FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

FactSet Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

1,223 Interview Reviews

Customer Service Interview

Interview

Applied Online and heard back within the month. Scheduled a time for both of us to meet via phone call and had a quick 30-45 initial phone screen. Interviewer was very nice and the process went smoothly

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

There was four 45-minute interviews as well as a group exercise. The managers interviewing were all very nice. There was an excel test, presentation, reading comprehension exercise, and market knowledge questions.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, MA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Bridgewater, MA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Recruiter was awful to work with and very unresponsive. Took almost three weeks to finally speak with hiring manager. Recruiter should be fired. Amazing they can hire anyone. Time to punt,

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

On campus interview then 4 interviews at their office. First we were shown their product, then we did 4 interviews then a group activity to look at team-building skills.

Interview Questions

• Think of an app. How would you improve it?
      Describe group projects you were a part of.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, a pretty standard technical question. 2 whiteboard, 1 code review, lunch, then one with team leader. Coding questions weren't too hard, but technical interviews were pretty long, an hour each.

Copy Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet in April 2019.

Interview

First I got a rejection letter for a position I didn’t even apply for. Then about a week later, I got an email asking for a screening interview. The first woman (talent acquisition specialist) who called me basically negged me the whole time, talking about how she almost didn’t even call me and making it sound like I was a crazy long shot for the company (I was overqualified by a year). Then I spoke to the director of marketing, and she was great. I was offered a video interview, which I accepted, but then was offered another position elsewhere. I called the first woman I spoke to twice and emailed her, all without getting any sort of response, to let her know. Then a day later, I got an email from the generic company saying they had decided I was not an “ideal match for their company.”

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions about who I am, what my credentials are, etc.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Mostly behavioral. However, they asked thought-provoking questions which in hindsight were very applicable to the nature of the role. Some are tough questions which you wouldn't know to prepare for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a great idea, and you knew it was the right decision to make, but your boss was not receptive and did not want to listen to you. How would you react or convince them to listen?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I applied on line, and then was contacted for a phone interview. Had one phone interview. Asked a lot of Behavioral questions as well as questions regarding background. The interviewer was very nice and personable.

Client Solutions Interview

Interview

Submitted my resume and shortly was offered an on-campus interview. Interviewer was very friendly and supportive. I was asked fairly simple questions and did not feel intimated at all. Also, the interviewer fills you in a lot on the position rather than making you explain all of it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is one quality or activity that defines you?
      How would you describe what FactSet does to your grandmother?   Answer Question

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in March 2019.

Interview

I'm not going to get too detailed into the interview process for the Client Solutions Associate position (in the U.S.) as there are a lot of reviews on this website that are very accurate. At the very least FactSet is repeatable and consistent. My process was the following:
    1.) Submitted my resume at a career fair at my alma mater (I was an experienced professional looking for a change).
    2.) 30-Minute phone screen with HR representative.
    3.) Pre-Onsite skills test (testing basic analogies, reading comprehension and data analysis)
    3.) On-site interview consisting of a short demonstration then a rotation through various managers who asked behavioral questions, performed an excel test or rather your ability to brief how to do something in excel, asked questions based on a financial datasheet and had you present a topic of interest. The presentation on the topic of interest was something you were told about in advance and could prepare. The day ended with a group exercise where all of the candidates interviewing that day had to prioritize a list of items and present their choices/why. There was a lunch with a couple of consultants as well.
    I originally accepted an offer that I had to withdraw from due to personal reasons. However, I wanted to discuss the background check process following acceptance of an offer. FactSet runs a very thorough background check probably because they are a financial company. They will run a federal check, state check and check local counties that you have lived in. Additionally, they will run a DMV check on your driving history, so all criminal and driving related offenses will be available to them. I was asked to make a statement about a couple of careless driving offenses over the past 6 years as well as a recent non-violent misdemeanor. I believe I successfully mitigated those items as I received future correspondences about my start date, but I was never notified explicitly that those offenses were okay. It's good, however that they allow candidates an opportunity to explain previous negative events although that may be required by law.