FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

FactSet Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

1,223 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was broken down into three sections with three different interviewers. Overall the interview process was professional and was interesting. Afterwards there is a fourth "section" where you eat lunch with current employees and can ask them questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Given a matrix calculate the path that yields the maximum value.   Answer Question
    • How would you design a program for a given sport (ex. baseball)   Answer Question
    • If you were to design a social media site how would you do it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First interview was a technical coding interview. You log onto a site where the interviewer and you are seeing the same code. You will be on a phone call with the interviewer while you are solving the problem. You can code in whatever you are proficient in.

Interview Questions

• Solve a coding challenge similar to the "ice cream parlor" problem.   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in November 2019.

Interview

I applied through wayup job listing. The first call was very quick it was just a type of introduction HR interview and the next day I got hackerrank assessment. The hackerrank assessment was pretty hard. I was given 75 mins to 2 big problems which were very hard and 2 were multiple-choice questions.

Interview Questions

• 1) Problem-solving which includes pattern matching.
      2) Greedy algorithm two dimensions array question of hard level which was impossible to complete in 75 mins
      3) Finding complexity ( Multiple choose question )
      4) HashMap easy ( Multiple choose question )

I all most did all the question and I got rejected. I don't know on what criteria they rejected me.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I Interviewed On-campus and was asked basic cs concepts, I then got an email from a recruiter asking to talk. She then scheduled and on-site Interview for the new york office

Client Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

1 on university campus interview, this is more informal and largely a test of personality, and 1 on campus super day, this is more technical and allows the company to showcase everything they have to offer

Interview Questions

• Why Factset/why this industry   1 Answer

Client Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

First round interview was behavioral and wanted to gauge your interest in the company. Second round is a super day consisting of four thirty minute interviews back to back to back to back.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain the stock market to your grandmother?   Answer Question

Global Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Selected through campus career site for an on campus interview. In the interview they asked a lot of behavioral questions. IN this interview they asked what location I would want to work at. Then did a super day type interview in Chicago.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I was referred to FactSet by a peer from college. I was contacted for a coding interview where they asked me core questions about Java. Though I was not contacted for a follow up interview I was told that you go into the office for a day of programming questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an ArrayList and a LinkedList?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

First, there is a first-round phone interview. This is primarily technical and includes a coding question on the computer. Next, there is a second-round that lasts all day and is in person at an office. There are several technical and behavioral interviews with different employees.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of plane tickets, each describing a one way trip from one city to another, how would you reconstruct the total flight path? What is the time and space complexity?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The process was fast and easy.
    There was a phone call and after that, was called for the onsite interview. In onsite, there was a demo and 3 technical rounds. Then was taken out for lunch and 2 HR rounds. Everyone was super nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Phone call:
      1. Explain polymorphism.
      2. Explain inheritance.
      3. Sum of 2 numbers in an array must be the target value

Onsite:
      1. Linked list code review.
      2. Palindrome of a string.
      3. Longest palindrome in a string.
      4. Design monopoly   Answer Question