Excel calculations. [If written clear then next round or else back to home]
    2. Technical Interview (was on the same day followed by written) - Professional Overview, Job role explanation by interviewer, questions on R & Python like how to sort data, wide to long format or vice-versa etc etc and I was done for the day and they said if shorlisted you will get a call/Email from HR.

After 3 days, got call from HR for one more round.

3. Technical Interview 2 - This time interview was conducted for about more than 1hr by 3 senior technical members. Questions were more on R, SQL, Python and about the role & projects involved. Once done, HR contacted me after a week for next round with Onshore Manager.

4. Onsite Interview - He was the manager from onshore and the interview was more on personal & professional details. More of manager questions, not so technical

5. HR Discussion over call - Expectations & all

So overall interview experience was good and HR was responding quickly for all queries. The pay I asked was not given but I was OK to accept the offer as I was not feeling good to stay in my previous company so accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• How to sort data wide to long and long to wide? (R & Python)   Answer Question
    • Show output for 3rd or 4th index of data (R & Python)   Answer Question
    • How can you import data from different sources (R & Python)   Answer Question

Process Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2020.

Interview

First apply on their site and then create an account there after that Skill test on hacker rank and after successfully qualifying the test you will be interviewed online. Asked questions on basic Linux commands and some aptitude and reasoning questions.

Data Science Interview

Interview

Walk me through your resume, talk me through your classes, why FactSet, etc. Then lots of background on the team itself and what my role would be. Following this, we had a live coding session in which the interviewer walked me through a Bayesian problem

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

office information session day before interview, in person interview, 2 hour interview with 4 different people plus a demo by a 5th party (had to prepare a 10 minute presentation for the 2nd interview without the use of powerpoint)

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.