FactSet Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

FactSet Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

The initial phone interview was rather straightforward, but the interviewer was kind of short and arrogant. Normal CS-theory questions about Big-O running times for specific algorithms and what sorting methods would be optimal given a set of data.
The on-site interviews were 4 back to back interviews with two being engineering topics (algorithms and data structures was the first, in-depth system designs the second). The other two were personality and HR tests, if you consider those to be real interviews (which, I guess they kind of are).

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a relational database schema where the only method acceptable is to store data is by using plain-text files?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

the process had 4 rounds .
    1st round comprised of three technical questions categorised as easy , medium and hard . if you solve the hardest question , you will make it to the next round .

technical interview :
    concept of oops , data structures would be asked . you have to be very firm with the concept . the will ask you to improve you code in terms of complexities . dont fake in your resume . the interviewer would help you solve the question . a piece of advice , tell your approach to the interviewer at every step .

second technical interview :
    he will ask you to solve some puzzles (real life ) , ex to implement an automatic parking lot system .
    and other concepts .

hr / fit in round :
    if you make it to the hr round , you are into the company . for they call it a fit in round and see where the person is more likely to be efficient in their company.

Interview Questions

• concept of oops , strings , ds , problems on strings , ds .   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

(a) Telephonic
    (b) Written test
    (c) Technical

Interview Questions

• What will happen if I give same name for two controls in asp.net   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

The whole process was good.

Written test for testing Communication as well as tech skills followed by Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

nice reception and co-ordination.
    the number of rounds is not fixed.
    There is a written Examination

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Application + 1 hour Phone interview, 3 hours on site interview including product demo, technical screening and soft skill session. Tech part was really challenging in terms of data structure questions...

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There were two rounds of written test. The first roud was objective in that question were from ASP.Net,OOps concept and SQL. Second round was programming round in that they asked to write 5 programs

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

one written and 3 technical interviews. Written has good questions on c#,WPF and SQL.
    Interviews were on basic c# and few problem solving skills. But it took long time for the process. I have to go multiple times to that place. Also the waiting time is longer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through online, Whole process took 3-4 weeks

First round was technical written test, I thought I didn't clear this round as I didn't hear from them for 1.5 week.

After that recruiter scheduled technical discussion, the way they asked the questions was good. In the same round Immediately they asked some logical questions.

Next round was Managerial round where they explained me about project and team and timings etc. Same round they asked about expected CTC also.

Next HR called me for final discussion and released the offer on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Logical questions, Project Architecture, Session Handling, AJAX, etc   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

major focus is on algorithms for the mid level candidates, for more experienced there is a lot of emphasis on design. There are different teams and each team interviews the candidate on different technologies. The teams work in C#, C++, Angular js, SQL and so on.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.