FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

FactSet Interview Questions

Updated 11 Jun 2019
1,111 Interview Reviews

Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (Taguig (Philippines)) in January 2018.

Interview

They had me undergo a test that includes questions about stocks and economics. After that, I took an exam about excel (formulae, vlookup, filter, etc.) then had my interview with the HR. The HR scheduled me for a final interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Goals in life, how would your friends describe you, financial terminologies   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

We have 4 to 5 rounds, starting from HR to Written and PM from Hyderabad and VP from US will take the round. Most of the question as are related to What skills you bring to table , why should we hire you, more question on agile and scrum , any examples to prove you are a good team player.

Interview Questions

• What skills you bring to table , why should we hire you, more question on agile and scrum , any examples to prove you are a good team player.   Answer Question

Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in June 2019.

Interview

The exam contains basic questions related to finance, accounting, logic, and economics. You can complete the exam in less than 15 minutes. For the first interview, the interviewer will ask about the job role and other things regarding your resume.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet in February 2019.

Interview

Received an email to set up the phone call interview.
    Phone call interview where they test your knowledge for the Software Engineer role.
    No coding involved but test your technical knowledge.
    Interview lasted about an hour with two interviewers.

Customer Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in May 2019.

Interview

Brief and concise.
    It will only take five hours or less including the break, you have to stay there and wait for you skills assessment and interview. Then, wait for a week.

Interview Questions

• Financial Statements?
      Descrive each Financial statements.
      Stocks?
      How do you earn from stocks?
      Philippines blue chip companies?   Answer Question

Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in September 2018.

Interview

2 interviews with standard questions about finance and background. The interviews last for about 20 minutes each. You need to review the financial statements if you want to get higher chance of being accepted.

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

There was four 45-minute interviews as well as a group exercise. The managers interviewing were all very nice. There was an excel test, presentation, reading comprehension exercise, and market knowledge questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online and got an online test containing numerical and financial questions. Easy for financial students. Their process is very fast; got an telephone interview two days later. So you've got to prepare before you apply to the company. The interviewer was nice so there was no clue to tell if he/she passes you through. I've answered all questions really well except for the competitive advantage. Also due to my schedule, I couldn't participate the immediate AC day and the HR just turned me down.

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in March 2019.

Interview

I'm not going to get too detailed into the interview process for the Client Solutions Associate position (in the U.S.) as there are a lot of reviews on this website that are very accurate. At the very least FactSet is repeatable and consistent. My process was the following:
    1.) Submitted my resume at a career fair at my alma mater (I was an experienced professional looking for a change).
    2.) 30-Minute phone screen with HR representative.
    3.) Pre-Onsite skills test (testing basic analogies, reading comprehension and data analysis)
    3.) On-site interview consisting of a short demonstration then a rotation through various managers who asked behavioral questions, performed an excel test or rather your ability to brief how to do something in excel, asked questions based on a financial datasheet and had you present a topic of interest. The presentation on the topic of interest was something you were told about in advance and could prepare. The day ended with a group exercise where all of the candidates interviewing that day had to prioritize a list of items and present their choices/why. There was a lunch with a couple of consultants as well.
    I originally accepted an offer that I had to withdraw from due to personal reasons. However, I wanted to discuss the background check process following acceptance of an offer. FactSet runs a very thorough background check probably because they are a financial company. They will run a federal check, state check and check local counties that you have lived in. Additionally, they will run a DMV check on your driving history, so all criminal and driving related offenses will be available to them. I was asked to make a statement about a couple of careless driving offenses over the past 6 years as well as a recent non-violent misdemeanor. I believe I successfully mitigated those items as I received future correspondences about my start date, but I was never notified explicitly that those offenses were okay. It's good, however that they allow candidates an opportunity to explain previous negative events although that may be required by law.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

First Written test ,if short listed then Technical -1 with team lead later technical 2 with Manager that depends on process for some process it will be only two rounds .

Interview Questions

• Investments, preferred shares,splits,ratios,academic project.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.