FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at FactSet

1,118 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

First round was telephonic interview. Based on my resume the interviewer started with asking about my Big data project and based about RegExp that I used in the project, asked a quick question on that. Then he asked about the technologies used in the project. Then he asked few Java question - easy ones. Since, I'd mention Spring MVC in my resume, he asked about Dependency Injection.

I passed the First round and I was called onsite.

Onsite, first round, two engineers asked me to design a game - Tetris within 45 minutes, on paper. I stumbled a little bit in the beginning. Then I started designing it, making models and explaining them what I'm doing at the same time. They asked me questions and their doubt meanwhile which helped me to revise. The time was up, I pretty much had covered most of the game features.
    Second round was from the Information Systems engineers, they asked my SQL queries. The question was I have a table containing millions of records and I have to calculate sum, avg, mean, median and SD without using inbuilt methods of SQL ( I can use count though).
    And that has to done by writing only SQL queries.
    Further on, the design tables and more SQL queries given some business requirements. And how would I do the same using MapReduce.
    Third round was algorithms and data structures. A program on String manipulation and reverse a Linked List. Then some objectives on front-end Javascript. Then a mathematical problem/puzzle on '25 Horses problem'.

Then there was a lunch with 2 engineers. We had conversations about myself, about company, about Norwalk.

After getting back, I had one more interview round that was HR round. There were 2 HR's who brainstormed me with lots of behavioural questions like why I want this company, why should they choose me, what stands me out from crowd, what qualities I have better than others and so on.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I would say was to design a game which was Tetris. I never did programming to build a game which was so dynamic.
      The next I would say was 25 Horse problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

3 round technical question. just some general technical data structure question. oo design and sql.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

The phone interview consisted of basic questions about various data structures and their run time requirements. You may also have to do some coding through an online shared document.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult. Just be familiar with your data structures.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

A round of technical phone interview with 2 coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Medium difficulty level, one was about strings, and the next question was about linked list.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Talked to them at college career fair. Got an on campus interview the day after that. Received on site interview invatation 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing Difficult. All basic questions like serialize a binary tree.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Applied at a career fair and had a short 30 minute interview with a recruiter. After that I got an email offer for an onsite interview at their office. Interview consisted of 1 demo, 3 technical questions, a lunch interview, an interview with a team leader, and 1 HR interview.
    The technical questions included a code review(I got the triangle class everyone else seemed to get), an OOD question(lego blocks), and several algorithm questions (Know your trees).

Interview Questions

• One of the interviews required me to design a class for some Lego blocks. It wasn't hard but it did catch me off guard since I wasn't really sure how to exhibit good OOD principles with 3 plain lego blocks.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

After several email with the recruiter, the head of the engineering department gave me a 45 mins phone interview about my background and some data structure questions. Two weeks later, the recruiter arranged me an onsite interview at Austin office. It was a whole day interview from 9 AM to 3 PM. The procedure is as follows:
    1. Introduction to the FactSet software.
    2. Two coding section to test skills of using C++.
    3. Code review (Triangle)
    4. Lunch
    5. Interview with one manager (mostly about resume)
    6. Phone talk with the recruiter (behavior questions)
    Each section is about 45 mins to 1 hour long.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Company took my resume as a freshman and called me to schedule a phone interview as a junior. The process was a phone interview then they flew me to an all day on site interview.

The software they work on is pretty cool tho the work environment was very cubley and did not expect that from how the place was described to me.

Codeing,Code desing,Code review three part interview plus HR Questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied through a referral and was contacted within a week. The representative asked me which position I would like to apply for and helped me come to the conclusion of software engineer. We set up a phone interview for the following week with a Factset software engineer. I am waiting to hear back from them regarding the second interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Multiple technical interviews
    * Code Review - given the Chromeum Embedded Framework open source, find as many bugs and design issues as possible
    * Design - design a 4 dimensional maze, its graphical representation, and find the shortest distance to the end
    * Algorithms
       * Given 2 sorted lists of numbers M and N, find the k highest values of M(i) + N(j) in O(k)
       * Given a weighted graph, create an algorithm to find the a path that hits all points given as input, with another set of inputs that limits the shortest path to take between the nodes
       * Turn an array of characters that represents a number, into an integer